Bluetooth for Squeezeplug & Squeezelite

32 posts   Page 2 of 2   1, 2
by castalla » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:53 pm
Finally got this working by inserting sleep commands - see viewtopic.php?p=278487#p278487
by mba » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:41 am
Ok, that sounds great.
Does it autopair again or are you still struggling with that part? What about kernel oops' when turning off the BT speaker? Can you turn it on and off lets say 10 times and it keeps coming online?
AMOTE - a LIRC client for Android. Build your own Android-based universal remote. Get it on Google Play! Visit www.datscharf.dk/amote
by castalla » Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:08 pm
No problems with on/off - no crashes.

The cheap bt speaker just won't autopair - I have to bluez-test-audio connect <address> every time. The logitech speaker autopairs.

I can't figure out where to put the script to run when the Pi boots - doesn't work calling it in rc.local
by castalla » Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:57 pm
Damn and blast!

It's all fallen apart again - switch off and bam! network error after about 15 seconds .... ggggrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

Back to a simple cable, I think!
by drgeoff » Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:59 pm
castalla wrote:Damn and blast!

It's all fallen apart again - switch off and bam! network error after about 15 seconds .... ggggrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

Back to a simple cable, I think!

Temper, temper!
by castalla » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:12 am
There's something rotten in the state of bluetooth.

Conceptronic dongle + cheap bt speaker - connects but won't autopair - allows on/off
Conceptronic dongle + logitech speaker - refuses to pair with Authorization Failure

Cheap dongle + cheap speaker - connects, won't autopair - network crash when off
Cheap dongle + logitech speaker - connects, autopairs - crash when off

Same outcome on Pi and Cubieboard .... ?????? :shock: :shock: :shock:
by castalla » Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:20 pm
FINALLY ..... after weeks of googling, posting questions on numerous forums, helpful replies from many users, I now have a solution to my bluetooth problems.

I used a second dongle (Conceptronic - Broadcomm) which resolutely refused to pair with my Logitech speaker - always reported Authorization Failed on any pairing attempt (even though a slew of files were created in /var/lib/bluetooth for the adapter).

I must have tried every possible tip & configuration I came across on the interweb without success, UNTIL I came across this post from a Gentoo forum: http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-72 ... d1#7238936

Solution! BT speaker now connects and disconnects without problem and without the network crash I experienced with the Topdigi adapter I tried when I first embarked on this odyssey!.

Maybe this might help any others struggling with bluetooth audio.

edit: thank goodness an overzealous mod didn't delete the post because it was a recent reply to an old thread!!!