Steam (Possibly Terraria)

9 posts
by matthewtb » Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:49 pm
I was just wondering whether it would be possible to download steam onto a Raspberry Pi and if so would it be possible to run Terraria? Just Wondering..... :P
by Narishma » Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:10 am
No, it will not be possible unless Valve decides to port Steam to ARM Linux (of the ARMv6 or less variety) and then Terraria's developers decide to port their game to ARM Linux (of the ARMv6 variety) and release it on that version of Steam.
by limewax » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:30 am
Not possible to run game itself. However, you can put server on raspberry - 512 MB version. It runs fine on small map, under mono, with overclock for 900 Mhz - [90% CPU usage, no lags]. Ram usage - 270 MB.
by Kemrek » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:31 am
limewax wrote:Not possible to run game itself. However, you can put server on raspberry - 512 MB version. It runs fine on small map, under mono, with overclock for 900 Mhz - [90% CPU usage, no lags]. Ram usage - 270 MB.

Could you tell me how exactly to install a Terraria on server on a Pi? Which OS to use, which programs are needed to emulate a windows environment and the commands needed. I really would like to be able to set up a Terraria server on one of my Pis.

Thank you for any help that you can give me.
by ghans » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:39 am
You need softfloat Debian , which is no longer updated.

Then do a
Code: Select all
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install mono-runtime
wget  --user-agent="Mozilla/5.0" http://www.terraria.org/terraria-server.zip
unzip terraria-server.zip
mono terraria-server.exe -config serverconfig.txt

I would edit serverconfig.txt beforehand.

ghans
• Don't like the board ? Missing features ? Change to the prosilver theme ! You can find it in your settings.
• Don't like to search the forum BEFORE posting 'cos it's useless ? Try googling : yoursearchtermshere site:raspberrypi.org
by Kemrek » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:27 pm
Thank you for the help but I seem to be stuck.

When I use the command: mono TerrariaServer.exe -config serverconfig.txt
it comes back with this error.

Unhandled Exception: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'Terraria.ProgramServer' from assembly 'TerrariaServer, Version=1.0.4.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'Terraria.ProgramServer' from assembly 'TerrariaServer, Version=1.0.4.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

Also, when I tried to use the command: mono start-server.bat
I was given this error.

Cannot open assembly 'Terraria_Server.exe': File does not contain a valid CIL image.

What exactly does this mean and how do I fix it?
by ghans » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:33 pm
Do you have any experience with TDSM ? The project
seems abandoned , but it might be easier to get working
than the original server. You might have realized i don't play
Terraria at all. I just took a shot in the dark after reading the
FAQ :lol:
Perhaps its time for someone who knows what hes
talking about to help out here ...

ghans
• Don't like the board ? Missing features ? Change to the prosilver theme ! You can find it in your settings.
• Don't like to search the forum BEFORE posting 'cos it's useless ? Try googling : yoursearchtermshere site:raspberrypi.org
by Kemrek » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:13 am
Thank you for all of your help. The problem I was facing was that I needed the most up-to-date version of TDSM. I appreciate all the help.
by finncraft2013 » Wed May 01, 2013 11:57 pm
Spanish:
Yo creo que si, Si reducimos la memoria de Terraria (A:140mbRAM) (B: 450mbRAM) se lograria. :D