HtpasswordFile

4 posts
by hormiguero » Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:03 pm
I developed a small, special purpose website for a group in whichI am in using Apache, Python (mod_python), and HTML/Javascript... I recently added the functions found in HtpasswordFile and debugged the script on a x86 compatible (Atom) box running Ubuntu latest version... All worked well until I transferred it to a RasPi where many of the HtpasswordFile functions (attributes) are not available. I have upgraded the Pi and tried to upgrade mod_python and it did not find any upgrades. Looking at the versions, they appear to be the same except on the Ubuntu machine, they have the suffix Ubuntu.. Anybody know what I need to do??
by croston » Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:24 pm
You should be using mod_wsgi these days because mod_python is deprecated. As for htpasswd files, check the AllowOverride setting in your Apache config file(s). I'm not entirely sure about that but reading up on it (Google it) will put you in the right area of investigation anyway.
by hormiguero » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:30 pm
Thanks for the pointer to mod_wsgi... I will try it and post another reply if I have any luck...
by hormiguero » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:56 pm
I read a bunch on the internet. I got the passlib-1.6.1 source which has the attributes that I needed for the current version of the website on the RasPi and installed the "enhanced" passlib into Python. The attributes work subtly different than on the Ubuntu system, but I can adapt. For now, I can continue with the mod-python method and will move to the mod-wsgi on the next version. Thanks for the help - I consider this SOLVED...