Gstreamer 1.0 for raspbian


141 posts   Page 6 of 6   1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
by Defiant » Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:44 pm
I have updated the Gstreamer packages (base, good, bad, ugly) to Version 1.2.4.
Compared with Gstreamer in Debian the following elements have been disabled because of missing dependencies in Raspbian Wheezy:
-bad: mplex, sbc & webp
-good: vpx

Gst-openmax has also been updated to 1.2.

The following new packages have been added:
-python-gst-1.0
-python3-gst-1.0
-libgstrtspserver-1.0-0
-libgstrtspserver-1.0-dev
-gir1.2-gst-rtsp-server-1.0

Also the packages and repository are now signed with my pgp-key 0C667A3E.

Please note that this is the last version I'll compile for Raspbian Wheezy, beginning with 1.4 Gstreamer requires more up to date packages.
Posts: 148
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:17 pm
Location: Hamburg, Germany
by gkreidl » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:26 am
Defiant wrote:Also the packages and repository are now signed with my pgp-key 0C667A3E.


How can I add that key? At the moment apt-get update does not accept parts of your repository.
Minimal Kiosk Browser
Slim, fast webkit browser with support for audio+video+playlists+youtube+pdf+download
Optional fullscreen kiosk mode and command interface for embedded applications
Includes omxplayerGUI, an X front end for omxplayer
Posts: 1378
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:07 pm
by gkreidl » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:48 am
gkreidl wrote:How can I add that key? At the moment apt-get update does not accept parts of your repository.


solved using:
Code: Select all
gpg --recv-keys 0C667A3E
gpg -a --export 0C667A3E | sudo apt-key add -


but still the following packages are not upgraded (hold back):
gstreamer1.0-plugins-bad gstreamer1.0-plugins-bad-dbg
gstreamer1.0-plugins-good libgstreamer-plugins-bad1.0-0
Minimal Kiosk Browser
Slim, fast webkit browser with support for audio+video+playlists+youtube+pdf+download
Optional fullscreen kiosk mode and command interface for embedded applications
Includes omxplayerGUI, an X front end for omxplayer
Posts: 1378
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:07 pm
by Defiant » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:41 pm
Strange, I have tested that on a separate installation. Do you have en entry in /etc/apt/preferences or /etc/apt/preferences.d/?

Can you paste the output of the following commands:
Code: Select all
apt-cache policy gstreamer1.0-plugins-bad
apt-get install gstreamer1.0-plugins-bad


Also, are you on irc?
Posts: 148
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:17 pm
Location: Hamburg, Germany
by gkreidl » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:53 pm
I meanwhile ran an upgrade with Synaptic. It seems to work, although there was an error at the end.

Code: Select all
apt-cache policy gstreamer1.0-plugins-bad
gstreamer1.0-plugins-bad:
  Installiert:           1.2.4-1.1
  Installationskandidat: 1.2.4-1.1
  Versionstabelle:
 *** 1.2.4-1.1 0
        500 http://vontaene.de/raspbian-updates/ ./main armhf Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
Minimal Kiosk Browser
Slim, fast webkit browser with support for audio+video+playlists+youtube+pdf+download
Optional fullscreen kiosk mode and command interface for embedded applications
Includes omxplayerGUI, an X front end for omxplayer
Posts: 1378
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:07 pm
by Defiant » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:56 pm
So you are now on the latest version, what was the error?
Posts: 148
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:17 pm
Location: Hamburg, Germany
by thassan » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:08 pm
Hi, newbie here.
I have been using gstreamer successfully for the past couple of months on a model B Pi with NOOBS. However, today I installed the latest raspbian (09-09-2014) and when I try to install gstreamer i get the following output (see the last few lines):
Code: Select all
pi@pi2 ~ $ sudo apt-get install gstreamer1.0
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Note, selecting 'libgstreamer1.0-dev' for regex 'gstreamer1.0'
Note, selecting 'gstreamer1.0-plugins-base' for regex 'gstreamer1.0'
Note, selecting 'gstreamer1.0-audiosource' for regex 'gstreamer1.0'
Note, selecting 'gstreamer1.0-audiosink' for regex 'gstreamer1.0'
Note, selecting 'libgstreamer1.0-0' for regex 'gstreamer1.0'
Note, selecting 'gstreamer1.0-visualization' for regex 'gstreamer1.0'
Note, selecting 'libgstreamer1.0-0-dbg' for regex 'gstreamer1.0'
Note, selecting 'gstreamer1.0-omx-dbg' for regex 'gstreamer1.0'
Note, selecting 'gstreamer1.0-plugins-ugly' for regex 'gstreamer1.0'
Note, selecting 'gstreamer1.0-plugins-base-dbg' for regex 'gstreamer1.0'
Note, selecting 'gstreamer1.0-plugins-base-doc' for regex 'gstreamer1.0'
Note, selecting 'gstreamer1.0-gnomevfs' for regex 'gstreamer1.0'
Note, selecting 'gstreamer1.0-doc' for regex 'gstreamer1.0'
Note, selecting 'gstreamer1.0-plugins-bad' for regex 'gstreamer1.0'
Note, selecting 'gstreamer1.0-plugins-base-apps' for regex 'gstreamer1.0'
Note, selecting 'gstreamer1.0-tools' for regex 'gstreamer1.0'
Note, selecting 'gstreamer1.0-omx' for regex 'gstreamer1.0'
Note, selecting 'gstreamer1.0-libav' for regex 'gstreamer1.0'
Note, selecting 'gstreamer1.0-plugins-good' for regex 'gstreamer1.0'
Note, selecting 'gstreamer1.0-plugins-bad-dbg' for regex 'gstreamer1.0'
Note, selecting 'gstreamer1.0-plugins-bad-doc' for regex 'gstreamer1.0'
Note, selecting 'gstreamer1.0-videosink' for regex 'gstreamer1.0'
Note, selecting 'gstreamer1.0-videosource' for regex 'gstreamer1.0'
Note, selecting 'gstreamer1.0-pulseaudio' for regex 'gstreamer1.0'
Note, selecting 'gstreamer1.0-plugins-ugly-dbg' for regex 'gstreamer1.0'
Note, selecting 'gstreamer1.0-plugins-good-dbg' for regex 'gstreamer1.0'
Note, selecting 'gstreamer1.0-plugins-ugly-doc' for regex 'gstreamer1.0'
Note, selecting 'gstreamer1.0-alsa' for regex 'gstreamer1.0'
Note, selecting 'gstreamer1.0-plugins-good-doc' for regex 'gstreamer1.0'
Note, selecting 'gstreamer1.0-libav-dbg' for regex 'gstreamer1.0'
Note, selecting 'gstreamer1.0-x' for regex 'gstreamer1.0'
gstreamer1.0-alsa is already the newest version.
gstreamer1.0-omx is already the newest version.
gstreamer1.0-plugins-bad is already the newest version.
gstreamer1.0-plugins-bad set to manually installed.
gstreamer1.0-plugins-bad-dbg is already the newest version.
gstreamer1.0-plugins-base is already the newest version.
gstreamer1.0-plugins-base set to manually installed.
gstreamer1.0-plugins-good is already the newest version.
gstreamer1.0-tools is already the newest version.
gstreamer1.0-x is already the newest version.
gstreamer1.0-x set to manually installed.
libgstreamer1.0-0 is already the newest version.
libgstreamer1.0-0 set to manually installed.
libgstreamer1.0-0-dbg is already the newest version.
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 gstreamer1.0-omx-dbg : Depends: gstreamer1.0-omx (= 1.0.0.1-0+rpi12rpi1) but 1.2.0-1 is to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

I have added deb http://vontaene.de/raspbian-updates/ . main to /etc/apt/sources.list and have also done what gkreidl suggested
gkreidl wrote:solved using:
Code: Select all
gpg --recv-keys 0C667A3E
gpg -a --export 0C667A3E | sudo apt-key add -


If anyone has a solution please let me know. I really need to get this working soon.
Thanks in advance.
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:47 pm
Location: Centurion, South Africa
by Defiant » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:21 pm
You have a package gstreamer1.0-omx-dbg from an unknown origin. Since I never created such a package its not coming from me which does not make it my fault :))

Please post the output of
Code: Select all
apt-cache policy gstreamer1.0-omx-dbg
Posts: 148
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:17 pm
Location: Hamburg, Germany
by fruitoftheloom » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:54 pm
thassan wrote:Hi, newbie here.
I have been using gstreamer successfully for the past couple of months on a model B Pi with NOOBS. However, today I installed the latest raspbian (09-09-2014) and when I try to install gstreamer i get the following output (see the last few lines):
Code: Select all
pi@pi2 ~ $ sudo apt-get install gstreamer1.0
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Note, selecting 'libgstreamer1.0-dev' for regex 'gstreamer1.0'
Note, selecting 'gstreamer1.0-plugins-base' for regex 'gstreamer1.0'
Note, selecting 'gstreamer1.0-audiosource' for regex 'gstreamer1.0'
Note, selecting 'gstreamer1.0-audiosink' for regex 'gstreamer1.0'
Note, selecting 'libgstreamer1.0-0' for regex 'gstreamer1.0'
Note, selecting 'gstreamer1.0-visualization' for regex 'gstreamer1.0'
Note, selecting 'libgstreamer1.0-0-dbg' for regex 'gstreamer1.0'
Note, selecting 'gstreamer1.0-omx-dbg' for regex 'gstreamer1.0'
Note, selecting 'gstreamer1.0-plugins-ugly' for regex 'gstreamer1.0'
Note, selecting 'gstreamer1.0-plugins-base-dbg' for regex 'gstreamer1.0'
Note, selecting 'gstreamer1.0-plugins-base-doc' for regex 'gstreamer1.0'
Note, selecting 'gstreamer1.0-gnomevfs' for regex 'gstreamer1.0'
Note, selecting 'gstreamer1.0-doc' for regex 'gstreamer1.0'
Note, selecting 'gstreamer1.0-plugins-bad' for regex 'gstreamer1.0'
Note, selecting 'gstreamer1.0-plugins-base-apps' for regex 'gstreamer1.0'
Note, selecting 'gstreamer1.0-tools' for regex 'gstreamer1.0'
Note, selecting 'gstreamer1.0-omx' for regex 'gstreamer1.0'
Note, selecting 'gstreamer1.0-libav' for regex 'gstreamer1.0'
Note, selecting 'gstreamer1.0-plugins-good' for regex 'gstreamer1.0'
Note, selecting 'gstreamer1.0-plugins-bad-dbg' for regex 'gstreamer1.0'
Note, selecting 'gstreamer1.0-plugins-bad-doc' for regex 'gstreamer1.0'
Note, selecting 'gstreamer1.0-videosink' for regex 'gstreamer1.0'
Note, selecting 'gstreamer1.0-videosource' for regex 'gstreamer1.0'
Note, selecting 'gstreamer1.0-pulseaudio' for regex 'gstreamer1.0'
Note, selecting 'gstreamer1.0-plugins-ugly-dbg' for regex 'gstreamer1.0'
Note, selecting 'gstreamer1.0-plugins-good-dbg' for regex 'gstreamer1.0'
Note, selecting 'gstreamer1.0-plugins-ugly-doc' for regex 'gstreamer1.0'
Note, selecting 'gstreamer1.0-alsa' for regex 'gstreamer1.0'
Note, selecting 'gstreamer1.0-plugins-good-doc' for regex 'gstreamer1.0'
Note, selecting 'gstreamer1.0-libav-dbg' for regex 'gstreamer1.0'
Note, selecting 'gstreamer1.0-x' for regex 'gstreamer1.0'
gstreamer1.0-alsa is already the newest version.
gstreamer1.0-omx is already the newest version.
gstreamer1.0-plugins-bad is already the newest version.
gstreamer1.0-plugins-bad set to manually installed.
gstreamer1.0-plugins-bad-dbg is already the newest version.
gstreamer1.0-plugins-base is already the newest version.
gstreamer1.0-plugins-base set to manually installed.
gstreamer1.0-plugins-good is already the newest version.
gstreamer1.0-tools is already the newest version.
gstreamer1.0-x is already the newest version.
gstreamer1.0-x set to manually installed.
libgstreamer1.0-0 is already the newest version.
libgstreamer1.0-0 set to manually installed.
libgstreamer1.0-0-dbg is already the newest version.
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 gstreamer1.0-omx-dbg : Depends: gstreamer1.0-omx (= 1.0.0.1-0+rpi12rpi1) but 1.2.0-1 is to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

I have added deb http://vontaene.de/raspbian-updates/ . main to /etc/apt/sources.list and have also done what gkreidl suggested
gkreidl wrote:solved using:
Code: Select all
gpg --recv-keys 0C667A3E
gpg -a --export 0C667A3E | sudo apt-key add -


If anyone has a solution please let me know. I really need to get this working soon.
Thanks in advance.

It would appear that the Vontaene GStreamer conflicts with the RPi version in the latest image or installed by undertaking dist-upgrade viewtopic.php?f=63&t=85908&p=606726&hilit=vontaene#p606663
IS THERE AN ECHO IN HERE ?
Posts: 2255
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:40 pm
Location: Bognor Regis UK
by Defiant » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:09 pm
Oh great, and no one told me...

Try this. Create a file /etc/apt/preferences.d/gstreamer with the following contents:
Code: Select all
Package: *
Pin: origin archive.raspberrypi.org
Pin-Priority: 1001


then do a dist-upgrade. Then remove the just created file and vontaene.de from sources.list
Posts: 148
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:17 pm
Location: Hamburg, Germany
by fruitoftheloom » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:53 pm
Defiant wrote:Oh great, and no one told me...

Try this. Create a file /etc/apt/preferences.d/gstreamer with the following contents:
Code: Select all
Package: *
Pin: origin archive.raspberrypi.org
Pin-Priority: 1001


then do a dist-upgrade. Then remove the just created file and vontaene.de from sources.list

Unfortunately Collobora who were tasked with compiling Web (Epiphany) Browser on the RPF's behalf have requested an upgrade of many packages so Raspbian Wheezy is no longer a clone of Debian 7.6 ARMHF.

IMHO the time would of been better spent on Debian Jessie 8 (as it is reasonably solid) and compile Maynard & Epiphany etcetera.. The RPF could call it its own Distro :shock:
IS THERE AN ECHO IN HERE ?
Posts: 2255
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:40 pm
Location: Bognor Regis UK
by thassan » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:46 am
Defiant wrote:Oh great, and no one told me...

Try this. Create a file /etc/apt/preferences.d/gstreamer with the following contents:
Code: Select all
Package: *
Pin: origin archive.raspberrypi.org
Pin-Priority: 1001


then do a dist-upgrade. Then remove the just created file and vontaene.de from sources.list


Thanks that worked and I was able to install gstreamer successfully, but now my stream is not working anymore.
On the Pi I'm using the following:
Code: Select all
pi@pi2 ~ $ raspivid -w 640 -h 480 -fps 20 -b 10000000 -t 0 -o | gst-launch-1.0 -v fdsrc ! h264parse ! rtph264pay config-interval=10 pt=96 ! udpsink host=172.17.100.221 port=9000
and on a windows machine to receive the stream I'm using:
Code: Select all
C:\gstreamer\1.0\x86\bin\gst-launch-1.0 -v udpsrc port=9000 caps="application/x-rtp, media=(string)video, clock-rate=(int)90000, encoding-name=(string)H264" ! rtph264depay ! avdec_h264 ! videoconvert ! autovideosink sync=false

This used to work perfectly before the update with minimal lag. But now I'm not receiving anything. Maybe I need to change something in the pipeline?
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:47 pm
Location: Centurion, South Africa
by thassan » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:51 am
Ah never mind, just did a reboot again and it seems to be working now.
Thanks for the help and the quick responses.
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:47 pm
Location: Centurion, South Africa
by Stetanchi » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:00 pm
Hi there,

I am having the same issue with installing gstreamer1.0
I tried this
Try this. Create a file /etc/apt/preferences.d/gstreamer with the following contents:

Code: Select all
Package: *
Pin: origin archive.raspberrypi.org
Pin-Priority: 1001

then do a dist-upgrade. Then remove the just created file and vontaene.de from sources.list

But without success.

"apt-get install gstreamer1.0" still terminates with the following error message:
Code: Select all
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 gstreamer1.0-omx-dbg : Depends: gstreamer1.0-omx (= 1.0.0.1-0+rpi12rpi1) but 1.2.0-1 is to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

Output of "apt-cache policy gstreamer1.0-omx-dbg":
Code: Select all
root@pi1:~# apt-cache policy gstreamer1.0-omx-dbg
gstreamer1.0-omx-dbg:
  Installed: (none)
  Candidate: 1.0.0.1-0+rpi12rpi1
  Version table:
     1.0.0.1-0+rpi12rpi1 0
        500 http://archive.raspberrypi.org/debian/ wheezy/main armhf Packages

Any hint how to get gstreamer installed?
Thanks, Stefan.
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:51 pm
by Defiant » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:18 am
Stetanchi wrote:"apt-get install gstreamer1.0" still terminates with the following error message:

did you execute "install" or "dist-upgrade"?

If it still does not work on upgrade try apt-get install gstreamer1.0-omx=1.0.0.1-0+rpi12rpi1

Also you probably don't need the dbg-package...
Posts: 148
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:17 pm
Location: Hamburg, Germany
by Stetanchi » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:35 am
Hi Defiant,

first I executed "apt-get update" and then "apt-get dist-upgrade"
I will give it try with your suggestion tonight.

Thanks, Stefan.
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:51 pm