apt-get update/install lynx i get this error...

6 posts
by Devon Mafia » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:20 am
Err http://archive.raspberrypi.org wheezy Release.gpg

i suspect i have not configured the pi correctly but i have also heard it could be a fault on the sd image.

Im ethernetted to my netbook, using the PI with putty, my keyboard needs some kind of hardware update, i cant install lynx, i get these errors instead
by efflandt » Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:50 am
Can you access anything on the internet from your Pi?

If your netbook is running Windows, I suspect that you need to enable ICS for whatever connects it to the internet (WiFi or mobile data), let ethernet on the netbook get IP and everything automatically, and let your Pi get automatic IP. ICS in Windows would automatically assign an IP to your netbook ethernet and would do DHCP for the Pi (automatically giving it IP, gateway, DNS).
by DBryant » Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:27 pm
Have you had to updates the repository list in /etc/apt/sources.list?

I ask because apt-get scan this list looking for places to look for packages. An incorrect entry, its simply text editted with any editor, will cause grief.
by pluggy » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:22 pm
Ahhh, lynx and you thought midori was rough round the edges...... ;)
Don't judge Linux by the Pi.......
by sdjf » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:05 pm
Aw, lynx is my favorite, fastest browser! And it installed quickly and easily, although I used pacman on Arch to do it. It took some work, but I got the color scheme easier on the eyes, and it is great for sites not requiring SSL or javascript.

Try installing it again, maybe your repository was updating and the version your Pi was looking for had been superceded. And sync and reboot first, Pi's can get confused and give strange error messages, especially if your file system has gotten corrupted by, for example, turning it off without officially shutting down with a poweroff command. Run a fsck.ext4 to make sure it is intact, if you can put your SD card on another Linux box.
FORUM TIP: To view just one person's posting history, sign in, click on their user name, then click on "Search User's Posts." || This Pi owner is running Arch on 512MB Model B.
by tonyhughes » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:21 pm
No problems with the Raspbian Wheezy SD image and Lynx that I am aware of - I have used Lynx a lot and always installs fine via apt-get.

Do other things install via apt-get with your current setup?
Baked Linux Mod http://www.geek101.co.nz/bakedlinuxmod

Easy install of Drupal, Wordpress, RazorCMS, Chyrp, Apache, Nginx, Lighttpd, firewall, Webmin, VNC, RDP, FTP servers, mailservers, MySQL, SQLite, Transmission and more...

tall.co.nz/webcam.jpg