HDMI Group/Mode = VGA only

4 posts
by Angerissues » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:46 am
Hey all,

So I have come across a slight issue (I think). For s&g's I installed Open Arena for some old school fun and this is where my issues have arisen.

Open Arena is running quite slow (seen max 25fps but ave of about 8fps), I take this as it's a resolution issues. My screen is native 1920x1080, so the pi boots into this resolution. OA doesn't seem to be able to change out of this as I suspect is due to the Pi's HDMI setup.

I tried forcing the HDMI group and mode, this is where the problem is btw, and all it seems to be doing is dropping it straight to G:1 M:1 no matter what mode I set it to, if I change to G:2 i get no visuals (which I believe to be my screen, not the Pi).

Am I missing a key element to forcing the group and mode? Is there another setting I should be changing aswell?

Currently the set up is: Pi > HDMI > DVI > Screen. Audio Via 3.5mm.

Other than Group and mode changes config.txt is per Raspbian Wheezy standard. I have tried upping the GPU ram to 256MB, and booting only to terminal. other than getting FPS up to 25 (while not moving or looking at anything other than a blank wall) there was negligeable performance difference.

Cheers,

Chris.
Raspberry Pi B Rev. 2
Raspbian OS

Please be patient with me, I am only learning. If I say something stupid, it's probably because I do not understand what you are trying to tell me.
by spuech » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:45 pm
Try looking at hdmi_mode to choose which resolution you want :

http://elinux.org/RPiconfig
by Angerissues » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:16 am
Yeah that's what I am doing, but it is only forcing into VGA not the resolution I am after.
Raspberry Pi B Rev. 2
Raspbian OS

Please be patient with me, I am only learning. If I say something stupid, it's probably because I do not understand what you are trying to tell me.
by Angerissues » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:44 am
Problem solved.

I just added:

Code: Select all
hdmi_ignore_edid=0xa5000080

to config.txt and I was able to change my resolution.

Chris.
Raspberry Pi B Rev. 2
Raspbian OS