Suggetions for Gert on a new Version Gertboard V3

3 posts
by silverfox0786 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:54 pm
After looking at the Version 1 and Version 2 Gertboard.

i wanted to humbly ask if a version 3 revision could be looked at

alot of talk goes on the basis that if you blow a IC then its easy to change and yes thats true

but only on version 1 not version 2

so i suggest that a V3 board have the IC put back onto holder as in version 1

again version 1 has a pinout header for J1 where as Version 2 has a socket header on the bottom

V3 i would suggest a stacker connector where both are possible. connector on bottom and pinout on top for cable use

these things are availble on a version 1 board but removed from the version 2 board and are features that enhance the board so why the step back from it

i will be buying another board but while my V2 board is fully functional i wouldnt buy one till these few things are looked at and if feasable which they should be would not buy another

but am open to anyone who has an unassembled V1 board :)

i hope this is something that is possible to atleast look at and hopefully impliment

thanks
by alexeames » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:00 am
silverfox0786 wrote:After looking at the Version 1 and Version 2 Gertboard.

alot of talk goes on the basis that if you blow a IC then its easy to change and yes thats true

How many chips have you blown? I haven't heard many reports of people blowing a chip yet. (Apart from one who attached unrectified 15V AC by mistake and fried his Pi and motor controller. No it wasn't me.)

Perhaps it's a bit harder than you think? (Or do you have any further confessions to make? :lol: )

silverfox0786 wrote:again version 1 has a pinout header for J1 where as Version 2 has a socket header on the bottom

V3 i would suggest a stacker connector where both are possible. connector on bottom and pinout on top for cable use

I like that idea, but it obviously adds to the cost.

silverfox0786 wrote:but am open to anyone who has an unassembled V1 board :)

I still have one, but I want to hang onto it. :D
Alex Eames RasPi.TV HDMIPi.com RasP.iO
by silverfox0786 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:58 am
alexeames wrote:
silverfox0786 wrote:After looking at the Version 1 and Version 2 Gertboard.

How many chips have you blown? I haven't heard many reports of people blowing a chip yet. (Apart from one who attached unrectified 15V AC by mistake and fried his Pi and motor controller. No it wasn't me.)

Perhaps it's a bit harder than you think? (Or do you have any further confessions to make? :lol: )

silverfox0786 wrote:again version 1 has a pinout header for J1 where as Version 2 has a socket header on the bottom

I like that idea, but it obviously adds to the cost.

silverfox0786 wrote:but am open to anyone who has an unassembled V1 board :)

I still have one, but I want to hang onto it. :D

im getting a v1 soon yay :)

one i add pullups to it should run like a v2

but still would love the stacker connector on a v3