sleep(2);
        system("killall dgen");
        system(command);
        return 1;
}

Makefile
Code: Select all
CC=g++
CFLAGS=-c -Wall -I/opt/vc/include -I/opt/vc/include/interface/vcos/pthreads -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/SDL -I/usr/include -D_RPI_
LDFLAGS=-L/opt/vc/lib -lbcm_host -lEGL -lGLESv2 -lfreetype -lSDL -lboost_system -lboost_filesystem -lfreeimage -lSDL_mixer
SRCSOURCES=main.cpp
SOURCES=$(SRCSOURCES)
OBJECTS=$(SOURCES:.cpp=.o)
EXECUTABLE=dgenlaunch

all: $(SOURCES) $(EXECUTABLE)

$(EXECUTABLE): $(OBJECTS)
        $(CC) $(OBJECTS) $(LDFLAGS) -o $@

.cpp.o:
        $(CC) $(CFLAGS) $< -o $@

clean:
        rm -rf *.o
install:
        chmod 777 dgenlaunch
        cp dgenlaunch /usr/bin/

es_systems.cfg
NAME=Sega Mega Drive / Genesis
PATH=/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/megadrive
EXTENSION=.bin
COMMAND=dgenlaunch -g 0 -f %ROM%
PLATFORMID=36
by levimadman » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:45 pm
Another thing -
http://advancemame.sourceforge.net/menu-download.html

compiled configured and now - manages all my roms and emulators .

Among the features - display snapshots, smart sort, search by name.. nice as hell, and i'm starting to think i havn't scratched the surface with this one.

VERY nice potential according to some videos -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81LwZqAGoUY
by Aloshi » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:31 pm
Hopefully just pushed a fix for the black screen bug when launching certain emulators (tested with ScummVM). It was a really dumb fix. Let me know if there's still a problem.
by CPOKashue » Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:13 pm
I have another inane gameboy question-

I get really horrible garbling on the noise channel in most games. Is this fixable, or just a limitation of the Pi's audio libraries?

If it can't be fixed, I assume I can disable it in the GBC core? I haven't messed with configuring individual emulation cores yet.
by Aloshi » Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:29 am
You should be able to change ~/.emulationstation/es_systems.cfg's launch command for GBC games to include a command line switch for no sound (not sure what it is off the top of my head, you should be able to check with retroarch -h | less).

Also, are you getting sound through HDMI? And have you tried changing RetroArch's audio driver to sdl instead of alsa?
by CPOKashue » Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:37 am
yes hdmi, no i have not tried changing drivers. I will give that a shot.
by spreeway » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:31 am
Hello!

Couple problems that I've tried searching on:

1. Is anyone else getting freezing while playing NES? I play about 30 seconds to 1 minute and it freezes into every game I've tested.
2. Has anyone been able to get two (2) gamepads working for NES? I have NES to USB adapters connected but I can only get retroarch to recognize one of them.

Anyone fixed these problems yet?
Any help would be appreciated.
by petrockblog » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:36 am
CPOKashue wrote:yes hdmi, no i have not tried changing drivers. I will give that a shot.

Besides using the SDL drivers (with a slow down of emulation) using the HDMI audio output is the preferred method for me.
fun stuff for technics enthusiasts: www.petrockblock.com
by frediokl » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:26 pm
Hi,

Thanks for a great product! I'm having a problem with a blank screen when trying to run PXS and MAME. SNES works fine. No sound, not anything just a blank screen. Could that be the issue you have just fixed?

I did an install a couple of days ago using petrockblog's script with the use binaries option. What do I have to do to install your patch? Is it better just to delete it and start again, and use the source option. The use Binaries option took long enough!
by petrockblog » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:54 pm
frediokl wrote:Hi,

Thanks for a great product! I'm having a problem with a blank screen when trying to run PXS and MAME. SNES works fine. No sound, not anything just a blank screen. Could that be the issue you have just fixed?

I did an install a couple of days ago using petrockblog's script with the use binaries option. What do I have to do to install your patch? Is it better just to delete it and start again, and use the source option. The use Binaries option took long enough!

Are you running the emulators from Emulation Station or from command line? Which rom(s) are you trying to run? The PCSX core is not included in the latest binaries installation due to an error during compilation.

A nice thing about the setup script is that you can always use the source-based installation to update individual components of the installation. However, if you think that the binaries-based installation takes quite long, be prepared that compiling the sources from scratch takes even more time.
by frediokl » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:03 pm
That was quick!

I'm running from emulationstation. The MAME ROM I tried was zalaga. Looking at the output, It looked to me as though PSX was installed. If I remember correctly it said the playstation BIOS had been found, so I assumed PSX must be there.

If I run the setup script again and select source, will it then ask what I want to reinstall? Can I install PSX? or will it fail when compiled.
by petrockblog » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:55 pm
frediokl wrote:That was quick!

I'm running from emulationstation. The MAME ROM I tried was zalaga. Looking at the output, It looked to me as though PSX was installed. If I remember correctly it said the playstation BIOS had been found, so I assumed PSX must be there.

If I run the setup script again and select source, will it then ask what I want to reinstall? Can I install PSX? or will it fail when compiled.

Unfortunately, I do not have the zalaga rom available so I cannot try to run it myself. I tested the PCSX core with Ridge Racer. However, as mentioned above, the PCSX core currently does not compile. I have posted this here, and hopefully someone has a solution for this soon. When you select the source-based installation in the RetroPie Setup Script you will come to another menu where you can select everything to be compiled.
by marqs » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:12 pm
spreeway wrote:Hello!

1. Is anyone else getting freezing while playing NES? I play about 30 seconds to 1 minute and it freezes into every game I've tested.
2. Has anyone been able to get two (2) gamepads working for NES? I have NES to USB adapters connected but I can only get retroarch to recognize one of them.

I think updating the firmware and emulator binaries should fix both of the problems. If the freezes continue with newest FW, I'd next check the power supply.
by spreeway » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:19 pm
marqs wrote:
spreeway wrote:Hello!

I think updating the firmware and emulator binaries should fix both of the problems. If the freezes continue with newest FW, I'd next check the power supply.

I did a raspberry apt-get update and upgrade and retro arch did not crash after this.

Does the retro arch .cfg file need to be changed to support 2 players?
by petrockblog » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:18 am
spreeway wrote:
Does the retro arch .cfg file need to be changed to support 2 players?

You can have a look at the function "enableGameconSnes" (https://github.com/petrockblog/RetroPie ... p.sh#L1130) - that configuration works for me.
by petrockblog » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:43 am
There was at least one critical bug in the recent version of the RetroPie script that lead to an erroneous installation of RetroArch. I committed an update and everything should work again.
Please post, if things are working or if there are any other problems regarding the installation.
by teeth_03 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:29 am
Has the script been updated recently for anything related to the Atari 2600 core? Its been a few weeks messing around with it, but ive been having issues getting player 2 to work in that emulator.

Im going to wait for the next Raspbian to mess around with it more.
by CPOKashue » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:59 am
Control question!

I'm having trouble mapping my joypad to button I on the PC Engine controller. At first I thought it was because I was being lazy and mapped ALL my extra buttons to A or B (I am using a USB NES controller clone) but I went in today and set all my unused button mappings to nul and it still doesn't work. Weirdly, II maps to B on my controller normally, as you might expect. Also while pressing A on my controller doesn't seem to trigger any input in the games, holding A and pressing B pauses them, universally. I only played an actual PC Engine for like an hour at Toys R Us in the 90s so I have no idea if this is expected behavior (Run seems to share the start mapping in retroarch and works normally).

Is anyone else messing with PC Engine games who might have an answer? The games themselves run just fine so I'm thinking this is an ID-10T problem on my part.

PS: you can make it surprisingly far in 1943 Kai using nothing but avoidance and super weapons, as it turns out. You can pretend you're a pacifist and God is protecting you from all the cowardly pilots who resort to violence instead of peace and love.
by blazin » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:16 pm
Aloshi wrote:Hopefully just pushed a fix for the black screen bug when launching certain emulators (tested with ScummVM). It was a really dumb fix. Let me know if there's still a problem.

I'll pull it down and test it tonight :)

Thanks for looking into this I got side tracked and didn't have to keep playing
by blazin » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:32 pm
blazin wrote:
Aloshi wrote:Hopefully just pushed a fix for the black screen bug when launching certain emulators (tested with ScummVM). It was a really dumb fix. Let me know if there's still a problem.

WORKS!!!!

So definitely let's get DGEN included in the RetroPie script!

Yay
by Pendor » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:02 am
blazin wrote:
blazin wrote:

WORKS!!!!

So definitely let's get DGEN included in the RetroPie script!

Yay

I think it's already included.
by petrockblog » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:02 am
I just tested the RetroPie script with a fresh installation based on the "new" Raspbian image. Unfortunately, DGEN and GnGeo are not working correctly: Starting them from the command line I am getting blank screens for DGEN and GnGeo (connected via HDMI). If I start them as normal user (pi) I do not even hear sound. Starting them with sudo plays sound in the background.
If you want to try this out: Both emulators can be exited by pressing ESC.

I hope that this is just some access rights issue that has to be set correctly. I already tried
chmod 777 /dev/fb0

but this does not solve the problem.

I am using the 194/64 MB memory split.

Maybe someone else has an idea?

PS: Just tested scummvm from the command line - the same blank screen behavior. This worked without problems with the "old" Raspbian image.
by adskiremote » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:35 pm
Don't think this has been posted before, apologies if it has...

To configure USB joystick / gamepad for RetroArch run...

retroarch-joyconfig

And to configure DGEN joystick / gamepad...

1) go to .dgen folder - cd .dgen

2) sudo nano dgenrc

and uncomment the joystick lines. Putting your own button numbers corresponding to your joystick / gamepad.

Hope that helps :-)

AdskiRemote
by adskiremote » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:37 pm
Hi,

if anyone has sound issues with DGen - try changing the int_soundrate to 44100

worked for me.
by MrMonotone » Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:12 am
Maybe get some N64 action? Or is the pi not strong enough? (512mb could make up for it?)