New IT (UK) Supplier

179 posts   Page 6 of 8   1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
by iserlohn » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:27 pm
Let me add myself to the list of happy customers. However, I noticed that the modmypi case that I added to my order didn't have a good fit as well.

After a bit of searching around, I discovered that these cases should come with a set of nuts and screws to secure the rev. 2 boards to the case (see nut recesses underneath the case bottom). According to the case manufacturer, you would need 2 x M2.5 half nuts and 2 x 8mm M2.5 Philips head screws. I'm buying this from a online retailer right now and due to the size of the order needed there will be many screws and nuts extra that I don't need. Right now, I'm trying to get discuss with NewIT on whether they would like me to send them the extra bits so that they can distribute the screws and nuts with these cases in the future.
by NewIT.co.uk » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:10 am
New cases now in stock 8-)
www.newit.co.uk
by Penthux » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:54 pm
bwoodbury wrote:The latest UK supplier that I have seen some good forum comments about

http://www.newit.co.uk/

I sent them an email welcoming them to the fold and congratulating them on their donation of 20 Pi to their local College. Got an email reply within 15 minutes from Jason King one of their head guys.

Due to RS Components giving me an eight week estimated delivery time (and only after completing the order on their website) a couple of weeks later I went searching for an alternative supplier. NewIT.co.uk were selling the Raspberry Pi for around £29 (UK) inc. P&P so I bought two of them which were promptly dispatched and delivered within 48 hours of the order!

I cannot recommend NewIT.co.uk highly enough. Their professionalism, conduct, haste, and communication is far beyond reproach. This is something you don't see very often in this day and age, I'm sad to say. RS Components should contact NewIT.co.uk to find out why a very small company can offer such a great and reliable service where a global establishment cannot.

NewIT.co.uk = 11/10 with commendation
RS Components = (do you accept minus values?)

This is my experience and opinion.
Penthux
http://rpi.fatdog.eu
"The best school in the world is life and the greatest teacher is yourself."
by truehl » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:08 pm
Sorry, I know it's off topic!

In you shop you say the CuBox will be available tomorrow! Does that mean that you will start shipping tomorrow?

Thanks a lot!
truehl
http://www.squeezeplug.de
by NewIT.co.uk » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:36 am
truehl wrote:Sorry, I know it's off topic!
In you shop you say the CuBox will be available tomorrow! Does that mean that you will start shipping tomorrow?
Thanks a lot!

Hi yes, we are expecting delivery within the next hour or two, so we will be despatching all the pre orders today. :)
www.newit.co.uk
by Andrew1971 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:39 pm
Hi All
I ordered a Raspberry Pi from New IT on friday after noon about 2.20ish and by saturday after noon at 1.20
it arrived in the post not even 24 hours after the order :D I am amazed at how quick it came.
Can't thank New IT enough fantastic service. Very happy with the service indeed :D
So get a Raspberry Pi from New IT if any body is having troubles with getting a Raspberry Pi.
One very happy customer i will order from them again.
Many Thanks
Andrew
by smstext » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:21 pm
I have already contacted NewIT to express my gratitude, but recently i purchased another pi to find the sd slot was broken. After a quick email to them i was able to send it back to them and got it replaced, all in a matter of days (post service being the longest part of the process).

Not many companies are that quick to sort things out, but Jason and his staff at NewIT are a huge credit to themselves and whilst people are quick to moan about poor service, they are never quick to praise excellent service.

Again a big thank you.
by truehl » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:28 pm
NewIT.co.uk wrote:
Thanks a lot!

Hi yes, we are expecting delivery within the next hour or two, so we will be despatching all the pre orders today. :)

I've ordered one! Along with another Pi and cases! Will I get it before X-MAS with shipping to Germany?

I love New-IT
truehl
http://www.squeezeplug.de
by NewIT.co.uk » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:43 pm
truehl wrote:
NewIT.co.uk wrote:
Thanks a lot!

I've ordered one! Along with another Pi and cases! Will I get it before X-MAS with shipping to Germany?

I love New-IT

Order will be despatched tomorrow, should be with you on Wednesday/Thursday :D
www.newit.co.uk
by rxzlion » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:21 pm
Hi when i only order the Raspberry Pi the shipping estimate to israel is £15.00 if i add even the smallest thing like the TL-WN725N it jumps to £35.00 seems a littell steep any reason for that?
by pygmy_giant » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:26 pm
Also, do your Pi's come from Wales or China?
by NewIT.co.uk » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:41 pm
rxzlion wrote:Hi when i only order the Raspberry Pi the shipping estimate to israel is £15.00 if i add even the smallest thing like the TL-WN725N it jumps to £35.00 seems a littell steep any reason for that?

All the shipping is weight based, so moving to the next level will cost more, at the £35 shipping band, you can add quiet a lot of accessories before moving to the next level.
www.newit.co.uk
by NewIT.co.uk » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:41 pm
pygmy_giant wrote:Also, do your Pi's come from Wales or China?

All our stock is made in Wales :D
www.newit.co.uk
by pygmy_giant » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:47 pm
Now there's lovely.
by rxzlion » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:00 pm
NewIT.co.uk wrote:All the shipping is weight based, so moving to the next level will cost more, at the £35 shipping band, you can add quiet a lot of accessories before moving to the next level.

If i put anything in the cart the shipping estimate is £35.00 if i put only the pi its £15.00 considering TL-WN725N weight against the Pi weight it doesn't make sense. just trying to make sense out of things :D.
by NewIT.co.uk » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:41 pm
rxzlion wrote:
NewIT.co.uk wrote:All the shipping is weight based, so moving to the next level will cost more, at the £35 shipping band, you can add quiet a lot of accessories before moving to the next level.

If i put anything in the cart the shipping estimate is £35.00 if i put only the pi its £15.00 considering TL-WN725N weight against the Pi weight it doesn't make sense. just trying to make sense out of things :D.

We have used a lot of couriers over time, and we have found TNT to be the most reliable in all areas, we have a price plan agreed with them that allows us to send items under a certain weight for a set fee outside Europe, once we go over that weight the cost increases, hence the price difference.
www.newit.co.uk
by rxzlion » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:29 pm
NewIT.co.uk wrote:
rxzlion wrote:

We have used a lot of couriers over time, and we have found TNT to be the most reliable in all areas, we have a price plan agreed with them that allows us to send items under a certain weight for a set fee outside Europe, once we go over that weight the cost increases, hence the price difference.

Raspberry Pi Weight 45g shipping estimate alone is £15.00
TL-WN725N Weight 2.1g shipping estimate alone is £35.00

Either you don't understand me or i don't understand you.
Just confused that's all :?
by NewIT.co.uk » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:11 am
rxzlion wrote:

Just confused that's all :?[/quote]

The Raspberry Pi, with our packaging, weighs 0.2 kg, the TP weighs 0.2, which takes it over our agreed rate with TNT for small packages, hence the (I agree, big jump) rate change. :cry:
www.newit.co.uk
by rxzlion » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:22 am
NewIT.co.uk wrote:
rxzlion wrote:
NewIT.co.uk wrote:We have used a lot of couriers over time, and we have found TNT to be the most reliable in all areas, we have a price plan agreed with them that allows us to send items under a certain weight for a set fee outside Europe, once we go over that weight the cost increases, hence the price difference.

Just confused that's all :?

The Raspberry Pi, with our packaging, weighs 0.2 kg, the TP weighs 0.2, which takes it over our agreed rate with TNT for small packages, hence the (I agree, big jump) rate change. :cry:

Ok thanks for the clarification :D.
by Penthux » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:48 pm
OMG!!!! NewIT.co.uk are now selling the hi-tech and totally COOL Raspberry Pi enclosures by Cyntech! They come in original raspberry, blue, black, and clear colours.... AND they are cheaper than other sellers (on eBay at least). I just ordered 2 and that's my Christmas present to myself. :D

Clear Raspberry Pi Enclosure
Black Raspberry Pi Enclosure
Blue Raspberry Pi Enclosure
Raspberry Raspberry Pi Enclosure

I know everybody has different likes and dislikes. I think these enclosures are so cool I consider it my duty to inform the RPi community of their existance. No, I am not affiliated with NewIT.co.uk but if they ever have any jobs going... :D

NewIT - you guys ROCK! Thanks very much and have a great Christmas!
Penthux
http://rpi.fatdog.eu
"The best school in the world is life and the greatest teacher is yourself."
by NewIT.co.uk » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:20 am
Christmas despatch dates:

The last despatch of orders will be on Monday 24th December, so if you order before 10am on the 24th – your order will be despatched on that day.

The next despatch after this will be on Wednesday the 27th December, if you order before 2pm on the 27th – your order will be despatched on that day. And after that it will be on Friday the 29th December, if you order before 2pm on the 29th – your order will be despatched on that day.

The first despatch of the New Year will be on Wednesday the 2nd January, again if you order before 2pm on the 2nd – your order will be despatched on that day.

We would like to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a happy 2013 :D
www.newit.co.uk
by maddogdave » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:33 pm
iserlohn wrote:Let me add myself to the list of happy customers. However, I noticed that the modmypi case that I added to my order didn't have a good fit as well.

After a bit of searching around, I discovered that these cases should come with a set of nuts and screws to secure the rev. 2 boards to the case (see nut recesses underneath the case bottom). According to the case manufacturer, you would need 2 x M2.5 half nuts and 2 x 8mm M2.5 Philips head screws. I'm buying this from a online retailer right now and due to the size of the order needed there will be many screws and nuts extra that I don't need. Right now, I'm trying to get discuss with NewIT on whether they would like me to send them the extra bits so that they can distribute the screws and nuts with these cases in the future.

I ordered 3 different coloured cases and each was of a slightly different design. The black modmypi case had press outs for the GPIO, the blue had a vent that could be cut out, and the clear case was of a different design, with no cut outs but has a couple of keyhole slots in the base for mounting, and clips together so well as to be almost 'adult-proof'. Happy with all 3 but wasn't expecting them to be different when I ordered.
Dave
by rxzlion » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:53 am
Hi i ordered a raspberry pi from you with a couple of Accessories and i didn't got some of the things I ordered.
I sent you a note using your contact page but didn't get an answer yet
by NewIT.co.uk » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:22 pm
rxzlion wrote:Hi i ordered a raspberry pi from you with a couple of Accessories and i didn't got some of the things I ordered.
I sent you a note using your contact page but didn't get an answer yet

Sorry, with the Christmas break we will be working through everything in the morning, but if you email me direct jason@newit.co.uk it will be top of the list ;)
And on that note any order placed up to 2pm on the 28th, will be despatched on the 28th :D
www.newit.co.uk
by Fllipy » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:37 am
Hi,
can I use TP-LINK TL-WN725N without a power usb hub?

Thanks F.