Bluetooth connect

5 posts
by uncrocks » Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:25 pm
I have my pi set up as an a2dp receiver for streaming music from my phone. When I turn on the pi, i have to manually connect my phone then loopback the audio to play through a USB soundcard. To connect, I've just been using blueman, which works like a charm, but I'd like to run a script to auto-connect and loopback when the pi powers on. I can handle the script part, it's the actual command to connect that's getting me. Whenever I try to run hcitool cc XX_XX_XX_XX_XX_XX I get an input/output error. What is the correct syntax/command to connect via the a2dp profile?

Note: If I could set it up to initiate the connection from my phone that would be great too, I tried enabling autoconnect in /etc/bluetooth/audio.conf, but to no avail.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
by uncrocks » Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:36 pm
Also I realize I mistyped the BT address, but even when I type it as XX:XX:XX:XX:XX it still won't work. It just waits a second and goes back to command line with no response.
by jamiesk » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:55 am
Has the phone been paired from the Pi?

I use BT to connect to my solar invertor. The first part of the script checks that I can "ping" the invertor, as I've seen it not connect properly and its the Pi.

Could you use this to re-initialise the connection to the phone instead of my reboot?

Code: Select all
#!/bin/bash
# A check script ot see if the blue tooth has fallen over
/usr/bin/l2ping 00:12:12:12:12:12 -c 5  > /tmp/check
RESULT=$?
if [ $RESULT = 0 ];
 then
  echo OK > /dev/null
 else
  echo "Going for a reboot, no Bluetooth ping"  | logger -t root -p local5.info
   mail -s "Bluetooth down"  keith@email.co.uk < /home/pi/email
  sleep 10
  /sbin/reboot
fi
Pi1 (Nov 2012 loft)= 1KW immersion controller for Solar panel
Pi2 (Jan 2013 living room)=Play thing
Pi3 (Feb 2013 mobile)= Play thing with Tandy Ladder board,breakout board,Nokia display
http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=28193
by uncrocks » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:30 pm
jamiesk wrote:Has the phone been paired from the Pi?

I use BT to connect to my solar invertor. The first part of the script checks that I can "ping" the invertor, as I've seen it not connect properly and its the Pi.

Could you use this to re-initialise the connection to the phone instead of my reboot?

My issue is finding the command to actually connect via a2dp, because using a gui, i can connect and stream audio no problem, but I just can't locate the command to connect automatically.
The pi and my phone are paired and the phone is marked as 'trusted' on the pi.

P.S. My half-British side couldn't help but notice the way you spelled initialize :P.
by jamiesk » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:07 pm
uncrocks wrote:My issue is finding the command to actually connect via a2dp, because using a gui, i can connect and stream audio no problem, but I just can't locate the command to connect automatically.
The pi and my phone are paired and the phone is marked as 'trusted' on the pi.

Sorry, I have been using the CLI. I just saw the Pi GUI for the first time yesterday!!!

uncrocks wrote:P.S. My half-British side couldn't help but notice the way you spelled initialize :P.
lol :D

Good luck.
Pi1 (Nov 2012 loft)= 1KW immersion controller for Solar panel
Pi2 (Jan 2013 living room)=Play thing
Pi3 (Feb 2013 mobile)= Play thing with Tandy Ladder board,breakout board,Nokia display
http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=28193