Bug reports

Moderators: Pankoi, DrPiD

36 posts   Page 1 of 2   1, 2
by liz » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:47 pm
Spotted a bug in the Pi Store? We want to know about it! Tell us what you found here, and we'll get the devs on the case.
Foundation
Foundation
by Sailing_Nut » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:50 pm
I just installed the store in my raspbian image and whenever I open the program I get the error:

The User Interface Failed to Load.
Try Updating the Client

Not sure if this is a bug in the storte or just a failed install, but either way I can't get into the store ;-)
by ukscone » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:07 pm
Sailing_Nut wrote:I just installed the store in my raspbian image and whenever I open the program I get the error:

Try Updating the Client

Not sure if this is a bug in the storte or just a failed install, but either way I can't get into the store ;-)

i just did a clean install and it seems fine. try removing it and reinstalling

Code: Select all
sudo apt-get remove pistore
sudo apt-get autoremove
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade && sudo apt-get install pistore

and see if that fixes it
by Sailing_Nut » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:56 pm
ukscone wrote:
Sailing_Nut wrote:I just installed the store in my raspbian image and whenever I open the program I get the error:

Try Updating the Client

i just did a clean install and it seems fine. try removing it and reinstalling

Code: Select all
sudo apt-get remove pistore
sudo apt-get autoremove
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade && sudo apt-get install pistore

and see if that fixes it

That did it, thanks! The first time I did not do the "upgrade"
by nictuku » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:00 pm
Not a bug necessarily, but how do I send a new app/game? I can't find the instructions anywhere. I created an entry for myself, my "company" and the app in the Developers section of the store, but how do I really upload the content?
by jgp » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:17 pm
I'm unsure if this is a "bug", but there does not seem to be a way to open The MagPi issues after "purchasing"/downloading. The green Launch button pops up a screen with "App Loading" but then nothing happens. What am I missing? :?:
by dom » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:21 pm
jgp wrote:I'm unsure if this is a "bug", but there does not seem to be a way to open The MagPi issues after "purchasing"/downloading. The green Launch button pops up a screen with "App Loading" but then nothing happens. What am I missing? :?:

I believe you need to install xpdf. (probably sudo apt-get install xpdf). Then open the pdf with xpdf (and make that a default association).
by liz » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:40 pm
nictuku wrote:Not a bug necessarily, but how do I send a new app/game? I can't find the instructions anywhere. I created an entry for myself, my "company" and the app in the Developers section of the store, but how do I really upload the content?

You need to be looking at the store on your Raspberry Pi - there's an upload tab there for you. You can't do it via the browser.
Foundation
Foundation
by jgp » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:47 pm
dom wrote:
jgp wrote:I'm unsure if this is a "bug", but there does not seem to be a way to open The MagPi issues after "purchasing"/downloading. The green Launch button pops up a screen with "App Loading" but then nothing happens. What am I missing? :?:

I believe you need to install xpdf. (probably sudo apt-get install xpdf). Then open the pdf with xpdf (and make that a default association).

Thank you, that did the trick. I couldn't find the files it had downloaded for the issues. It turns out it stores them in /usr/local/bin/indiecity/InstalledApps/...
by andrum99 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:01 pm
dom wrote:

I came across this one too. To me it is a bug. Two possible fixes would be to install xpdf along with the PDF downloaded, or display a message about xpdf being needed along with instructions on how to do that. A quick workaround would be to mention the need for xpdf in the description of each PDF in the store.

Cheers

Andrew.
My blog, with lots of Raspberry Pi goodness: andrum99.blogspot.co.uk
by chrisbr » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:51 pm
The Pi store looks like a great idea -- good work!

I think I've found one bug for the low priority list...

Title: Games/Apps that require a reboot don't launch when the user who runs the Pi store has a network login

Description:
When running Iridium Rising, the pi reboots before running the game - I assume so it can be booted in a known state. Upon reboot, I think it tries to log in as the same user that was running the pi store. If the user requires a network login (e.g. via an LDAP directory), it fails to log in as that user and instead continues to the login prompt.

I think one reason it does this is because it tries to login before the network / LDAP connection daemon has started. I'm guessing that even if the startup order of the indiecitystartupgame.sh (or whatever) is modified, the LDAP server still won't let the user log in - the pi's root user doesn't have the privileges to do this. To correct this perhaps either find a way to avoid the reboot or correct the startup order and prompt the user to enter their password.
by dukky » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:28 pm
I would agree with the MagPi thing being a bug, when you attempt to "launch" it from the store after downloading, it simply shows a the black overlay on the store saying an app is open and then disappears again, and the magpi issue does not open. If additional software is required, why is there no message saying so/why is it not downloaded automatically (like when you install something with apt-get it automatically installs the dependencies too..)?
by ffelagund » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:09 pm
Hello,

I came across the same error when I tried to start Pi store: "The user interface failed to load, try updating the client"
I already performed an update, upgrade and autoremove, and got a fresh install of pistore, but I'm not able to start the application.

Any suggestion?
Thanks,
Jacobo.
by tmftomh » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:08 pm
@ chrisbr

Try

cd /use/local/bin/indiecity/InstalledApps/iridiumrising/Full

then

./IridiumRising

before startx
by Pankoi » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:22 pm
Hi there,

With regards to the MagPi issues not working, unfortunately, the PDF reader bundled with previous Raspbian images (mupdf) crashes trying to open several issues, and quite a few other documents which we tested with.

I believe that xpdf is bundled with the newest image and that should work fine 'out of the box', but you can always just download it on a previous image and create the file association as other users have suggested. :)

Thanks everyone,
~Richard Williams
The Pi Store: the home of games, apps, tutorials and other content for Raspberry Pi - store.raspberrypi.com
Want to hear about new Pi Store content? Follow @PiStoreReleases on Twitter.
by andrum99 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:26 pm
Pankoi wrote:Hi there,

With regards to the MagPi issues not working, unfortunately, the PDF reader bundled with previous Raspbian images (mupdf) crashes trying to open several issues, and quite a few other documents which we tested with.

I believe that xpdf is bundled with the newest image and that should work fine 'out of the box', but you can always just download it on a previous image and create the file association as other users have suggested. :)

Cool - I was looking for an excuse to rebase on the new SD card image. Interesting they just sneaked it out of the door this time - I guess it is just a roll up of updates with not much new functionality so did not warrant a news story.

Really like the idea of the Pi Store - I think this will be fantastic once the early wrinkes are ironed out.

Cheers

Andrew.
My blog, with lots of Raspberry Pi goodness: andrum99.blogspot.co.uk
by trouch » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:00 pm
Do I have spotted a bug or a feature ?
Upon you build a SKU, it automatically appear in "my library", that's OK.
But to be able to click it in the library, in order to download or hide it, we must add all screenshot, artwork, summary and age rating.

I see two ways to solve it :
- forbid SKU build until all screenshot, artwork, summary and age rating are filled
- fix panel display if a SKU has been build without screen, art, summary, age...

WebIOPi - Raspberry Pi REST Framework to control your Pi from the web
http://store.raspberrypi.com/projects/webiopi
http://code.google.com/p/webiopi/
http://trouch.com
by trouch » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:23 pm
when trying to submit webiopi for approval :
General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ' 0, 15, 0)' at line 1 [1064]

by Pankoi » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:46 pm
Hi trouch,

I'm sorry to hear you're having problems with the Pi Store. I'll pass both the UI issue and the SQL issue on to the relevant developers.

Thanks for the bug reports everyone, they're always very much appreciated. :)

~Richard Williams
The Pi Store: the home of games, apps, tutorials and other content for Raspberry Pi - store.raspberrypi.com
by trouch » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:27 am
Any feedback for my SQL error ?
I'm not able to submit WebIOPi and I would like to do it before christmas as I'm pretty sure there will be a lot of Pi under the trees.

by Pankoi » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:02 am
Hi trouch,

I've just had another chat with one of our server devs and sent you a PM with my e-mail address. If you could please send along the .zip file you're trying to upload, we can try to simulate the upload from here and get a better impression of what's going wrong. :)

Thanks very much indeed,
~Richard Williams
by kInOzAwA » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:57 am
Just upgrade my raspbian again today, and found Pistore need to update and done that. Seems stable for now. Yesterday and before that, it crashed several times when i opened-up a browser with several tabs on it.
by AndyD » Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:25 am
Hi,
If you run pistore (newly updated 21/12/2012) as a user other than pi (or root), you are asked for a password.

The reason is that pistore is now a script that tries to run pistore_real as group indiecity. I can see why you have chosen to do this as the permission are set so that group indiecity can write to /usr/local/bin/indiecity. Perhaps the pistore script could check that the user belongs to group indiecity and could give an appropriate error message before trying to run pistore_real.
by diehardx95 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:26 am
iv installed the pi store today and i love it but i only been able to download and install one app and now it's saying that it's failing when it tries to to download. can i get help?
by Pankoi » Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:49 pm
diehardx95 wrote:iv installed the pi store today and i love it but i only been able to download and install one app and now it's saying that it's failing when it tries to to download. can i get help?

Hi there!

I'm sorry to hear you're having problems with the Pi Store. If you wouldn't mind, please navigate to /usr/share/indiecity/pistore/scripts and run the 'enablelogging.sh' script; this will (as the name suggests) enable logging from the Pi Store.

If you'd then run the Pi Store, try to download a couple of things, exit the Pi Store, then find the logfile at /home/USERNAME/indiecity/pistore/General.log - it'd be great if you could send that to me at rwilliams@indiecity.com so I can have a look at what's going wrong. :)

Thanks very much,
~Richard Williams