Transmission Daemon

3 posts
by Guitar42697 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:13 pm
I'm running the latest version of Raspbian Wheezy on my Raspberry Pi Model B. I had two SD cards, and I got transmission daemon working on my 8GB sd card, however, I am no longer able to boot to the visual UI because when I tried to get a torrent downloading to my hard drive, it wouldn't save there and saved on the card itself. It filled the entire memory causing the pic to only display dashes after the typical "Linux scrolling text boot". My other SD card, a 4gb micro SD card is working fine, however I am unable to get transmission daemon installed. I've attempted "sudo apt-get install transmissiom-daemon" several times to ensure it was entirely installed, and at the end it does specify that 0 new installations occurred. When I type in" sudo service transmission-daemon stop", it says the pic was unable to find that service.
Raspberry Pi Model B rev 3
(x2)SanDisk 8GB Micro SD card
Edimax USB WiFi adapter
(x1)Rosewill 7 port Powered USB Hub
IntoCircuit 11200MAh Battery
RPi camera module
by Guitar42697 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:45 am
Yes, I'm new to this forum, but I can see how many people have viewed the post. I need a reply.
Raspberry Pi Model B rev 3
(x2)SanDisk 8GB Micro SD card
Edimax USB WiFi adapter
(x1)Rosewill 7 port Powered USB Hub
IntoCircuit 11200MAh Battery
RPi camera module
by limewax » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:49 am
Well reinstall the system, thats the best option for non-booting problem. Then make sure you have valid config, and that it is saved correctly (daemon saves it at any shutdown).
Make sure transmission daemon in not running:
Code: Select all
sudo service transmission-daemon stop

Edit the config:
sudo vim /etc/transmission-daemon/settings.json

"download-dir": "/media/pendrive",
"incomplete-dir": "/media/pendrive",

Of course, replace paths with your HDD mount points.
Save config and run daemon again:
sudo service transmission-daemon start

Its done. You might want to use the web UI - it makes config even easier. Good luck.