Controlling TV and tuner with Raspberry PI - CEC maybe?

3 posts
by Raginglynx » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:32 am
Hi,

I've recently bought my first PI - YES! And 2 more on the way.
I have ambitions to set up every room in our new built house with 1 Raspberry Pi each controlling
music and/or video through XBMC. So maybe I'll end up with 10 :D

On the first one I downloaded Raspbmc on the sd-card. I have it connected to my Samsung smart tv.
Immediately I started sharing over SMB and could watch movies and other stuff from my macbook.
The idea is to build a sharing server or an own NAS in a media central later on.

Anyhow, I realised pretty soon that I could control the raspberry with my samsung remote through CEC, which is cool. Then there is CEC-function in the Raspberry Pi. (I've also read lots on it in the forums today :))
But my ambition is to control all the Pi's with iOS and Android devices - maybe through xbmc official remote, which seems to work ok.

But I want to let go of all the TV-remotes as well.
Now to the question of this story maybe too long to read through..

HAVE ANYONE MANAGED TO CONTROL THEIR TV IN THE FOLLOWING WAYS WITH XMBC REMOTE APP AND WITH THE RASPBERRY PI:

TURN ON/OFF TV
SWITCH BETWEEN TUNERS AND INPUTS ON TV
CHANGING CHANNEL
VOLUME CONTROL

If someone has managed to do this or believe it to be possible in some way, either through HDMI-CEC/ethernet or any other way, please let me know :)

I have basic programming skills and are not afraid to dig deeper into that world if it means I need to to be able to fulfil the above wishes ;)

By the way, Raspberry Pi is remarkable!
by frankdyring » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:48 pm
I've also searched a lot around for an answer to this. Everyone is talking about controlling the Pi's XBMC with the TV remote, but haven't found a solution for this.

Are you any further with this? I'll keep the thread updated if / when I find anything.

My goal is to be able to control everything possible in my home with my iPhone using the Pi (with webserver) as main unit. Should be possible to both control TV via HDMI and to control any IR remoted device with just sending the right codes.
by SneurFleur » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:10 pm
Any progress with this?