Camera driver

4 posts
by ingfut » Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:16 am
Hi,
I have Raspberry Pi camera with me, i would like to know more about Camera Driver if it, is it available open?
by jamesh » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:50 am
No, the camera driver for the Foundation camera board is built in to the GPU, and is closed source.
Soon to be employed engineer - Hurrah! Volunteer at the Raspberry Pi Foundation, helper at PiAcademy September 2014.
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
by antontre » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:00 am
Hello
That is really a pity for such a project.
Nevettheless do you know any camera who has its driver open and hughly customizable ( focus, time of exposure...)?

I would really appreciate if you can answer to this question
by jamesh » Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:06 pm
antontre wrote:Hello
That is really a pity for such a project.
Nevettheless do you know any camera who has its driver open and hughly customizable ( focus, time of exposure...)?

I would really appreciate if you can answer to this question

One man's pity is another man's "Oh that does load of stuff already, what a great bit of kit"

Do you mean a camera that runs on the Raspi? If so, no, there are no other cameras that work (unless you can find a webcam that has those facilities). You can change exposure settings on the raspi with a command line option, but you cannot yet specific an exposure time. Other options are also available.
Soon to be employed engineer - Hurrah! Volunteer at the Raspberry Pi Foundation, helper at PiAcademy September 2014.