congratulations!

3 posts
by stevelake » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:05 pm
I see over 1/2 a million now sold!... well done... during idle moments at work... we were discussing what the demographic is of buyers/users, specifically the age breakdown.. we feel the majority are in the 30-45 age group... but are probably completely wrong...
personally i have bought my Pi for my grandson (rather like buying a ZX81 for my son)... have earned my living from when i left skool to now (aged 68) within the electronics/computer industry... so in my case buyers age would be 68, users age 13 (if i ever let him have it... to much fun for me at the moment! )
by samuelt619 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:32 pm
Being raised on overpowered, clunky, expensive, closed, boring computers, this 19 year old is quite excited to be able to play with something worth playing with for a change! The device could be used by people of all ages as it has a bit to offer specifically to each age group. (Depending on your field of study, of course)
What would you accomplish today if you weren't afraid?
by mindmasta » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:26 pm
I am no longer in my twenties but the Pi makes me feel like a little kid playing w/ his cool new toy.

I don't currently know any 13 year-olds that could manage the Pi by themselves, but I think that is one of the reasons why it was created to begin with -- enhancing education for youngsters at a cheap price-point.