Touchscreen XBMC Tablet Rpi Issue

12 posts
by chromebookbob » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:19 am
I have just received a chalkboard electronics 10" touchscreen for my Rpi, it works with debian well and the screen looks very nice, however when Rasbmc is booted I have had an issue with touch input. There are no drivers needed for Rasbian so in principle it should work on Rasbmc. My touch is recognised but not registered as a touch, it does not track the cursor or click. Any ideas would be appreciated. :)
Visit my Pi powered Tekkit Lite Minecraft Server: picraft.no-ip.biz:25565 (Whitelist, sorry!)
and my website with instructions on it for both vanilla and Tekkit Lite Servers: www.picraftbukkit.webs.com
by Wizard » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:43 am
Have a look at this thread: viewtopic.php?f=64&t=19394

If I remember correctly it describes how I got my screen to work with touch events in a better fashion.
Also, xbmc is not designed to work with touch-screens swipe motions, it's designed to work with remotes and keyboards AFAIK.
Raspberry Pi - finally a worthy replacement for A500!!!
by chromebookbob » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:47 am
I have discovered that the area of the touchscreen available to touch is just a corner, this may be due to the fact that at startup raspbmc is a different resolution and it changes?
Visit my Pi powered Tekkit Lite Minecraft Server: picraft.no-ip.biz:25565 (Whitelist, sorry!)
and my website with instructions on it for both vanilla and Tekkit Lite Servers: www.picraftbukkit.webs.com
by chromebookbob » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:13 am
I had already followed the instructions to put the edid.dat file in and the config.txt changes, but these do not alter my problem.
by brandumb » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:42 pm
chromebookbob wrote:I had already followed the instructions to put the edid.dat file in and the config.txt changes, but these do not alter my problem.

Have you had any luck? I'm having the same issue with the 7" chalkboard touch screen. The picture shows up just fine, but I can't use touch at all. Maybe it's because I installed a pre-compiled XBMC?

I've also had some trouble configuring the screen and there are areas where touch doesn't work even in Raspbian.
by thallian » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:55 pm
same problem here with the 10'' from Chalk-Electronics. Raspbian works good but as soon as I start xbmx or boot raspbmc it stops working Just in the upper left corner it sometimes shows a flickering cursor when I touch it.
AFAIK xbmc runs in the framebuffer and not in X, may that be a problem? (I just have no idea how to solve this problem)
by ajoburg » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:20 am
Has anyone had any luck with this?

I've had similar challenges with the touchscreen on my Acer T232HL (a somewhat new multitouch monitor). I've tried with Raspbmc, OpenELEC and Xbian and none of them work out the box. The monitor works fine, but the touchscreen doesn't work at all. That said, it does show up in "/proc/bus/input/devices" and it seems to list the correct device. Do I need to recompile the kernel with the following setting change?

CONFIG_INPUT_TOUCHSCREEN=y

Any suggestions on the best way to get this working would be hugely appreciated.
by martk20 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:23 am
I to have 10 inch display from Chalkboard Electronics with touchscreen. Like other people. When I use xbmc the touchscreen only works in the top left hand corner of the screen. Has anyone found a solution to this? I found this when googling http://forum.stmlabs.com/showthread.php?tid=564&page=3 It relates to eGalax touch screens would this work on the N-Trig device that my touchscreen is seen as? . Also on a slightly different topic. I use Easystroke on my setup. It is a gesture recognition program. It needs a gesture button to work correctly. When I remove my kb and mouse how do I tell my setup that iI am making a gesture and not scrolling or pressing an icon to start or select something. I could I suppose connect one to the gpio but I am not sure how to make this emulate a keyboard key.
by bboyandru » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:36 pm
Hi!

I have found a solution, but it implies some code patching and recompile of XBMC.
I have a tutorial for all:
http://www.engineering-diy.blogspot.ro/ ... lax-7.html
These patches should work with all touch screens not only eGalax or 7 inch.

Regards,
Andrei
http://www.engineering-diy.blogspot.com
by martk20 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:55 pm
Thanks bboyandru,
I am attempting to implement your solution to xbmc touchscreen problem. However when I try to apply your patches I find I have no /xbmc/input directory or even any .cpp files in the unpacked archive. The archive was obtained from the source you recommend. It appears to be source code. Do I apply the patches after compilation?
Regards
M.Knowles
by martk20 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:15 pm
Please ignore my previous post regarding patching xbmc to enable touchscreen support.I was being stupid. I have now found the files and patched them successfully.
Regards
M. Knowles
by ph87 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:58 am
so have you get it working? Which Distro of XBMC do you use?

Is here someone who has got XBMC with working Touchscreen?