IceFilms problems in XBMC

15 posts
by moneyleech » Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:34 pm
Hi I'm fairly new to the Raspbery Pi and XBMC but I got it all up and running today. I downloaded the fusion add on installer so that I could get 1channel and IceFilms. 1channel has been working fine for me, but IceFilms is displaying an error message "script failed plugin.video.icefilms". I've already tried a lot of troubleshooting websites to try an resolve the problem, but so far they haven't worked. I've already disabled meta data (under instruction) and I've installed some elementtree.zip file (again under instruction), but neither of these fixes have worked. Does anyone else have any ideas of what might work, or have experienced similar problems?
by Jessie » Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:47 am
moneyleech wrote:Hi I'm fairly new to the Raspbery Pi and XBMC but I got it all up and running today. I downloaded the fusion add on installer so that I could get 1channel and IceFilms. 1channel has been working fine for me, but IceFilms is displaying an error message "script failed plugin.video.icefilms". I've already tried a lot of troubleshooting websites to try an resolve the problem, but so far they haven't worked. I've already disabled meta data (under instruction) and I've installed some elementtree.zip file (again under instruction), but neither of these fixes have worked. Does anyone else have any ideas of what might work, or have experienced similar problems?

Don't steal content and you won't have as many issues.
Click my website link under my avitar for the RetroPie 2.3 guide in progress.
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
by moneyleech » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:47 am
Perfectly legal practice, so please get off your high horse.
by OtherCrashOverride » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:59 am
Maybe the Foundation should invest some funds in copyright education.

And now, here is an educational video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUCyvw4w_yk

"Its not just a copy, its a crime!"
:o
by moneyleech » Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:18 pm
Great video, but I don't see how it pertains to this situation as it's in reference to the illegal copying and distribution of media and software, as apposed to this scenario which is the online streaming of media.
by OtherCrashOverride » Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:27 pm
Copyright law gives the creator of works legal rights in regard to the distribution and reproduction of their works. If you have not been granted rights by the copyright owner to stream the content in question, then you are committing a crime. This is not a moral conjecture (you could burn in Hell), it is a legal one (you could be fined or go to jail).
by moneyleech » Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:40 pm
Wow what a condescending ending to that post. As of this current moment their are no laws for what I am doing regarding this topic, hence why people keep getting worried about things like SOPA. Their may be laws that the people on the other end are breaking, but that's not really my concern until it comes time to find a new host if they get shutdown. Finally are you seriously telling me that you've never once done something that may have broken a copyright law through the viewing or downloading of content, if you haven't well done, but I'd really like to get back to the actual topic rather than a debate on what is/isn't illegal.
by OtherCrashOverride » Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:49 pm
What has been implied and I will now state clearly: This is not the appropriate venue for your request and there are legal consequences for those assisting you. The jurisdiction where this forum operates is governed by laws that support copyright.
by moneyleech » Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:57 pm
A quick search on google will soon show you that their are now legal consequences to what I'm doing, here I've even done it for you https://www.google.com/#q=is%20online%2 ... %20illegal, if you have any problems with what I'm doing then they will only be yours (and other peoples) moral ones (i.e. burning in hell and all that jazz).
by OtherCrashOverride » Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:04 pm
The first link returned from that Google search is http://rt.com/usa/sopa-commerce-streaming-illegal-183/
Under current law, streaming a copyrighted song or show is only a misdemeanor

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misdemeanor
A misdemeanor (also spelled misdemeanour) is any "lesser" criminal act in some common law legal systems.
by moneyleech » Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:12 pm
Maybe in America. It's a damn shame that I don't live there.
by OtherCrashOverride » Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:25 pm
Then I recommend you have your lawyer draft a letter addressed to the Foundation indicating the legality of the practice in the jurisdiction governing them. Until then, you may wish to ask your question on a different forum.
by moneyleech » Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:33 pm
Oh don't worry I will be using a different forum, and please don't be so melodramatic it's just silly.
by OtherCrashOverride » Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:35 pm
Thank you. Have a nice day!
by moneyleech » Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:40 pm
You too :)