RS and Allied Update #6

325 posts   Page 2 of 13   1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13
by Yacine » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:13 am
I am too eager to get my Rpi. It is supposed to be sent according to the estimates of RS since my order number is 1010214XXX. I hope to find it in my mailbox today even if I have not received their email for the despatch. I'm based in France, Paris. I read in the forum that many have received it without "despatch" email.
I ordered mine on 4th December, and it was expected to be sent within 3 weeks. In their FAQ, RS estimations are as below :

Shipping between Last order number shipped*
10th – 16th December 1010211000
17th – 23rd December 1010246000

Since my order number is 1010214XXX, it's supposed to be gone in the worst case yesterday ... i'm so pissed ...
http://www.shadowblog.fr/ <= Blog pour ceux qui débutent avec le Raspberry Pi
by scorpion_tr » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:43 am
I've just got my Pi. I ordered 17 Dec (order number 1010218xxx). It was shipped at 19 Dec and send with DHL Worldwide Express to Turkey. BTW I didn't receive any dispatch e-mail.
by Gallium » Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:42 am
scorpion_tr wrote:I've just got my Pi. I ordered 17 Dec (order number 1010218xxx). It was shipped at 19 Dec and send with DHL Worldwide Express to Turkey. BTW I didn't receive any dispatch e-mail.

Wouldn't that mean that you got the dispatch e-mail from DHL?
by Vic@RS » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:27 pm
Hi everyone,

Just to reinforce that we have dispatched out all orders. However, we understand that the postal service is extremely busy over the Christmas period and may be causing some delays.

We hope that as many of you as possible receive your Pi's today in time for Christmas.

Any queries please contact the raspberry pi customer service team on:
[url][/url]raspberrypi@rswww.com[url][/url]

Many Thanks,

Vic
by svennd » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:13 pm
Vic@RS wrote:Hi everyone,

Just to reinforce that we have dispatched out all orders. However, we understand that the postal service is extremely busy over the Christmas period and may be causing some delays.

We hope that as many of you as possible receive your Pi's today in time for Christmas.

Many Thanks,

Vic

Weird, you would think same country same postal type, same delivery date ? no answer on that e-mail adres.
by Yacine » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:49 pm

Many Thanks,

Vic

Well, if all are sent, mine is supposed to be delivered today. I hope it will be so.
Your customer service team has not responded to any of my emails
by zaku2012 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:42 pm

Many Thanks,

Vic

Email have been sent last week but no response so far.
by jamesh » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:47 pm
RS would have had many 10's of thousands of emails over the last few months because of the backlog, it's not surprising they don't have time to personally answer all of them.

Remember over the last 10 months, RS/Farnell have sold about 375k Raspi's EACH. 1250 a day! Given many of those will have been wondering where their Raspi's are, and have quite possibly emailed (maybe more than once), I think you can see where the problem lies. You would need a lot of staff to deal with that volume of email, and the profit margin on the Rapsi is not enough to cover the size of team required. It's not good saying "Get more staff" if you don't have the money to pay them. It's a tradeoff. You get a really cheap computer board because of it.
by Yacine » Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:19 pm
I think i gonna hate for you for life plus some days RS ...
by Gerrelt » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:01 pm
Today I received my order.

Order date: 5 november
Order number: 1010203***
Invoice date on package: 11 december
Received (today): 24 december

No dispatch mail recieved.
It was sent through german post to the Netherlands (where I live). In the Netherlands delivered by "Selekt vracht".

The order: 2 Raspberries model B + 3 cases :

As you can see the raspberries come in nice pink boxes. I wonder why these boxes weren't built so they will be cases also... There's even clips inside to hold the raspberry nicely.

The cases are very nice, made by http://www.oneninedesign.co.uk.
The raspberries have "made in china" on them, and they work without problems.

One tip for RS: If you're out of stock, or running out of stock: stop selling the product!!
Just tell the customers you can't sell them due to this. That would give you way less image damage then you have now.

This delivery time is outrageous in these modern times.

But I am glad I got them just before christmas. :)
my Raspberry Pi page: http://raspberry.gerrelt.nl
by svennd » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:31 pm
jamesh wrote:RS would have had many 10's of thousands of emails over the last few months because of the backlog, it's not surprising they don't have time to personally answer all of them.

Remember over the last 10 months, RS/Farnell have sold about 375k Raspi's EACH. 1250 a day! Given many of those will have been wondering where their Raspi's are, and have quite possibly emailed (maybe more than once), I think you can see where the problem lies. You would need a lot of staff to deal with that volume of email, and the profit margin on the Rapsi is not enough to cover the size of team required. It's not good saying "Get more staff" if you don't have the money to pay them. It's a tradeoff. You get a really cheap computer board because of it.

Totally made sence, though, if you sell 1k and have 100 to sell, you gone get 900 angry clients, and the day after that 1.8k. If you sell 100 and sell 100, your having 100 happy clients and a good reputation. Beside, we see element 14 do a lot better job.
by Kole » Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:51 am
My Raspberry Pi arrived today here in Serbia, order number is 1010209271. It's good to see that the things are finally stabilizing on the RS front
by kalehrl » Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:51 pm
Did you pay any import taxes, VAT, DHL handling?
by Kole » Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:11 pm
No, no import taxes, VAT, and no DHL handling (and in fact it wasn't even delivered by what's called DHL here).

It was sent by Deutsche Post and delivered by our local post. The envelope had a "NOT SUBJECT TO CUSTOMS INSPECTION" stamp on it. The postman just left it at the door.

Also no dispatch e-mail.
by sketchman » Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:10 pm
On Oct 26, 2012 I got the following message after waiting months with no word on any progress.
Good afternoon *******,

Thank you for your email,

This is to confirm your order has now been cancelled, please allow up to 14 working days for your refund to be processed.

Kind regards

Raspberry Pi Team

It's now a full 2 months later, I've sent several more emails asking for an explanation, and I still get no response or the simple order cancellation and refund I was promised.

I've left an appropriate review on Yelp.com, and contacted PayPal who are not doing anything about it, as I '....waited too long to act against them.' I'd advise that others do the same, and perhaps the message will be received, and things will change.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/rs-components-bristol
by Yacine » Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:22 pm
I finaly got mine. After Xmas, but i got it, and it's working well.
by randrade » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:46 pm
I ordered my RasPi, model B, with a transparent case, on the 11th of December from RS. Order number 1010216***

According to estimates, it should have shipped long ago. It hasn't!

I live in Portugal, for that matter.

I called RS and they said they couldn't do anything. I sent an email and they reffered me to the shipping estimates (seems to be a standard copy/paste reply to be honest). I tweeted at @RSComponents, and they reffered me to the estimates again. When I said that they should come up with new estimates, they said they would "look into it". What the hell, RS?

Oh, and I've already been billed.
by Gallium » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:10 am
randrade wrote:I ordered my RasPi, model B, with a transparent case, on the 11th of December from RS. Order number 1010216***

According to estimates, it should have shipped long ago. It hasn't!

I live in Portugal, for that matter.

I called RS and they said they couldn't do anything. I sent an email and they reffered me to the shipping estimates (seems to be a standard copy/paste reply to be honest). I tweeted at @RSComponents, and they reffered me to the estimates again. When I said that they should come up with new estimates, they said they would "look into it". What the hell, RS?

Oh, and I've already been billed.

I guess they actually did ship it because they wouldn't have billed you if they didn't. Also, they probably didn't send you a dispatch e-mail.
by Dark-vash » Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:24 am
Hey Randrade, i'm having some troubles with RS too...
Full story here: viewtopic.php?p=243490#p243490

They've sent me the "Shipped" email, but nothing until now and no answers from them!
Oh, and by the way, I was billed as soon as I placed the order, on the 3rd of December with a 2 weeks shipping estimated. so I assume they don't charge when they ship the item.

Anyway, since they didn't answer any of my emails, a claim was opened on Paypal!
by jamesh » Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:40 am
svennd wrote:
jamesh wrote:RS would have had many 10's of thousands of emails over the last few months because of the backlog, it's not surprising they don't have time to personally answer all of them.

Totally made sence, though, if you sell 1k and have 100 to sell, you gone get 900 angry clients, and the day after that 1.8k. If you sell 100 and sell 100, your having 100 happy clients and a good reputation. Beside, we see element 14 do a lot better job.

E14 ordered enough SoC parts, RS underestimate demand. That's the difference between RS and E14.
by Vic@RS » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:18 am
Hi everyone,
Hope you have all had a lovely Christmas!
I'm happy to hear that many of you have now recieved your raspberry pi's and I hope that you are enjoying using them.
For those of you that have posted on the forum chasing the wherabouts of your orders (Sketchman, Randrade and Dark-vash), I have private messaged each of you to send me your full order number, name and email address so that I can look in to this for you.
Many Thanks,
Vic
by buu » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:17 am
Just returned from the Post office and got my shipment with ID 1010196xxx. It was shipped out 11. december to Latvia :)
by randrade » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:03 pm
Hope you have all had a lovely Christmas!
I'm happy to hear that many of you have now recieved your raspberry pi's and I hope that you are enjoying using them.
For those of you that have posted on the forum chasing the wherabouts of your orders (Sketchman, Randrade and Dark-vash), I have private messaged each of you to send me your full order number, name and email address so that I can look in to this for you.
Many Thanks,
Vic

Okay, I replied to your PM.
by CobyD » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:14 pm
Hello,

I am still waiting for my Rasperry Pi as well.
I ordered it on Sunday 11 November and my order reference number is 1010205749.
No dispatch mail received. I sent an email to RS Components and I didn't receive any answer from them.
I would like to know what's going on.

Many thanks,
by svennd » Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:11 pm
I'm the first one to blaim RS, but today they got back to me (within the 3 working days) Lets hope they add a tracking number this time ... Frankly I have to say, they keep friendly, atleast they have that 8-)

Good Morning Svenn

I can only apologise for the delay in delivery of your order REF 10101970xx and fully understand your frustrations. However the feedback we have been receiving from our customers in Belgium is that they are taking delivery of their orders up to 10 working days after it has been dispatched. Therefore as your order was dispatched Tuesday 11th December the latest expected date of delivery would have been Thursday 27th December. As you have not receive your order by this date we will investigate and re-dispatch your order.
If however your first order should reach you in the meantime please refuse delivery of the second order or return it using the link below.
http://authenticate.rsdelivers.com/stat ... turns.aspx
Thank you for your patience.

Kind Regards
Raspberry Pi Team