Raspberroids Low Fps

Moderators: Pankoi, DrPiD

6 posts
by Raspiberry » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:10 am
Before replying to this thread, please note that I never hoped for the RPi to be a supercomputer:
I've just received my new SD card (class 10, 16gb), and loaded Rasbian and everything works perfectly.
However, I loaded the Pi Store and installed Raspberroids. My fps in the game is only a mere 3-4 fps. The picture in the the store displays one of the coders getting 60 fps...

On another note, how do you remove an application? I press delete but it simply "hides" it.
If only my school used the Raspberry Pi...
by ryanteck » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:01 pm
I have to say I know this is an issue but have not been able to fully test it out on the 512MB Pi myself (Until Christmas).

I have experimented with it a little but have only been able to squeeze about 1 more FPS out of it.
I think it has pointed out a lot on what we need to look at for RasPiThon 2013.

I found that even some computers struggled at it (Running at around 30FPS Makes it lag)
Ryan Walmsley
17 Year Old Student & Geek
by Raspiberry » Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:27 am
Can the game be run through the CLI like Iridium Rising?
If only my school used the Raspberry Pi...
by ryanteck » Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:02 am
I found running it via CLI i did not improve performance.

Unfortunately testing on the 512MB Pi has been delayed due to my new one being broken :(
Ryan Walmsley
17 Year Old Student & Geek
by winkleink » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:14 pm
I donwloaded Raspberroids yesterday and it was slow for me as well.
I didn't look at the framerate but i did compare it to the Youtube video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtdJbunBnEI

My version was a lot slower.

Still impressed this was coded in 48 hours. I mainly downloaded it to view the code and learn how it was put together. New Years Resolution is to learn Python properly. Up until now I've been coding the same as I have done in the 80's which I know means my code is dirty and kludgy.
Twitter:Winkleink
Google+: Winkleink
by emub » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:06 pm
Did you manage to find out what was wrong.

I've just installed the game after getting my new Pi and the game is unplayable. Averaging about 5fps :(