Learners can appropriately combine a variety of industry-standard manufacturing techniques to independently produce and assemble components for a finished project.
- Use a 2D cutter (laser, jigsaw, water, ultrasonic) to produce 2D components for assembly
- Use a 3D printer/router to produce a completed product or components for an assembly
- Use exposure and etching techniques to produce custom PCBs
- Use a laser cutter to produce 2D acrylic sides for a housing to a model traffic light, including holes for projected components like LEDs and buttons, and integrated space for a PCB
- Print a 3D housing for a Pi Zero Game Boy clone
- Produce a custom PCB for an automated pet feeder