streaming RPI camera video to Dlna client in smart TV

3 posts
by superpat999 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:35 pm
Hi,

I have been searching the forums for some time now, and have not found any pertinent info yet.

Problem:-

I have a RPI (and camera) mounted under the roof eaves, connected via ethernet.
I would like to view the video stream on a HD smart TV that has a ethernet connection and ONLY an inbuilt DLNA client.
I am not interested in motion or intruder detection, I just want to view the stream occasionally on the TV

I first thought of installing minidlna server on the RPI, but looking at minidlna conf I cannot see how to set it up to accept the stream output from the camera as a minidlna input. Minidlna is designed to serve files from disk storage.

Is there a way to squirt the RPI video stream at the TV so as the inbuilt DLNA client will accept it and display the image?

most grateful for any help and pointers

regards

Patrick
by khandler » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:50 pm
Sorry to bring this subject up again but i have the same doubt. Has anyone solved this???
by aidanomatic » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:41 pm
not by any means an expert (well meaning amature) but could you have it so the camera output a static image file each second (or whatever) and then minidlna then sends that? Only issue that comes immediately to mind is space but you could whip up something using crontab and the find command.
Let us know how this goes!