Problem with Pi store

Moderators: Pankoi, DrPiD

6 posts
by johnroe » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:41 pm
I got my Pi at Christmas and was able to log into Pi store, but couldn't load any applications as I got an error message every time. From the forum topic I think this has been fixed but earlier this week I did an update and I think a new version of pistore was installed. Now I cannot get into Pistore at all. I just get the loading screen and then nothing happens. Can anyone help?
by Pankoi » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:18 pm
Hrm - that's a strange one. How long have you tried leaving it for?

~Richard Williams
The Pi Store: the home of games, apps, tutorials and other content for Raspberry Pi - store.raspberrypi.com
Want to hear about new Pi Store content? Follow @PiStoreReleases on Twitter.
by johnroe » Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:45 am
I left it until there was no processor activity as indicated by the bottom line task monitor , should I try removing and the re-installing?
by Pankoi » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:33 pm
Yeah - it definitely sounds like it's become stuck then.

It sounds like you might have the same problem as in this topic. Could you please try deleting everything in /var/lib/indiecity/pistore/GUI and restart Pi Store?

~Richard Williams
The Pi Store: the home of games, apps, tutorials and other content for Raspberry Pi - store.raspberrypi.com
Want to hear about new Pi Store content? Follow @PiStoreReleases on Twitter.
by johnroe » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:15 pm
I am new to Linux, how do I delete the contents of this directory . It seems to include several directories and some of the files are write protected.
by johnroe » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:11 pm
I Have worked out how to delete the contents of the /GUI directory but starting pistore gave the same result. I then tried removing and installing pistore wit update and upgrade both before and after. I now have the same problem as the other post, ie after a short while I get the user interface failed to load message