SqueezePlug for Raspberry Pi ready for download

450 posts   Page 16 of 18   1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
by loicvan » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:41 pm
Hello here

I'v been trying to install squeezeplug on my Rpi.

Everything is fine, I made the expand rootfs option

Squeezeplug has restarted when I enter "setup" with root@squeezeplug access , I cannot access to the setup again, nothing happens .. .. just "root@squeezeplug:~#" appears ....

I've tried with another sd card , same thing happens ....

I've been tried at least a dozen times, reformating cards, burn image ...

I'm a linux newbie and stuck here ...

Someone has perhaps any idea ?

thank you for your help, would love to put squeezeplug up to listen to my flac collection

Loic
by loicvan » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:07 pm
eveything's fine by now

currently enjoying squeezeplug 8-)
by ArnaudTlse » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:28 pm
@ loicvan

Good :)
Can you tell me your firmware version please ?
(paste à 'uname -a' command)

thanks
by zigge » Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:58 pm
Hi

I have just played around a litle bit bit sqeezeplug but I think the concept of using this in multiroom audio is a very very good idea'.

However, when playing around I found out you cant have both squeezelite and shairport installed.

Would it be possible to have lets say, squeezelite give out sound to usb sound card and shairport to hdmi? Or should I give up the idéa of having both options? I really like airport since it's "so easy" but would like to use squeezelite for multiroom..

Sorry for bad english, if it is, I dont know :)
by koymoy » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:18 pm
Hi,

Being quite the noob, I wan't to apologize if my question is of very noobish character, but here goes anyway! :-)

I wan't to be able to access/stream my music via the internet - ex. being at my brothers place, be able to hook fx my android phone to his dock/amp and stream MY music collection or connect his computer and access the music via browser.

Is this achievable in any way? my main concern here is security. I'm not really a techie when it comes to security, but do know enough to realize I have to be careful about portscanners...and stuff...;)
Also, how about adding new media, when i'm on the home network and how about scrapers for new content - is this available present on the squeezplug/LMS solution?

Hope to get some good answers and thx in advance - oh, and of course thx for the hard work!

/Christian
by ddg » Wed May 01, 2013 9:03 pm
I think subsonic streamer may be what you are looking for. I haven't tried it on a pi, can't vouch for performance.

http://www.subsonic.org/pages/index.jsp

Forum
http://forum.subsonic.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8374&start=30

Install instructions
http://mj2p.co.uk/?p=57
http://mj2p.co.uk/?p=7

I'd love to see this bundled in squeezeplug!

koymoy wrote:Hi,

Being quite the noob, I wan't to apologize if my question is of very noobish character, but here goes anyway! :-)

I wan't to be able to access/stream my music via the internet - ex. being at my brothers place, be able to hook fx my android phone to his dock/amp and stream MY music collection or connect his computer and access the music via browser.

Is this achievable in any way? my main concern here is security. I'm not really a techie when it comes to security, but do know enough to realize I have to be careful about portscanners...and stuff...;)
Also, how about adding new media, when i'm on the home network and how about scrapers for new content - is this available present on the squeezplug/LMS solution?

Hope to get some good answers and thx in advance - oh, and of course thx for the hard work!

/Christian
by bryanwallen » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:30 pm
Hi. I have a Nokia Lumia 920 with the Play To app installed. Will Squeezeplug accept streamed audio over wifi and output it to an audio amp. I am thinking it will but look forward to receiving confirmation. Thanks in anticipation.
Bryan
by southpaw » Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:30 pm
Hi Guys an gurls, I am looking for a lil bit of help if I may, I have an onkyo surround sound amp (unfortunately only does hdmi passthru and no hdmi sound) . I purchased a cheap usb sound card http://dx.com/p/usb-2-0-7-1ch-optical-s ... nge-172008
to pass audio to the amp from the pi. I have downloaded this awesome package but its all a bit overwhelming.
my mission is to use this software as a simple samba server (I can handle that part fine lol) with a 2tb powered hdd attached as a media server and also to use it as an audio player thru optical usb to amp, I am struggling with all the options on setup, would ideally like a simple U_I on android/iphone to select audio files to play thru my surround sound setup.
can any kind soul please advise, and also are additional apps required on the phone side of the setup.
sorry for the long-winded Q, any advise greatly appreciated as I have lost a full day on this today and still struggling

also many thanks to Thomas for the time and effort put into this suite,
by pbattino » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:32 am
I was unable to get audio when using HDMI instead of analog out

I found the solution in another post (viewtopic.php?t=23407 )

in /boot/config.txt I had to add

Code: Select all
hdmi_drive=2

the reboot.

this because my HDMI device is seen by the RPI as a DVI (=video only) while it accepts audio as well.

Once set this parameter, HDMI works... BUT the audiotest provided by the setup (the audio file "front left" and the horn) still don't work correctly, I don't know why.... (they play corrupted). Luckily I did not trust the test and tried LMS instead.
SUGGESTION: if possible, change the setup script to add hdmi_drive=2, or at least show a warning on-screen. It should be possible for the setup script to at least detect if the Pi is in video-only mode, so that the user knows, using opt/vc/bin/tvservice

Audio is now OK (no clicks and pops anymore).
by mantekka » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:37 pm
So I got SqueezePlug running on my pi and it's fantastic. I can finally shuffle my whole music collection with ease :)
I'm using the logitech app to control the LMS from my iphone and output sound through the pi.
What I wonder now, is it possible to use an app on my iphone to connect to LMS, select a song and play it back on my iPhone instead of through the pi audio?
by Paul Webster » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:41 am
mantekka wrote:What I wonder now, is it possible to use an app on my iphone to connect to LMS, select a song and play it back on my iPhone instead of through the pi audio?

If you access http://ipaddressofyourpi:9000/stream.mp3 then you should see a new player connected to your LMS ... which you can then control.
However, for a more integrated way of doing things ... buy iPeng and use the in app purchase to add in playback support - then you get a controller app that can also act as a player (and even synchronise pretty well with real Squeezeboxes or RPi pretending to be one).
Playback support might be one of the other apps as well but I haven't bought and tried them.
by kelsojim » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:27 am
mantekka wrote:So I got SqueezePlug running on my pi and it's fantastic. I can finally shuffle my whole music collection with ease :)
I'm using the logitech app to control the LMS from my iphone and output sound through the pi.
What I wonder now, is it possible to use an app on my iphone to connect to LMS, select a song and play it back on my iPhone instead of through the pi audio?

Something like IPeng for your iPhone will act as a controller and player / client for LMS
by kelsojim » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:02 am
I originally put this in the wrong section...
Hi All,
I have set up Squeezeplug (to run logitech media server and a player) and I was wondering if there is a way to disable the login request or autologin?
I was expecting that the Pi running Squeezeplug would show on the network like my Synology NAS and my pc running Linux Mint so that I could add and remove music files without accessing the pi.
I am new to Squeezeplug and thought if I could sort out these things I could pass it on to a friend as their music server ..(and one for me :D )

Thanks

Jim

by mantekka » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:44 pm
Hi Jim,

Squeezeplug should show on your network regardless of whether you're logged in or not. LMS is started on boot up and should be visible on the network.
My player shows up automatically for me on iOS logitech media player app and on android apps that I have.
by kelsojim » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:20 am
That's interesting.
I assumed you would only need to login after a reboot to change Squeezeplugs settings.
I will try this again today.
However I cannot see the music folder on the network to add or delete content from another device on the local network.
If anyone has done this, could they describe how to access the music folder? (Its on a USB key directly connected to the Pi)I have searched the web and cannot find a how to.
Regards
Jim
by mantekka » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:40 am
Well you need to set up Logitech Media Server initially on the pi to index a music folder.
So you would need to mount the drive on the pi. Have you done that? I'm using Samba to mount my NAS.
http://www.squeezeplug.eu/wiki/index.ph ... Connection

Once Squeezeplug has established an IP address. You can log into the LMS web interface to configure more settings.
http://192.168.yourIP:9000
From here you can trigger a media scan/rescan without logging on to the pi.
by SteveSpencer » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:29 am
That is the way to go - it's more or less what I do for my LMS, except that instead of a SAMBA share, I have a USB external drive (powered from a hub, of course), which is set to automatically mount (see fstab) holding the music.

On a related note, despite following the advice on the slimdevices forum on tagging and naming, I find that my multi-disc compilation albums still appear as separate albums.

Does anyone have a definitive "write these tags and this works" for LMS?

A bit more detail:
The mp3 files for each disc are stored in separate folders, such as 1/00321, 2/00322, 3/00323. Each track has a TPOS tag of "1/3", "2/3" or "3/3" appropriately, the album artist is set to "Various Artists" using the TPE2 tag, with the album name (TALB) being set to the same, none of your "Alchemy Disc 1" nonsense. The album title, track number, track title, and track artist are then set using the tags used by taglib (which is what the ripper/tagger I've written uses), which I believe are TALB, TRCK, TIT2 and TPE1. There are also APIC (for cover art), TYER (for year), and TCON (for genre, I think).

Artwork shows up fine, named artist multi-disc is fine, but not the compilation albums, so my "Now That's What I Call 30 Years"... appears as three separate discs in the album view, whereas the aforementioned Dire Straits "Alchemy" appears as a single item, not two separate discs.

I have, of course, run a complete rescan of the music folder after making sure all of the above was true - which is a non-trivial exercise for approximately 24000 files. Each disc has a corresponding text file which holds the information that should be applied to each track, including the fact that it's part of a multi-disc set, and then my tagger goes off and does it's thing for a (long) while.

In all other respects, LMS is ideal for what I want to do, namely a server somewhere on the network, and a number of players around the house which may or may not be in sync. Given the low cost of a Pi and a USB DAC, I don't think I'm ready to spend Sonos sized amounts of money just yet...

Steve
Steve S
No, I can't think of anything funny that won't offend someone if they want it to...
by kelsojim » Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:14 pm
Mantekka,
Thanks for the reply and you are correct the LMS starts without logging into the squeezeplug as does squeezelite player.
I am still looking to get /mnt/hd2 ( my external 64GB USB key) to show on my network so I can add music files without removing the drive.
I could have my library on my NAS and update that but this music server is for a friend of mine without NAS.
Anyone know how I can "see" the USB drive from my ipad or computer?
Cheers
by mantekka » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:28 pm
kelsojim wrote:Anyone know how I can "see" the USB drive from my ipad or computer?
Cheers

Ok I understand now. I don't know any easy way to do this, and no-one else seems to have a solution for you.
I just checked my mac and my pi shows up as a Shared device. I can click in to "media_lib" and see all my mounts.

You could try sftp'ing into your pi using a program like filezilla, this should allow you to browse to the folder where your mounts are and transfer files to them.
by kelsojim » Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:40 pm
So the media / usb mount can be "seen" in Windows ( shown on the developers you tube video) and it can be seen from OSX.
Is there any tips for viewing the same folder using my Linux MInt desktop?

I dont want to use FTP or SFTP as it is intended as a music server for a non techie household and they can manage drag and drop!
Thanks again.

JIm
by mantekka » Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:16 pm
I guess you should treat that as a separate project and look at setting up the pi as a NAS. I found a good tutorial here where he details how to set it up as a share for linux mint using smbfs
http://bigcowpi.blogspot.ie/2013/03/ras ... rting.html
by kelsojim » Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:28 pm
Really I'm just wanting the same access to Squeezeplugs music folder as is available in Windows and OSX .
I don't want it as a NAS I have a Synology NAS.
Just looking to add music to the mounted USB key without physically pulling it out of the Pi and plugging it into my mint box.
by mantekka » Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:51 pm
But what you're describing is essentially a NAS. Accessing a storage device via the network...no?
Your laptop would have to connect to it using a similar method as your synology NAS.

You probably will need to add some configuration to the pi in order for linux to see it as a shared drive.
by kelsojim » Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:53 am
The other machines I have connected to the network just appear after a connection dialog asks for a user and password.
Network / Windows sharing etc.
OpenElec XBMC and many others appear in this way and are not set up as NAS drives.
So I'm not sure why the Squeezeplug does not show.
Maybe I have to install another package?
by Paul Webster » Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:23 pm
From the Squeezeplug installer menu - you should find an option to install SAMBA server (possibly under "Advanced" - but it has been a while since I looked).
This is an emulation of the Microsoft SMB protocol and will make your RPi appear as a file server to Windows (and other SMB-enabled) systems.