sata controller

5 posts
by webheadx1 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:53 pm
can you build 1 with a little extra like an sata controller so i can add some hd,s and roms, i want to use 1 of these for a multimedia pc for my telly many thanks. or has it already got 1?.

i would pay extra for it and maybe a little extra ram maybe a laptop memory slot would be cool as more memory equals more power speed yeaha.

but i would still buy a shed load without it , just an idea as contolers are cheap must be able to add it easy i would have thought i love this gadget its going to be cool.
by grumpyoldgit » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:02 pm
What you are inventing is a PC.
by Vindicator » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:22 pm
I am going to use a controller pulled from a external backup drive that had a 2.5" SATA laptop drive in it.

Drive has mini USB connector and a small controller board that plugs into the drive and powers it off of USB the drive had a 250g drive in it but I am going to use it with a 120G drive that came out of a dead Xbox360.

I have seen many sites that have USB to SATA adapters for reasonable prices as well as docks for the same.

I have some of these for full size drives also recovered from external drives and they use a controller board also that plugs into the drive but use external power to meet the needs of the full size drive(usually 12 volts)
If you are more worried about ,spelling, punctuation or grammar you have probably already missed the point so please just move on.
by Chromatix » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:23 pm
Just attach a SATA drive enclosure via USB.  That's how it would be implemented anyway, since the chip doesn't have SATA built in.
The key to knowledge is not to rely on people to teach you it.
by Jessie » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:25 pm
People, please read the FAQ.  Every time someone dosn't read the faq a small cute kitten gets killed, and my study is starting to stink.

Locked.
Click my website link under my avitar for the RetroPie 2.3 guide in progress.
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator