RetroPie Setup - Auto-installer/updater for RetroArch gaming

813 posts   Page 19 of 33   1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 33
by danieln1 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:25 pm
On 1/18/2013 there was a commit to the RetroArch project to "remove libpng from quickbuild".

https://github.com/Themaister/RetroArch ... d96bf97094

There will need to be an update to retropie_setup.sh to remove the --disable-libpng flag

Try these commands to build RetroArch
cd RetroPie/emulators/RetroArch
./configure --disable-libpng
make
sudo make install
by petrockblog » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:07 am
danieln1 wrote:On 1/18/2013 there was a commit to the RetroArch project to "remove libpng from quickbuild".

There will need to be an update to retropie_setup.sh to remove the --disable-libpng flag

make
sudo make install

I have just removed the disable-libpng flag from the RetroPie Setup script, thanks to demonccc for creating that issue on Github! RetroArch should compile now. However, as I wrote above, I do not have an RPi accessible and I would be glad, if someone could give a feedback about whether RetroArch compiles now or not.
fun stuff for technics enthusiasts: www.petrockblock.com
by dragonkhanrider » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:52 am
dragonkhanrider wrote:I tried 3 times to run the script, and after 5 hours of compiling, installing and configuring through the script, I get a message which says:

“Could not successfully compile and install RetroArch. Could not successfully compile Amiga emulator. Could not compile Atari 2600 core. Could not successfully install ScummVM. Could not successfully compile Emulation Station. See debug.log for more details.”

Additional info: I am running it as superuser, without xserver running. I have the latest Raspbian installed, via BerryBoot. Do I need anything else, like dependencies etc.? Also, where is debug.log located?
Thank you.

I finally managed to run the script successfully, but I had to install an older image of Raspbian. I don't know if this is important, but I skipped the apt-upgrade part, just in case. Everything is working now except for the gamepad, which it seems to work in EmulationStation but not in the games. Also, gba is slow and laggy as hell.
by Neomatt » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:22 pm
petrockblog wrote:
danieln1 wrote:On 1/18/2013 there was a commit to the RetroArch project to "remove libpng from quickbuild".

make
sudo make install

I have just removed the disable-libpng flag from the RetroPie Setup script, thanks to demonccc for creating that issue on Github! RetroArch should compile now. However, as I wrote above, I do not have an RPi accessible and I would be glad, if someone could give a feedback about whether RetroArch compiles now or not.

I can confirm that removing the flag and "make/sudo make install" works as intended on my Pi (with a brand-new Wheezy install).
by PiMonkey » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:29 pm
Hi (hopefully) quick question.

Where can I stick
skip_disclaimer = yes
skip_gameinfo = yes
in the config for retroarch imame4all?

I have tried retroarch.cfg and even adding it as a command line switch in es_systems.cfg with no joy.
Has anyone done this or would a recompile of imame4all be required?

Cheers.
by CowPi » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:38 am
Hi all,

I've got a couple of problems that I'm hoping someone might be able to help me with.

1) When I start a game, I get the following warning: "RetroArch[WARN] :: [GL] : Stock GLSL shaders will be used". However, the game does then load as expected.
2) When I'm in a game, the up and down keys don't work on the menus. They work in the game itself, but not on the menus. I've tested this on the NES with Super Mario Bros 1, 2 & 3 and all of them suffer from the same issue. I'm just using a cheap keyboard that has a power rating of 5V / 50mA.

If anyone knows how to fix these issues (particularly the second one) it will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
by Toad King » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:59 pm
CowPi wrote:Hi all,

I've got a couple of problems that I'm hoping someone might be able to help me with.

1) When I start a game, I get the following warning: "RetroArch[WARN] :: [GL] : Stock GLSL shaders will be used". However, the game does then load as expected.
2) When I'm in a game, the up and down keys don't work on the menus. They work in the game itself, but not on the menus. I've tested this on the NES with Super Mario Bros 1, 2 & 3 and all of them suffer from the same issue. I'm just using a cheap keyboard that has a power rating of 5V / 50mA.

If anyone knows how to fix these issues (particularly the second one) it will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

1) You can ignore that warning, in fact, it should probably be changed to an info message instead. Just telling you that it's using a stock shader instead of a custom one.
2) In NES games, you usually cycle through the options with the Select button.
by CowPi » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:47 pm
Toad King, you're a genius! Just tested and it works. Thanks very much.
by donnchadh » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:09 am
Hello,

I was wondering if someone on here could help me figure out a problem i have with retroarch-joyconfig. 

I have tried setting up two controllers  
(1 wireless joystick & 1 logitech dual shock usb controller) both are recognised  and the joyconfig command recognises my inputs. 

The problem is when i run a game nes/snes the directional buttons dont seem to work. All the other buttons work fine. The directional buttons on the keyboard are also recognised. 

Ive tried various commands like
retroarch-joyconfig -o ~/.retroarch.cfg  and retroarch-joyconfig -o /.retroarch.cfg (as suggested in page 9 of this topic)
When i look in the retroarch.cfg file in the configs /all folder it only has video and audio settings there. When i check es_systems.cfg it seems to point to the retroarch.cfg in all folder. 

Also my controllers dont work in the emulationstation frontend anymore either the only thing that completely works is the keyboard for both emulationstation and playing games. What am i doing wrong? I would greatly appreciate any help.
by mindglow » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:35 am
I have been successfull in using the retropíe script, except for when it comes to the NES emulator fceux that will not compile. This is what I get:

http://pastebin.com/rkiA9xKy

Any suggestions?
by BigDanG » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:02 am
Hi all.

Is anyone else having success when launching the Game Gear/Master System emulator (osmose-0.8.1+rpi20121122) through EmulationStation? Whenever I try to run a rom, it it fails, returns to the menu, and causes EmulationStation to lock up when trying to do anything else (like launch another emulator or quit the program). I've set up my area with the RetroPie-Setup script, and running with no extra configuration.

When I tried executing osmose from the Raspbian terminal, I get a blank screen, but I can hear the sound, and can exit the emulator by pressing ESC.

When I launched LXDE and ran the emulator again from the terminal, it spawned an extra window, and I saw my rom running as would expect in the spawned window.

Is this emulator only intended to be run in an X environment?
by axop » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:20 am
Hi all,

first of all thanks for this great project! It is awesome :)

Just wanted to tell all of you about an issue I had while installing RetroPie from source.

I first upgraded to the latest firmware and after a reboot started the Installation of all the rest. It failed when compiling retroArch due to a missing header file. retroArch was not able to find "vchost_config.h". It was searching for it in
Code: Select all
/opt/vc/include/interface/vmcs_host/
. But the file is located in
/opt/vc/include/interface/vmcs_host/linux/
. The Problem was solved by symbolic linking of the file
ln -s /opt/vc/include/interface/vmcs_host/linux/vchost_config.h /opt/vc/include/interface/vmcs_host/vchost_config.h

I am not sure if this is the correct place to post that. But I think this information might help somebody experiencing the same problem.
by craigsmith86 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:56 pm
I too am having issues with Master System roms.

Starting a rom from within ES or CLI is unsuccessful. All my other emulators seem to be fine. No joy sending in the debug log either.

I've checked all the roms are named correctly and have the right extensions etc. Tried with every combination of OC settings and ram splits.
by Karbono » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:51 pm
Can someone please tell how I can configure my keyboard to work with mastersystem's roms?! I'm going insane! You would think it's the kind of information one could easily find through Google. I'm trying Bing. Meanwhile, if someone could help, I'd really appreciate it.

I have no problems with Mame Roms. I'm guessing it's because I uncommented the keyboard related lines in retroarch.cfg

Thanks

edit:

I found osmose.ini:

PAD1_UP = SDLK_UP
PAD1_DOWN = SDLK_DOWN
PAD1_LEFT = SDLK_LEFT
PAD1_RIGHT = SDLK_RIGHT
PAD1_BUTTON_A = SDLK_LCTRL
PAD1_BUTTON_B = SDLK_LALT

should be ok, but when the game asks to press start, none of those work...
by Substitute79 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:44 pm
I am also having problems with the master system. Same problem as those above.

I am a complete novice with Linux and very lost!

I have download rooms for Snes and Mega Drive but these 2 consoles do not appear in the EmulationStation menu. How do I add them? Config file?

Really loving the concept of RetroPie just hope I can get it to work!
by Karbono » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:09 pm
Substitute79 wrote:I have download rooms for Snes and Mega Drive but these 2 consoles do not appear in the EmulationStation menu. How do I add them? Config file?

did you place them in the right folders? My GBA e GBC roms also don't show up...
I haven't tried snes and mega drive, but the master system roms all show up. MAME as well. Try more roms. F1 -> reload after you add them.
by ironKERRtain » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:53 am
I have been pulling my hair out for the past few hours trying to figure out how I can map a joystick button to exit Sega Genesis roms in DGEN to get back to the emulationstation interface. All the buttons work fine as I have edited the dgenrc file in the hidden .dgen folder. But for the life of me I can't get the key_quit command to execute using a joypad button, only keyboard (currently mapped to escape). Does anyone happen to know how to do this? Any help is greatly appreciated!
by craigsmith86 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:15 pm
As far as getting the emulators to quit with a d-pad I have managed to get it to work by adding the following lines to the retroarch.cfg in the 'all' folder (I'm using a wired Xbox controller so have Xboxdrv running for each pad)

input_exit_emulator_btn = “9″

****only issue is, when this is working correctly and exiting my emulators, the rest of the controller mappings I've set using the retroarch-joyconfig tool do not work correctly. Leaving me able to exit a rom from the controller but not able to play it..... recalibrating the joyconfig breaks the exit button command.

I have made sure that the button (the Xbox guide button in my case) is not being mapped twice or duplicated forcing the emulator cores to get confused. Best of luck to you
by Aloshi » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:34 pm
DGen is separate from RetroArch. After a glance at the sample.rc file for DGen, I don't see a way to use a joystick mapping to exit, unfortunately.
by craigsmith86 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:18 pm
Update on the controller issue...

I now have an Xbox controller with the guide button working as an exit trigger for all emulators except d-gens (the one I really wanted working)

After I recompiled Retroarch and reset my config files using the advice here:

https://github.com/petrockblog/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/Setting-up-the-XBox360-controller

Both emulationstation and Retroarch are accepting the inputs and everything seems to be ok. I cannot use the axis controls for Up/Down/Left/Right but the D-pad is more authentic anyway.

Happy days.
by MIDItheKID » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:42 pm
I wrote a n00bs guide to getting RetroPie all installed and setup. I'm quite the n00b myself, so figuring all of this out was quite the learning experience.

http://supernintendopi.wordpress.com
by Karbono » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:09 pm
MIDItheKID wrote:I wrote a n00bs guide to getting RetroPie all installed and setup. I'm quite the n00b myself, so figuring all of this out was quite the learning experience.

http://supernintendopi.wordpress.com

Well done. Quite comprehensive. Didn't you skip the ftp server installation, though?
by craigsmith86 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:23 pm
It would appear that it is indeed not currently possible to map arbitrary key_command event within dgens (it is especially hard to map an Xbox controller ¬_¬

Though according to here: http://www.aep-emu.de/PNphpBB2-file-viewtopic-t-19460.html version 1.31 includes a joystick calibration tool and the ability to map specific key events to any key/button.

I wonder if dgen v1.31 can be compiled on the pi and play nice with Retroarch et al ??
by ironKERRtain » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:22 am
I got a reply from Zamaz at the soundforge page for DGen about the controller issue and his response was the following:

Since v1.31, you can bind arbitrary key_* actions to joypadX_bY like this:

joypad1_b0 = key_quit

Or by entering "joypad1_b0 key_quit" at the prompt. However, there's also a
bug in v1.31
(fixed in git) that prevents DGen from exiting properly (it may affect
you).

See bug 3590558.
-------------------------------------------------
Since Retropie currently has ver 1.30, it seem we are not able to map a joystick to anything other than what is on a Genesis controller. So as asked above, the question would be is there a way to update Retropie to use ver 1.31 of DGen? This is the only thing preventing RetroPie from not needing a keyboard at all!
by kurtdcobain » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:43 am
hi, I use xbox 360 pad,
1- do you know how to set controller button to exit emulator?
2- which overclock have I to set?
3- Is there a way to start "emulationstation" on a ssh terminal and video output to TV? because I use raspberry without a keyboard.

Thanks ;)