Geany Color Issues

12 posts
by kaplanfx » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:42 pm
Is anyone else using geany on pisces? I installed it using the standard apt-get install geany (I made sure to refresh the package listing). It seems to work fine however the color scheme for the editor window is really broken. It uses teal and green and the font color for some syntax highlighting is the same as the background. I found some color schemes through the geany site and installed them as well, but they are also broken and do not match the description.

-kap
by dihm » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:38 pm
I'm actually having this same issue with the new Wheezy Beta image, so maybe it's more of a general "Wheezy" thing?
by kaplanfx » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:39 pm
dihm wrote:I'm actually having this same issue with the new Wheezy Beta image, so maybe it's more of a general "Wheezy" thing?

Could be, when I get a moment I'll install a minimal wheezy image in a vm directly from Debian and see if the issue is upstream. If it is, I'll report it.

-kap
by KenT » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:09 pm
I have the same problem on wheezy beta. You can get a marginally better colour scheme by view>editor>colour scheme>alternate.

If I run Geany via tightvnc on my windows 7 PC the background colours of the Geany editor are now white; all the other colours on the screen are unchanged from the normal display ones. Odd?
Pi Presents - A toolkit to produce multi-media interactive displays for museums, visitor centres, and more
Download from http://pipresents.wordpress.com
by kaplanfx » Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:08 am
kaplanfx wrote:
dihm wrote:I'm actually having this same issue with the new Wheezy Beta image, so maybe it's more of a general "Wheezy" thing?

Could be, when I get a moment I'll install a minimal wheezy image in a vm directly from Debian and see if the issue is upstream. If it is, I'll report it.

-kap

Ok, so I checked out the official Debian Wheezy Alpha (amd64) in a VM on my Lion host. No issues for geany with that config.

-kap
by jeffhaddow » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:31 pm
I have the same problem. I downloaded and installed Geany -- the programming utility.

And, I don't know if its Wheezy related (although it was not a problem with Squeezy) the editor window is overlayd by a "blue-green transparent film. I.e. the editor window is not white.

I have tried to cure the problem by installing *.conf files in the /usr/share/geany/colorschemes directory but this does not cure the problem.

Any suggestions welcome!

All the best
Jeff
by Narf03 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:57 am
same issue here, some character have almost the same color as the background, so its not readable at all.
by bbncomms » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:34 am
Latest upgrade appears to have cured this. Last Friday was still a problem but after upgrading today automatically white background.
by jeffhaddow » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:28 am
bbncomms wrote:Latest upgrade appears to have cured this. Last Friday was still a problem but after upgrading today automatically white background.

thanks for your post -- Upgraded too, and problem solved :)

All the best
Jeff
by dom » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:30 am
jeffhaddow wrote:
bbncomms wrote:Latest upgrade appears to have cured this. Last Friday was still a problem but after upgrading today automatically white background.

Can you just confirm, this was an "apt-get upgrade" rather than a "rpi-update" ?
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
by jeffhaddow » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:03 pm
dom wrote:
jeffhaddow wrote:

Can you just confirm, this was an "apt-get upgrade" rather than a "rpi-update" ?

Yes I used "sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade" to update and this cured the problem with Geany.

All the best
Jeff
by kaplanfx » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:38 am
Just wanted to chime in and say it's fixed for me as well, just ran my first python prog on the pi, it's working nicely.

-kap