Short Crust Case

66 posts   Page 3 of 3   1, 2, 3
by Rushy » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:46 pm
Are there any samples available for distributers?
by canibalimao » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:18 pm
I found this on raspberry pi's facebook unofficial page:

http://www.bit-tech.net/modding/2013/01 ... petition/1

This could be a great competition to show the case and raise founds!
by Tirpitz » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:02 pm
It is very nice case. Will it be available in stock? How much will the case cost?
by bfesser » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:57 pm
[bump]

This case is brilliant! To anyone who reads this, please spread the word. These guys need help to bring this product to market. It would be nice if they included a second top plate with a slot for GPIO access.
by Borg 1.0 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:13 pm
Guys, I'm really disappointed that the project didn't make the funding target. I've been offline for a long time, and wasn't aware of this.

Would it be worthwhile running the crowdfunding again? FWIW, I've dealth with other crowd funding sourcers, and IndieGoGo is by far the least worst. And it's the one Matthew Inman used!

The case is far and away the most elegant and useful available. Nothing else comes close. So get in touch with Liz, let her know what the deal is, and see if they'll promote the design. Hell, it's good enough to be the official design. It really is that good.

So stop being all shy and bashful, and at least ask the RPi team. They've just gone through the same thing themselves, so even if they can't help directly, they may be able to give you a few pointers and tips about generating interest.

Look, I'm limping by on a miserable disability pension, and every buck means something to me - but I'm happy to put in $50 if that would help such a sensible and elegant design. And I'm sure, if other users were aware of the design, you'd get much more interest than little ol' me!

Best of luck guys, and thanks for staying in the RPi tradition. You deserve way better than what you've been dealt.

And g'day from another Melburnian. I'm in the Yarra valley (hic!), so I can probably see your house from here! (heh heh heh)
by milhouse » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:43 pm
For anyone still looking to buy this case, they're hoping to have them available in May.
by tonyhughes » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:36 pm
I agree with Borgs sentiments above - absolutely excellent case. I only just discovered it today.

I'm pretty sure this would fund in a week if it was on the front page of this site.
Baked Linux Mod http://www.geek101.co.nz/bakedlinuxmod

Easy install of Drupal, Wordpress, RazorCMS, Chyrp, Apache, Nginx, Lighttpd, firewall, Webmin, VNC, RDP, FTP servers, mailservers, MySQL, SQLite, Transmission and more...

tall.co.nz/webcam.jpg
by bugmenot3 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:17 pm
I just saw this case now! I'm sorry that you didn't get funding. If you do it again, I would definitely sponsor the project! Best of luck in the endeavour; I have my credit card waiting to buy this beautiful case when it's ready. :-)
by dtomcat » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:01 am
LOVE the case... I have an idea for a "power"/"reset" switch. Use a micro reed switch.. then the magnet would be like a "key". Place the "key" to the plastic case and when close enough... kills power till it's removed! :)

Looking forward to this case... Thinking of trying Kickstarter?

Thanks!
-Rob
by milhouse » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:17 pm
dtomcat wrote:LOVE the case... I have an idea for a "power"/"reset" switch. Use a micro reed switch.. then the magnet would be like a "key". Place the "key" to the plastic case and when close enough... kills power till it's removed! :)

Looking forward to this case... Thinking of trying Kickstarter?

Thanks!
-Rob

This case has gone to manufacture and should now be available May, possibly June. I did mention the addition of a simple reset switch (comment under linked article) in a future version, though I'd be happy with a paper clip for activation! :)
by teeth_03 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:31 pm
Just saw this case

Is there an update when we can buy? How much are we looking at? I live in the US if its being made outside the country.
by malakai » Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:45 pm
http://shortcrust.net/updates/2013/5/8/quick-update-on-shortcrust-pricing

Looks like they are aiming for 25AUD plus 8 for shipping US pricing would come out to around $31 after conversion hopefully they can keep that price. :)
http://www.raspians.com - always looking for content feel free to ask to have it posted. Or sign up and message me to become a contributor to the site. Raspians is not affiliated with the Raspberry Pi Foundation. (RPi's + You = Raspians)
by sav25 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:13 pm
Just wanted to say how beautiful and well thought out this case is. If I hadn't 'just' bought a new case for mine...and a wedding on the way, i'd be buying one!

Good work!
AverageManVsRaspberryPi.com
How To's / Product Reviews / Terminal Library / PiRadio / Pi No-IP client / I2C control / Camera Module / PiTweeting / SOIC and much more!
by Thomas88 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:14 am
I bought one, and I'm going to get another for a friend. I'm surprised how quickly it arrived, considering it came from the other side of the world, just one week to the UK after dispatch.

The finish is great and it clips in safely with everything safe but accessible. The power being relocated to the rear is great, and allows for really tidy cable management, and also leaves lots of space even if you have a large usb-mounted device like an XBMC remote control sensor.

The smokey grey removable top cover is the best thing as it is both classy and allows access even when the Pi is connected and powered up, and I can stack all kinds of stuff on top of it, and the case can easily accommodate GPIO cable and so forth. If I need to connect the camera I can take off the cover in seconds.

If I can get access to my University's Laser Cutter and the CNC machine I could easily run up replacement top covers in different plastics or additional slots, or even Aluminum.. there are so many possibilities for mods with this case: I'm also thinking of creating a baffle for the Pi's blinkenlights - there is a slot inside the case where a baffle could slot in; and as the Micro-USB reroute can be easily tapped into I might install a reset switch, to turn it back on following safe shutdown :)

I've used 4 different cases including a Pibow and a Modmypi case and this is easily the best-designed case of them all.
by Belkiolle » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:15 am
I got my Short Crust today (approx 1 week after shipment email) and it's very nice. It's everything they represented and I can't wait to break out the CAD mill and work on some custom artwork for the cover. It's sitting right in its spot in my media cabinet streaming away from the NAS via raspBMC.

I do have a bit of scuffing on the cover that came with it, but I'm assuming that's the reason for the replacement covers they are already shipping. Assuming I get a cover in perfect shape this will be over the top as a case. Even if I don't I can put my design over the scuffs on the cover I have (or machine my own) and it'll be like they were never there.
by Thomas88 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:39 pm
Yeah, I really appreciate that they are sending out extra covers for free; it's great customer service.

I still can't get over how nice this case is; I don't know if the Wilkinson brothers are product designers but they damn well should be.