Any signs of life from Allied Electronics?

49 posts   Page 2 of 2   1, 2
by raspberryyyz » Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:31 am
raspberryyyz wrote:Package shipped from Kentucky on the 29th and was listed as out for delivery this morning. Hopefully all works out - experience has been pretty seamless so far!

They arrived today - installing raspbmc now!
by bwoodbury » Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:55 pm
I also received my Pi yesterday from Allied :D

Shipped via UPS Worldwide Saver to BC in western Canada from Kentucky on June 28. It only took a day to get to within 200 miles of me and then stopped for the Canada Day long weekend. I guess UPS takes holidays too :)

2nd one now on order

Edit - Final cost from Allied was $61.86 CAN > $36.23 for Pi $6.63 taxes and $19.00 shipping
by bwoodbury » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:06 pm
The latest status email from Allied

Thank you for your recent Raspberry Pi order.
We know you've been waiting patiently to get your hands on your Raspberry Pi. They are being manufactured as quickly as possible, but the demand is huge, so the estimated delivery is about 12 weeks from when you placed your order.
We've received a lot of questions about this and wanted to make sure you know what to expect. Please note that we won't charge your card until the order has shipped, at which time it will be processed and you will receive a shipment notification.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please give us a call at (866) 433-5722.
Thank you!
Allied Electronics
by arckonicon » Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:08 am
Well at least someone has been getting their boards i ordered more than 12 weeks ago and still havent heard from allied. I sent them a message 8 or 10 weeks in and they said in no uncertan terms that it clearly states a 12 week wait. Now it has been longer than that and still nothing :cry: i have been trying to get ONE of these to play around with since they came out and i keep reading stories of what people are doing with multiple boards (looking at the guy who used 32 of them to make a cluster computer) how are some people getting them in droves while others are still waiting to just get one. :?: just figured i would add my $.02
When traveling the stars, make sure you head is not in the clouds. -Arckonicon
Life is like a bank. When you invest your effort it gives great returns -Arckonicon
by sdjf » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:16 am
The last post in this thread before yours was July 11, about three months ago, but thank you for livening it up.

Allied has been sending advertizing emails to those of us waiting in line, but I have not heard of anyone getting any other email from them about their Raspberry Pi orders, at least not in the last month or two.

There is another thread someone in the forum about contacting your Customer Service Rep for information. I have not tried that yet - am waiting until I see what happens in another week or so, when my 12 weeks since ordering will occur.
FORUM TIP: To view just one person's posting history, sign in, click on their user name, then click on "Search User's Posts." || This Pi owner is running Arch on 512MB Model B.
by arckonicon » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:33 pm
I apologize I didn’t look at the dates I didn’t mean to necro a thread. I just saw that it was on roughly the same problem that I have been having with them and decided to make an account (been looking or a good reason to anyhow since I was going to make an account on the pi itself :D )

I am just shocked that they would act like this. I sent another email to them a few days ago and I still have heard nothing back

Seems like bad PR to me. At least tell us what is going on if you know what I mean.
Life is like a bank. When you invest your effort it gives great returns -Arckonicon
by OwlBoy » Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:59 pm
I am also having issues.

I recommend calling if you are in the United States. They are very friendly. Mine appears to be shipping today, and I need to call back tomorrow to figure out why the ammount I was charged is so different from what I would expect considering the shipping I chose.
by mspohr » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:36 pm
I received my long delayed order (July 15 2012) from Allied on the 15th October. I don't know how to tell if it's a 256K or 512K since I haven't run it yet. It has a sticker E2812RSV1.0B1.1 on the back.
I ordered another from Newark/Element14 in September and received it in 3 weeks.
Looks like Allied is not really up to speed with this yet.
by sdjf » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:51 pm
Liz explains how to see how much RAM on the following page:

http://www.raspberrypi.org/archives/2191
FORUM TIP: To view just one person's posting history, sign in, click on their user name, then click on "Search User's Posts." || This Pi owner is running Arch on 512MB Model B.
by mspohr » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:08 pm
Thanks for that link.
It looks like I have been rewarded for my excessively long wait from Allied by receiving one of the last 256 MB parts... They probably wanted to clean out their stock by shipping to all of their old orders since new orders will expect the 512 part.
Oh well, I wasn't expecting more (and I didn't get it) and I don't know if it will make any difference for my project.
I don't think I would order from Allied again, though.
When my project rolls out, I'll order from Newark.
by WWB » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:31 pm
I received mine from Allied today(Oct 17) and it is a 256 also.
by sdjf » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:07 am
WWB wrote:I received mine from Allied today(Oct 17) and it is a 256 also.

WWB, please tell us when your order was placed, and when it was shipped?

And did you get rev 1 or rev 2?

Thanks!
by sdjf » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:22 am
Hey, guys, I do not think it is a matter of reward or punishment. Fact is that the earlier you get your Pi, the less chance there is you will get whatever enhancements roll out in time. Old stock is getting moved at varied inconsistent rates depending on geography and supplier, that is the way it goes.

I am curious what the chances are I will get the latest and greatest, but when I get it, I will figure it is just the way that the chips have fallen. I will either shrug my shoulders and say, "oh well," or be pleasantly surprised. Either way, I will happily have a nice new Raspberry Pi in my hands and go on to the next stage of getting it running.

I am a little concerned about power issues if I get version 1, but I would have had them anyhow if no version 2 had come out, I can just hope things will work fine with my power supply, no matter what version I end up with.
by Lob0426 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:49 am
mspohr wrote:I received my long delayed order (July 15 2012) from Allied on the 15th October. I don't know how to tell if it's a 256K or 512K since I haven't run it yet. It has a sticker E2812RSV1.0B1.1 on the back.
I ordered another from Newark/Element14 in September and received it in 3 weeks.
Looks like Allied is not really up to speed with this yet.

You look like you got a version 1.0 also. That is the same tag number (E2812RSV1.0B1.1)as I have on mine. It is a 256MB version 1.0 with polyfuses. To confirm that look near the USB connector. between the lights and the USB connector you will probably see a small green rectangle then a black then another green. The green rectangles are USB fuses. These boards have not been produced for at least a month and a half by Farnell. For RS they were probably produced more than 3 months ago. Also you should see 10M instead of the correct 100M on the light near the end of the board.
A 1.1 board has the incorrect 10M but has three black rectangles (two are 0ohm resistors and the middle one is a 47uf capacitor) 2.0 boards only have the capacitor, no other rectangles and have 2 mounting holes. There are other differences but these are the easy to spot changes.

I am sorry but you have confirmed that RS is shipping out-dated boards to U.S. customers
I oredered mine on 7/6/12. And received the same thing you did!
512MB version 2.0 as WordPress Server
Motorola Lapdock with 512MB
Modded Rev 1.0 with pin headers at USB

http://rich1.dyndns.tv/
(RS)Allied ships old stock to reward its Customers for long wait!
by sdjf » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:08 am
@Lob0426: mspohr received his order October 15, no one yet whose board was shipped from
Allied on or after Oct 15, has said what rev board they received. Liz's announcement was that boards *shipped* on and after Oct 15 would be the new rev 2 with 512MB - an order received on that date would have shipped some time the prior week.

You are likely right, orders shipped this week are probably from the same stock as last week, but we do not know for sure.
by Lob0426 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:15 pm
They will continue to ship out the revision 1.0 boards until they are all gone, I do not believe that Oct 15th date really matters to them at all. I was told that ORDERS after Oct. 16th would get 512MB boards. Not boards SHIPPED after Oct 15th. Semantics change there someplace1

by sdjf » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:57 pm
Anyone heard anything from Allied in Texas lately? Order numbers are something like 2500237xxx. I recall someone posting that for their order placed mid August, they were informed they would get a Rev 1 board, and so they cancelled. What are people hearing or getting direct from Allied now, if anything? And please post order number and date and shipping date.
by arckonicon » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:18 pm
My board finally came in. just wanted to post that so they are moving but very slowly. and quite behind schedule.
by sdjf » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:55 am
arckonicon wrote:My board finally came in. just wanted to post that so they are moving but very slowly. and quite behind schedule.

please post when you ordered and what your order number was with the last 3 digits converted to x's so the rest of us know where we stand? I am assuming you are talking about an Allied USA site order, but no way to judge without seeing your 10 digit order number. as far as I know, there is no schedule posted yet for Allied USA site orders, we know they are behind the original estimates from when purchases were made.

oh, and did you get rev2, the one with two holes and 512MB? It would be reassuring for many of us to get confirmation of what you received.
by arckonicon » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:09 am
sorry for the wait on my post. my order number was 2500215xxx
I am under the impression that it is a rev 1.1 board as it only has 256 ram.

i was hoping that i would be a rev 2 but alas it was not
by Lob0426 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:17 am
arckonicon wrote:sorry for the wait on my post. my order number was 2500215xxx
I am under the impression that it is a rev 1.1 board as it only has 256 ram.

i was hoping that i would be a rev 2 but alas it was not

If you get a rev1.0 board, send it back and order from Element14. Allied is not supposed to ship anymore rev1.0's. Of course they do not seem to be able to follow there their own policies on anything! They stated they would not ship any rev1.0 boards after October 16 2012, so make them stick to it!

They say they have cleared up the backlog but there are still people that have not received a board, even though they ordered almost 7 months ago.

Best Idea; order someplace else!!!

by arckonicon » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:08 am
i pulled the board out of its case to check what version i got and ill be dambed they sent me a rev 1 complete with green polyfuse's.

i am just a little irate about that but i really don't want to wait months to get a replacement.

why were they sending old boards out for so long? more importantly if they have that many old boards why did it take months to ship them?

I also checked the order date and it was july 6th
by Lob0426 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:27 am
arckonicon wrote:i pulled the board out of its case to check what version i got and ill be dambed they sent me a rev 1 complete with green polyfuse's.

i am just a little irate about that but i really don't want to wait months to get a replacement.

why were they sending old boards out for so long? more importantly if they have that many old boards why did it take months to ship them?

I also checked the order date and it was july 6th

I asked the same questions, they had no answer.

Send it back and order from Element 14 you will probably get it in less than 2 weeks. Or call Allied and ask them why they are sending out ver1.0 boards when it is well after Nov.16, 2012. They stated that only 512MB boards would be sent out after that date. Your board has not been in the mail for over 2 months. They are just still finding ver1.0's lying around and trying to dump them.

They just do not have any moral sense at all!

Also you should post in this thread,
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=26289&p=259658#p259658
, as it is the current RS/Allied thread about orders. Let RS know how their affiliate is treating you!

by sdjf » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:16 am
what matters is your shipping date, you say ordered july 9 or 11 (i forget which), you posted before the 15 Oct that not received yet.

viewtopic.php?p=192485#p192485

Allied is better about this than RS. If the ship date was 15 Oct or later, call them and get someone to agree to honor the 15 Oct promised rev. If shipped before 15 Oct, I think it is long past their return window now, unless defective.