SD card not initializing

9 posts
by NJPalmer » Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:11 pm
Whenever I try and boot my raspberry pi, it says:
mmc0: error -110 whilst initialising SD card

I have already tried different power sources and putting different OS on the card.
I am not sure if this is the stuff I have to do but I am at a loss. I have also checked online and found that some people were having a problem with the raspberry pi saying: -84 whilst initialising SD card and I tried those solutions but they did not work.

So what does this mean and how can I fix it?
by albatros » Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:13 pm
Hi,

have a look here http://elinux.org/RPi_SD_cards and another card could be a solution.

hth

albatros
by Jim JKla » Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:19 pm
We need detail what is the spec of the card and which image are you using. ;)
Noob is not derogatory the noob is just the lower end of the noob--geek spectrum being a noob is just your first step towards being an uber-geek ;)

If you find a solution please post it in the wiki the forum dies too quick
by NJPalmer » Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:40 pm
I am using a 4GB class 4 Dane-Elec SD card. I have tried both the Raspbian img and the Debian img.
by pluggy » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:04 pm
The next logical step would be to try another SD card.
Don't judge Linux by the Pi.......
by WhatTheDickens » Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:05 pm
Have you found a solution to this problem? I posted about the same problem on 29 December here:

viewtopic.php?t=27470

The response from the RPi community: Silence.
by Jim JKla » Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:33 pm
It's not silence it's just your post has been lost in a fast moving crowd of other posts I've bumped it so let's see if we can get you some answers. ;)

Both of you ;)
Noob is not derogatory the noob is just the lower end of the noob--geek spectrum being a noob is just your first step towards being an uber-geek ;)

If you find a solution please post it in the wiki the forum dies too quick
by NJPalmer » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:44 am
Sorry about the silence I have been pretty busy and not able to go up and pick and SD card. I am trying that within the next few days and I will seen if it works.

edit: I also just looked at that forum post when you fixed the problem. I looked at my raspberry pi and the SD card springs and they all seem to be fine.
by WhatTheDickens » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:12 am
Hey, no need to apologize. It was the silence of people who really know their way around this stuff that was getting me down. I'm glad a few of them have made some suggestions now.

Still, the problem isn't fixed. I posted the photo to show that springs in the SD-card socket look good, so they don't seem to be the source of the problem. I suppose I could have a bad card.

Anyway, post again here if you get yours to work. I'll do the same on my thread if I have any success.