Porting Jellybean

8 posts
by minimattapps » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:33 am
Has anyone been able to port jelly bean to some extends, i am about to start but i have no real experience so i will just kinda hack it together :D
by jamesh » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:06 am
Check out the blog post re: ICS porting with acceleration - this is being done by someone at Broadcom. I'm guessing it will be a short hop to JB as its an incremental update.
Volunteer at the Raspberry Pi Foundation, helper at Picademy September and October 2014.
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
by aaa801 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:08 am
jamesh wrote:Check out the blog post re: ICS porting with acceleration - this is being done by someone at Broadcom. I'm guessing it will be a short hop to JB as its an incremental update.

Jellybean is not possible without hardware acceleration,
If broadcom were to release there drivers to us we could start on it..
by jamesh » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:19 am
aaa801 wrote:
jamesh wrote:Check out the blog post re: ICS porting with acceleration - this is being done by someone at Broadcom. I'm guessing it will be a short hop to JB as its an incremental update.

Broadcom are already working on Android (ICS then JB) for Videocore based devices, but the drivers are not finished yet.
Volunteer at the Raspberry Pi Foundation, helper at Picademy September and October 2014.
by aaa801 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:02 pm
jamesh wrote:
aaa801 wrote:

Broadcom are already working on Android (ICS then JB) for Videocore based devices, but the drivers are not finished yet.

ye i know this, we also have jb and ics for the pi, but its useless without there patchs and drivers
by jamesh » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:52 pm
And they will also be pretty useless with unfinished drivers....patience is required.
by cave » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:49 am
Patience....

We want some Android Flavored Pi's

not for hacking. only for increase sales on FanDroids and making it more "girlfriend-friendlier"
http://cavebeat.blogspot.co.at
by dan0 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:03 am
you can run jelly bean without "project butter," that is possible. but the only benifit without hardware acceleration is google now, and voice search being on the device not needing a reliable internet connection like before. but that has been backported to ics anyhow.