SqueezePlug Version 6 available

542 posts   Page 15 of 22   1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 22
by CommanderROR » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:14 pm
Hi,

I had the problem with LMS going to 85 and more % CPU.
I managed to fix it by updating to the latest LMS nightly.
I also did an RPI Update and a full system upgrade (apt-get).
by tlipur » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:17 am
truehl i connected the wifi adapter to my powered usb hub and have not had any problems. Library actually scanned entirely with out a hitch and i have yet lost connection..

its weird man i have the same exact wifi dongles and im using the other one for openelec and its connected to that pi. it runs 24\7 no problem..
by uluru » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:23 am
Hi,
I appreciate the great work of squeezeplug.
First of all I want to share my experience about LMS going to 90% cpu.
I realized it was the ext4 filesystem getting corrupted on shutdown (sudo shutdown now or sudo halt). Probably it was due to the fact that I overclocked it to 800mhz (the most conservative overclock, btw).

I pulled the SD from the pi and ran fsck of the pi root partition from another linux box, fsck.ext4 -fc /dev/sdc2
with c option you force a full filesystem check, that always fixed the filesystem.

Pulling the SD back on the PI, the LMS always worked with usual cpu usage (~15%).

I then disabled overclocking and ran a full distro upgrade, now LMS runs well on the PI.

@truehl: I'm looking into a way to force a fsck -fc on every reboot? I narrowed down the init script that runs when you use touch /forcefsck but so far no ideas how to change it without breaking it.
Given that squeezeplug is intended to use as an always on server, it would always be safe to fsck all mounted devices (and root partition) on boot. IMHO is better to spend few minutes of fsck on a boot than getting filesystem corruption later.

---
Then my question for you:
I have the need to run a couple applications that require GUI environment. I tried to install squeezeplug from a fresh installed raspbian but it disables X on boot.

How can I have squeezeplug work as intended together with x start at every boot? After all I believe I can run setup either from a ssh session or from a terminal inside X.

Thank you
by CommanderROR » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:39 pm
My Pi is running medium overclock, and I have no trouble with corruption...this LMs problem is probably related to some changes in the newest debian images...

Update to latest LMS nightly and get the newest Firmware, do a full apt-get update and upgrade and it should work just fine.
by trondis23 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:51 am
Perfect! There is no need to develop this program any further, since it already works without problems. But I didn't realize that until recently.

I am controlling SqueezePlug from an Android phone. I had been using the official LMS app or Squeezer. The official app had problems finding the SqueezeLite player, and Squeezer was a bit slow, plus had limited features. Then I tried most of the other apps available from Play store. And there was one that worked perfectly: Squeeze Commander. It is a paid app, but definitely worth it. It is fast and can control all the features of SqueezePlug.

What impressed me the most, however, is the way the SqueezePlug/Squeeze Commander combo handles WiMP. I have been reluctant to using WiMP and other streaming services. Using WiMP on a desktop PC means that I need to have that noisy PC on. SqueezePlug is totally silent (I use a NAS stored in a closet for my own files). The WiMP desktop player also doesn't support gapless playback - and neither does the Android app. But SqueezeLite does! So silent and gapless makes it perfect for me.

Donation.
by oren29at » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:19 am
Hello,

I am at the final stages of configuring the Squeezeplug in order to listen to my music played from an external hard drive to my home system in my house. Things went well so far, with only one disadvantage: the sound quality via the Raspberry Pi audio jack was not very good.

I decided to buy and use the Creative Soundblaster Play usb card, but after plugging it and re-installing the SqueezeLite player, I didn't get any sound coming from it. After a thorough research using Google, I came across this post, and to the solution described near the end of page 10- to modify the /etc/default/squeezelite file and change the SLOPTIONS property to SLOPTIONS="-n SqueezeLite -o front:CARD=U0x41e0x30d3,DEV=0 " .

Unfortunately, I still don't get any sound coming out of my receiver and speakers. I tried looking at other configuration files, and found out that my soundcard is indeed the default card, but other than that I have no idea what to do and how to solve this issue.

I appreciate any ideas and/or assistance I can get from this forum and members.

many thanx,

Oren
by castalla » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:38 am
At the command line in terminal: type

aplay -l

and then

aplay -L

Copy the output and post here.
by oren29at » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:24 am
Hi

aplay -l:

root@(none):~# aplay -l
**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: U0x41e0x30d3 [USB Device 0x41e:0x30d3], device 0: USB Audio [USB Audio]
Subdevices: 1/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 1: ALSA [bcm2835 ALSA], device 0: bcm2835 ALSA [bcm2835 ALSA]
Subdevices: 8/8
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
Subdevice #1: subdevice #1
Subdevice #2: subdevice #2
Subdevice #3: subdevice #3
Subdevice #4: subdevice #4
Subdevice #5: subdevice #5
Subdevice #6: subdevice #6
Subdevice #7: subdevice #7

aplay -L :

null
Discard all samples (playback) or generate zero samples (capture)
pulse
PulseAudio Sound Server
sysdefault:CARD=U0x41e0x30d3
USB Device 0x41e:0x30d3, USB Audio
Default Audio Device
front:CARD=U0x41e0x30d3,DEV=0
Front speakers
surround40:CARD=U0x41e0x30d3,DEV=0
4.0 Surround output to Front and Rear speakers
surround41:CARD=U0x41e0x30d3,DEV=0
4.1 Surround output to Front, Rear and Subwoofer speakers
surround50:CARD=U0x41e0x30d3,DEV=0
5.0 Surround output to Front, Center and Rear speakers
surround51:CARD=U0x41e0x30d3,DEV=0
5.1 Surround output to Front, Center, Rear and Subwoofer speakers
surround71:CARD=U0x41e0x30d3,DEV=0
7.1 Surround output to Front, Center, Side, Rear and Woofer speakers
iec958:CARD=U0x41e0x30d3,DEV=0
IEC958 (S/PDIF) Digital Audio Output
sysdefault:CARD=ALSA
bcm2835 ALSA, bcm2835 ALSA
Default Audio Device
by truehl » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:38 am
Hi Folks,

I’m happy to present you my newest video, showing you the complete process of building a SqueezePlug Server Version 6 out of your Rapspberry Pi. Watch this video and you will be able to make your Raspberry Pi a powerful platform for various Media-Servers and players with DLNA compatibility. The video will also show you how to install SqueezeLite, a very nice Player for SqueezeBox.

Attention: This Video Tutorial is now available in English and in German language.

Here the link to Youtube:
English Version:
http://youtu.be/wIlj_4mFQwg

German Version:
http://youtu.be/F6J1Ml_Fhho

Have fun!

Thomas
truehl
http://www.squeezeplug.de
by castalla » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:07 am
Strange - the output looks okay.

Can you plug headphones into the card to see if your receiver isn't at fault?

Also, you can setup the audio device within squeezeplug setup - try that route.
by uluru » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:48 pm
truehl wrote:Hi Folks,

I’m happy to present you my newest video, showing you the complete process of building a SqueezePlug Server Version 6 out of your Rapspberry Pi. Watch this video and you will be able to make your Raspberry Pi a powerful platform for various Media-Servers and players with DLNA compatibility. The video will also show you how to install SqueezeLite, a very nice Player for SqueezeBox.

Attention: This Video Tutorial is now available in English and in German language.

Here the link to Youtube:
English Version:
http://youtu.be/wIlj_4mFQwg

German Version:
http://youtu.be/F6J1Ml_Fhho

Have fun!

Thomas

Thank you Thomas for the english video, I'm watching it right now.
I posted a question for you few days ago in this thread:
I have the need to run a couple applications that require GUI environment. I tried to install squeezeplug from a fresh installed raspbian but it disables X on boot.

How can I have squeezeplug work as intended together with x start at every boot? After all I believe I can run setup either from a ssh session or from a terminal inside X.

Thank you

Can you please tell me if it's feasible? I can support you in dong this as I'm fairly proficient with shell scripting.

thank you again
by mkkyah » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:44 pm
@oren29at

Hi, I have 2 of that usb dacs working. Your configuration seems ok. The only difference between our "aplay -l" lists is your "Subdevices: 1/1" against my "Subdevices: 0/1". (I actually don't know the meaning, the cause and if it matters. Others can say that.)
It's working very straightforward, install Squeezelite, add that line and reboot, don't forget to plug your dac before reboot.
Check hardware, use a headphone, be sure you are not connecting to mic input.
by truehl » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:33 am
uluru wrote:I have the need to run a couple applications that require GUI environment. I tried to install squeezeplug from a fresh installed raspbian but it disables X on boot.

Thank you

If you use the actual Squeezeplug image, it's a full Raspbian with x installed, so you have all you need!
truehl
by uluru » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:00 pm
truehl wrote:
uluru wrote:I have the need to run a couple applications that require GUI environment. I tried to install squeezeplug from a fresh installed raspbian but it disables X on boot.

Thank you

If you use the actual Squeezeplug image, it's a full Raspbian with x installed, so you have all you need!

yep, but given it's an headless server, I needed to start X at boot. I found this way: http://elinux.org/RPi_Debian_Auto_Login even if the /etc/inittab file had the following entry (I guess changed by you):
Code: Select all
1:2345:respawn:/sbin/getty --noclear 38400 tty1

instead of the one written in the tutorial I linked:
1:2345:respawn:/sbin/getty 115200 tty1

but I guess isn't a big deal, is it?

I'm experimenting a bit with the GPU ram allocation settings to find the best performace as pi headless server.

Thank you :)
by AlPanPan » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:39 pm
Sorry if I am hijacking a thread, I just can't find where to ask Thomas a question about Squeezeplug.
I have my Pi up and running as a Squeezelite player, thanks to Squeezeplug the process was a breeze, sound is good, I am a happy camper.

I have been using a wired connection and would like to use wifi instead. I bought the Edimax wifi dongle recommended by many. It is recognized but I have not been able to configure the WLAN connection with the setup interface in Squeezeplug. There does not seem to be an option for an open wifi network (the dialogs ask for SSID, then password, I tried OK without entering a password, activated the connection (both LAN and WLAN, if I did not keep the LAN alive I could not connect)...but upon reboot it does not work. I did try some manual changes but things get quickly complicated with wpa_supplicant and what have you, I was too afraid of wrecking my working install. I should have started by saying that I know nothing about linux and command lines (sorry).

An easy way to fix this?
by SoundSunPleasure » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:34 am
AlPanPan wrote:Sorry if I am hijacking a thread, I just can't find where to ask Thomas a question about Squeezeplug.
I have my Pi up and running as a Squeezelite player, thanks to Squeezeplug the process was a breeze, sound is good, I am a happy camper.

I have been using a wired connection and would like to use wifi instead. I bought the Edimax wifi dongle recommended by many. It is recognized but I have not been able to configure the WLAN connection with the setup interface in Squeezeplug. There does not seem to be an option for an open wifi network (the dialogs ask for SSID, then password, I tried OK without entering a password, activated the connection (both LAN and WLAN, if I did not keep the LAN alive I could not connect)...but upon reboot it does not work. I did try some manual changes but things get quickly complicated with wpa_supplicant and what have you, I was too afraid of wrecking my working install. I should have started by saying that I know nothing about linux and command lines (sorry).

An easy way to fix this?

I followed these directions and it worked:
http://antael.blogspot.com/2013/01/wifi ... cking.html

Also, Thomas posted this on the previous page:
viewtopic.php?p=292010#p292010
by AlPanPan » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:03 pm
Thank you. I had found the instructions in antael blog; but again it's for WPA secured wifi. I decided to avoid messing around with the command line given that I have no clue what I am doing.
wicd sems promising, will try that unless somebody posts a miracle cure.
Thx again
by MrLindblom » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:36 am
Have a small idea!
Would it be possible to use the Gpio pins to turn on and turn off airplay Squeezelite for example?
My wife can not manage to turn off the squeezebox player before she is using Airplay.
Intend to build a small box with a small amplifier and a pair of switches on the front. I am a newbie to Linux. Thanx for a great product. :)
by Scottish_Dave » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:29 pm
MrLindblom wrote:Have a small idea!
Would it be possible to use the Gpio pins to turn on and turn off airplay Squeezelite for example?
My wife can not manage to turn off the squeezebox player before she is using Airplay.
Intend to build a small box with a small amplifier and a pair of switches on the front. I am a newbie to Linux. Thanx for a great product. :)

I had the same problem. I just wired up a couple of momentary switches and used a very simple script I bodged together....

#!/usr/bin/env python

from time import sleep
import os
import RPi.GPIO as GPIO

GPIO.setmode(GPIO.BCM)
GPIO.setup(23, GPIO.IN)
GPIO.setup(24, GPIO.IN)

while True:
        if ( GPIO.input(23) == False ):
                os.system('sudo /etc/init.d/squeezeslave stop &')
   if ( GPIO.input(24) == False ):
                os.system('sudo /etc/init.d/squeezeslave start &')
        sleep(30);
by Lionbean » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:57 pm
As i also was not satisfied with the audio quality of the headphone jack, i decidet to buy the USB DAC wich was suggested by truehl.

Now i have the following problem: If i test the DAC over the test funktion directly in the setup of squeezeplug, everythin is fine and i hear sound (original headphone jack quiet).

But if i play music over squeezlite, i still hear music only over the orignial headphone jack of the raspie.
What can i do to force squeezelite to play over the DAC??

Thanks,
lionbean
by drgeoff » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:16 pm
Lionbean wrote:As i also was not satisfied with the audio quality of the headphone jack, i decidet to buy the USB DAC wich was suggested by truehl.

Now i have the following problem: If i test the DAC over the test funktion directly in the setup of squeezeplug, everythin is fine and i hear sound (original headphone jack quiet).

But if i play music over squeezlite, i still hear music only over the orignial headphone jack of the raspie.

Thanks,
lionbean

See viewtopic.php?p=216539#p216539 and in particular search that post for 'I use a USB soundcard, so I had to tell squeezelite which sound device to use.'
by truehl » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:16 pm
Lionbean wrote:As i also was not satisfied with the audio quality of the headphone jack, i decidet to buy the USB DAC wich was suggested by truehl.

Thanks,
lionbean

What DAC?
truehl
by Lionbean » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:34 pm
Hi truehl, the one that you suggested as Christmas gift
:-)
by SoundSunPleasure » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:30 am
Can anybody tell me why I'm suddenly getting this when trying to access Logitech Media Server?

GET %2F HTTP%2F1.1
Host%3A 192.168.0.23%3A9090
Connection%3A keep-alive
Accept%3A text%2Fhtml%2Capplication%2Fxhtml%2Bxml%2Capplication%2Fxml%3Bq%3D0.9%2C*%2F*%3Bq%3D0.8
User-Agent%3A Mozilla%2F5.0 (Windows NT 6.1%3B WOW64) AppleWebKit%2F537.22 (KHTML%2C like Gecko) Chrome%2F25.0.1364.97 Safari%2F537.22
Accept-Encoding%3A gzip%2Cdeflate%2Csdch
Accept-Language%3A en-US%2Cen%3Bq%3D0.8
Accept-Charset%3A ISO-8859-1%2Cutf-8%3Bq%3D0.7%2C*%3Bq%3D0.3
Cookie%3A ACEGI_SECURITY_HASHED_REMEMBER_ME_COOKIE%3DYWRtaW46MTM5MjAxMjY0MzU2MjpjMTQzMjg2YTM3OTVjNTYzZjVhNTBlMTQ4MGE2OTRjZA%3D%3D%3B player-61646d696e%3D1%3B Squeezebox-advancedsettings%3Dplugins%2FAudioScrobbler%2Fsettings%2Fbasic.html%3F%3B Squeezebox-playersettings%3Dplugins%2FAudioScrobbler%2Fsettings%2Fplayer.html%3F%3B Squeezebox-expanded-MY_MUSIC%3D1%3B Squeezebox-expanded-RADIO%3D0%3B Squeezebox-expanded-PLUGIN_MY_APPS_MODULE_NAME%3D0%3B Squeezebox-expanded-FAVORITES%3D1%3B Squeezebox-expanded-PLUGINS%3D0%3B Squeezebox-expandPlayerControl%3Dtrue%3B Squeezebox-player%3D00%3A27%3Aeb%3A8f%3A81%3A21
by drgeoff » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:26 pm
SoundSunPleasure wrote:Can anybody tell me why I'm suddenly getting this when trying to access Logitech Media Server?

GET %2F HTTP%2F1.1
Host%3A 192.168.0.23%3A9090
Connection%3A keep-alive
Accept%3A text%2Fhtml%2Capplication%2Fxhtml%2Bxml%2Capplication%2Fxml%3Bq%3D0.9%2C*%2F*%3Bq%3D0.8
User-Agent%3A Mozilla%2F5.0 (Windows NT 6.1%3B WOW64) AppleWebKit%2F537.22 (KHTML%2C like Gecko) Chrome%2F25.0.1364.97 Safari%2F537.22
Accept-Encoding%3A gzip%2Cdeflate%2Csdch
Accept-Language%3A en-US%2Cen%3Bq%3D0.8
Accept-Charset%3A ISO-8859-1%2Cutf-8%3Bq%3D0.7%2C*%3Bq%3D0.3
Cookie%3A ACEGI_SECURITY_HASHED_REMEMBER_ME_COOKIE%3DYWRtaW46MTM5MjAxMjY0MzU2MjpjMTQzMjg2YTM3OTVjNTYzZjVhNTBlMTQ4MGE2OTRjZA%3D%3D%3B player-61646d696e%3D1%3B Squeezebox-advancedsettings%3Dplugins%2FAudioScrobbler%2Fsettings%2Fbasic.html%3F%3B Squeezebox-playersettings%3Dplugins%2FAudioScrobbler%2Fsettings%2Fplayer.html%3F%3B Squeezebox-expanded-MY_MUSIC%3D1%3B Squeezebox-expanded-RADIO%3D0%3B Squeezebox-expanded-PLUGIN_MY_APPS_MODULE_NAME%3D0%3B Squeezebox-expanded-FAVORITES%3D1%3B Squeezebox-expanded-PLUGINS%3D0%3B Squeezebox-expandPlayerControl%3Dtrue%3B Squeezebox-player%3D00%3A27%3Aeb%3A8f%3A81%3A21

Accessing how? The LMS web server defaults to port 9000. You are accessing port 9090.