WiFi on RaspBMC but not Raspbian


34 posts   Page 1 of 2   1, 2
by MattPoat » Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:27 pm
OK, I have a conundrum. I have 1 x SD running the latest Raspbian distro and another running RaspBMC.

I have managed to get my Edimax wifi dongle working on RaspBMC using the instructions found at the bottom of this message, but the same method does not work on Raspbian. On Raspbian I get:

Configuring network interfaces...rfkill: Cannot open RFKILL control device
Could not read interface wlan0 flags: No such device
WEXT: Could not set interface 'wlan0' UP
Wlan0: Failed to initialize driver interface
Failed to bring up wlan0.
cat: /sys/class/net/wlan0/operstate: No such file or directory

Anyone have any ideas where I am going wrong?

Matthew




How I Setup Wifi on My Raspberry Pi

If networking available
1.    Sudo nano /etc/apt/sources.list
2.    Add "non-free" to each entry without the quote marks
3.    Sudo apt-get update
4.    Sudo apt-get install wget wireless-tools net-tools aptitude wpasupplicant firmware-realtek
5.    Sudo wget http://db.tt/i10Dt561
6.    Sudo tar -xvf 8192cu.tgz

If no networking available
1.    Insert USB stick with 8192cu.ko on it
2.    Sudo mkdir –p /mnt/pen
3.    Sudo mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/pen
4.    cd /mnt/pen/wifi
5.    cp 8192cu.ko /home/pi
6.    cd /home/pi

RaspBMC
Sudo mv 8192cu.ko /lib/modules/3.1.9-test-12-06/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/

Raspbian
Sudo mv 8192cu.ko /lib/modules/3.1.9+/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/
OR
Sudo mv 8192cu.ko /lib/modules/3.1.9-cutdown+/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/

sudo depmod -a
sudo nano /etc/modules
Add "8192cu"
sudo bash -c "echo blacklist rtl8192cu >> /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf"
sudo nano /etc/network/interfaces
Modify to the following:
    auto lo
    iface lo inet loopback
    iface eth0 inet dhcp
    allow-hotplug wlan0
    auto wlan0
    iface wlan0 inet dhcp
    pre-up wpa_supplicant -Dwext -i wlan0 –c /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf -B
sudo nano /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf
Modify to the following:
    ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant
    network={
    proto=RSN
    scan_ssid=1
    key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
    pairwise=CCMP TKIP
    group=CCMP TKIP
    ssid="your network ID in quote marks"
    psk="your network password in quote marks"
    }
"I'm selling these fine leather jackets"
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:25 pm
Location: Towcester, Northants
by tbar » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:11 am
Try replacing:
psk="your network password in quote marks"
with:
psk=your network password NOT in quote marks
Posts: 98
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:10 am
by tbar » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:14 am
It might also be that your PSK is in cleartext. Try replacing psk with the output of the following command:

wpa_passphrase your_ssid your_psk
Posts: 98
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:10 am
by MrEngman » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:38 am
The driver that works with raspBMC does not work with raspbian.

Download and install this one instead. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/80256631/8192cu-latest.tar.gz
Simplicity is a prerequisite for reliability. Edsger W. Dijkstra
Posts: 1843
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:17 pm
Location: Southampton, UK
by MattPoat » Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:38 pm
With regards to the PSK comments, on some of my re-installations I have done both of your suggestions (remove quotes and type as hexcode) but I don't think this is where my issue lies.

I will try with the different driver but just out of interest, should I put it in:

Sudo mv 8192cu.ko /lib/modules/3.1.9+/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/
OR
Sudo mv 8192cu.ko /lib/modules/3.1.9-cutdown+/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/

Or should I put it in both?

Matthew
"I'm selling these fine leather jackets"
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:25 pm
Location: Towcester, Northants
by MrEngman » Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:20 pm
MattPoat wrote:With regards to the PSK comments, on some of my re-installations I have done both of your suggestions (remove quotes and type as hexcode) but I don't think this is where my issue lies.

I will try with the different driver but just out of interest, should I put it in:

Sudo mv 8192cu.ko /lib/modules/3.1.9+/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/
OR
Sudo mv 8192cu.ko /lib/modules/3.1.9-cutdown+/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/

Or should I put it in both?

Matthew

The first should be the right one, but to make sure it has the right permissions use the command

sudo install -p -m 644 8192cu.ko /lib/modules/3.1.9+/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/

For psk password - quotation marks for plain text - psk="xyz", none for hex encoded password - psk=1234.
Simplicity is a prerequisite for reliability. Edsger W. Dijkstra
Posts: 1843
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:17 pm
Location: Southampton, UK
by MattPoat » Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:44 pm
MrEngman wrote:The first should be the right one, but to make sure it has the right permissions use the command

sudo install -p -m 644 8192cu.ko /lib/modules/3.1.9+/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/

For psk password - quotation marks for plain text - psk="xyz", none for hex encoded password - psk=1234.


Spot on, Im now up and running with my Edimax usb wifi dongle plugged direct into Pi usb port on Raspbian thanks to the alternative 8192cu.ko file and location permissions. Thanks MrEngman

Matthew
"I'm selling these fine leather jackets"
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:25 pm
Location: Towcester, Northants
by chrisborrill » Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:30 am
Followed this for Raspbian, my config file look like those described, but it did not work, saying it could not find wpasupplicant, so I executed:

Code: Select all
sudo apt-get install wget wireless-tools net-tools aptitude wpasupplicant


but now when I do:

Code: Select all
ifup wlan0


I get:

Code: Select all
rfkill: Cannot open RFKILL control device
Could not read interface wlan0 flags: No such device
WEXT: Could not set interface 'wlan0' UP
wlan0: Failed to initialize driver interface
Failed to bring up wlan0.


Any ideas what I have got wrong, thanks.

Chris
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:12 am
by MrEngman » Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:48 pm
chrisborrill wrote:Followed this for Raspbian, my config file look like those described, but it did not work, saying it could not find wpasupplicant, so I executed:
.
.
Any ideas what I have got wrong, thanks.

Chris

reboot. What happens then? If you have no wifi what does the command "sudo lsmod" show? You should see an entry for 8192cu. If not then the 8192cu.ko driver module is not installed or you have the wrong version.

If you see module 8192cu is installed then you need to check the files that are updated to enable the wifi are correct.
Simplicity is a prerequisite for reliability. Edsger W. Dijkstra
Posts: 1843
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:17 pm
Location: Southampton, UK
by MattPoat » Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:57 pm
Just to add, during startup I still get the following message:

Configuring network interfaces...rfkill: Cannot open RFKILL control device

But the blue light on the dongle starts flashing & connection is good.

Matthew
"I'm selling these fine leather jackets"
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:25 pm
Location: Towcester, Northants
by MattPoat » Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:27 pm
Also the wifi dongle doesn't autostart when unit is powered up but because hotplug is enabled, you can just remove and then re-insert the dongle and then the blue light starts flashing.

If anyone can advise how I can fix this autostart issue, i'd be interested.

Matthew
"I'm selling these fine leather jackets"
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:25 pm
Location: Towcester, Northants
by chrisborrill » Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:33 pm
reboot. What happens then? If you have no wifi what does the command "sudo lsmod" show? You should see an entry for 8192cu. If not then the 8192cu.ko driver module is not installed or you have the wrong version.


Reboot made no difference. lsmod showed no modules, which seems strange? I download the library again and installed again, with:

wget http://dl.dropbox.com/u/80256631/8192cu-latest.tar.gz
tar -xvf 8192cu-latest.tar.gz
install -p -m 644 8192cu.ko /lib/modules/3.1.9+/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/
depmod -a

but lsmod still showed nothing. I am logged in as root.

thanks,
Chris
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:12 am
by MrEngman » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:52 pm
chrisborrill wrote:
reboot. What happens then? If you have no wifi what does the command "sudo lsmod" show? You should see an entry for 8192cu. If not then the 8192cu.ko driver module is not installed or you have the wrong version.


Reboot made no difference. lsmod showed no modules, which seems strange? I download the library again and installed again, with:

wget http://dl.dropbox.com/u/80256631/8192cu-latest.tar.gz
tar -xvf 8192cu-latest.tar.gz
install -p -m 644 8192cu.ko /lib/modules/3.1.9+/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/
depmod -a

but lsmod still showed nothing. I am logged in as root.

thanks,
Chris

You've probably got the wrong version of the driver. 8192cu-latest.tar.gz (currently AKA 8192cu-20120726.tar.gz) works with linux version #202. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/80256631/8192cu-20120701.tar.gz works with linux versions between #144 and #174 inclusive. You can check your linux version with command "uname -v"
Simplicity is a prerequisite for reliability. Edsger W. Dijkstra
Posts: 1843
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:17 pm
Location: Southampton, UK
by ma21dw » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:14 pm
Hi MrEngman, re:your response to someone else

>>reboot. What happens then? If you have no wifi what does the command "sudo lsmod" show?...
If you see module 8192cu is installed then you need to check the files that are updated to enable the wifi are correct.

I do see module 8192cu, so what should I be checking is correct and what files?

"sudo ifup wlan0" returns "Failed to bring up wlan0" after a number of DHCPDISCOVERS followed by No DHCPOFFERS received

Thanks for countless excellent replies and the hard work put into writing the script(s)!
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:09 pm
by ma21dw » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:10 pm
Ive somehwat fixed my problem. It was not at all a problem with MrEngmans script which wasa breeze to follow, but instead seems to be a conflict between peripherels attached via a powered usb hub. I can use any two of my mouse, keyboard and wifi dongle at once but not all three. Rebooting the pi with only the wifi dongle attached to the hub enables the wifi to connect fine fixing my previous query. I can then attach the keyboard and type away, pinging Google.com to ensure the wifi is still connected. If i startx and attach the mouse it wont move. If i detach the keyboard it will move. Attaching the keyboard again means i cant type until i detach the mouse. Very odd. I havent resolved this issue but am more than happy to discard the mouse, at leasr the wifi is working now.
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:09 pm
by MrEngman » Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:21 pm
ma21dw wrote:Hi MrEngman, re:your response to someone else

>>reboot. What happens then? If you have no wifi what does the command "sudo lsmod" show?...
If you see module 8192cu is installed then you need to check the files that are updated to enable the wifi are correct.

I do see module 8192cu, so what should I be checking is correct and what files?

"sudo ifup wlan0" returns "Failed to bring up wlan0" after a number of DHCPDISCOVERS followed by No DHCPOFFERS received

Thanks for countless excellent replies and the hard work put into writing the script(s)!

What response do you see for the command "iwlist wlan0 scan"? If the driver is installed and the wifi is plugged in it should show a list of wireless access points nearby even if you cannot connect because the set up files are not right.

First /etc/network/interfaces. It should have a single entry something like
Code: Select all
allow-hotplug wlan0

auto wlan0

iface wlan0 inet dhcp
wpa-ssid "NETWORK SSID"    (or wireless-essid NETWORK PASSWORD if WEP)
wpa-psk "NETWORK PASSWORD"  (or wireless-key NETWORK PASSWORD if WEP)
SSID and PASSWORD in quotation marks for WPA/WPA2, no quotation marks for WEP

Are the ssid and password OK? Many non-alphanumeric characters cause problems if used in the ssid or password. Also does your access point transmit its ssid. If not the wifi won't connect, why I'm not sure. Allow the access point to transmit the ssid.

Others are /etc/modules (which is probably OK as the module is loaded) Should have a line with "8192cu". And /etc/modeprobe.d/blacklist.conf which should contain a line "blacklist rtl8192cu" to disable the driver included that does not work with the rtl8188cus.
Simplicity is a prerequisite for reliability. Edsger W. Dijkstra
Posts: 1843
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:17 pm
Location: Southampton, UK
by nigelp » Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:52 pm
MrEngman wrote:The driver that works with raspBMC does not work with raspbian.

Download and install this one instead. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/80256631/8192cu-latest.tar.gz


MrEngman, is there any possibility you could provide a simple guide for Raspbmc like you did for Raspbian for us newbies, so we can get wifi working? I got raspbian working fine with your script, but now I'm lost again.
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:34 pm
by MrEngman » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:08 pm
nigelp wrote:
MrEngman wrote:The driver that works with raspBMC does not work with raspbian.

Download and install this one instead. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/80256631/8192cu-latest.tar.gz


MrEngman, is there any possibility you could provide a simple guide for Raspbmc like you did for Raspbian for us newbies, so we can get wifi working? I got raspbian working fine with your script, but now I'm lost again.


Hi nigelp,

There is a new script which will load the rtl8188cus driver on to raspBMC. Do not plug in the wifi adapter before the script asks you to. It may hang if the wifi adapter is plugged in before the driver is ready for it.

As the installation of raspBMC relies on a wired internet connection to the Pi the script also requires a wired internet connection and so all files, including the script, can be loaded directly from the internet after the raspBMC installation has finished.

First exit from the gui. Select exit from the shutdown dialog box and when the screen goes blank press the ESC character - may be multiple times. A log on prompt should appear after a while. Log on using user name pi and password raspberry. You will then need to download the script and configure it to run. Use the following commands
Code: Select all
wget http://dl.dropbox.com/u/80256631/install-raspBMC-rtl8188cus-20120801.sh
sudo chmod 700 ./install-raspBMC-rtl8188cus-20120801.sh
sudo ./install-raspBMC-rtl8188cus-20120801.sh
which will download it, configure it to be able to run and then start the script. It should handle unsecured, WEP and WPA networks but I've only checked with WPA.

The script will first update the software packages list and update any that need to be updated and then install the wireless tools. The driver will then be downloaded and temporarily installed so a check can be made that it will work. A scan of local wifi access points is attempted. If any access points are displayed the wifi should work so select the continue option using key press y then the driver is permanently installed.

Follow the instructions output on screen. It will ask you about network security type, unsecured, WEP or WPA and for the network name, SSID, and network password when needed. You will need to press a key to continue several times to step through the final stages of the installation when the Network Manager wifi configuration file is set up, just to keep you occupied. When the script finishes it will reboot the system and your wifi should then be up and running.

From my observations when the gui is running the wifi may or may not keep running. I've also had the mouse stop working and the wifi keep running. It's just not at all reliable. In my opinion this is, at least in part, down to the general USB software and not specifically due to any issues with the wifi driver. It could be my mouse, keyboard or hub but still my favorite is the way the USB software works, or doesn't. It's certainly not a PSU problem.

Hope this is OK. Let me know what happens.

MrEngman
Simplicity is a prerequisite for reliability. Edsger W. Dijkstra
Posts: 1843
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:17 pm
Location: Southampton, UK
by nigelp » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:11 pm
Amazing, thanks so much for this help. I'm now SO close. :)

So the script install and updates etc all work perfectly I think, and it finds the local access points after I plug in the WiFi dongle.

But

When I press Q to continue the script something fails, which looks something like this:

resolving http://dd.tt failed

I then press twice to continue and the system reboots.

Then

On boot up I get a

'failed to mount local file system'

and then it goes into XBMC after a while, and the blue light on the Wifi dongle flashes once. If I then try and refresh the weather it says

Connection Found - rpi-cecd

But nothing happens on the refresh and if I check the system settings there's no network or MAC address info in there at all.

Did I do something stupid?



MrEngman wrote:
nigelp wrote:
MrEngman wrote:The driver that works with raspBMC does not work with raspbian.

Download and install this one instead. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/80256631/8192cu-latest.tar.gz


MrEngman, is there any possibility you could provide a simple guide for Raspbmc like you did for Raspbian for us newbies, so we can get wifi working? I got raspbian working fine with your script, but now I'm lost again.


Hi nigelp,

There is a new script which will load the rtl8188cus driver on to raspBMC. Do not plug in the wifi adapter before the script asks you to. It may hang if the wifi adapter is plugged in before the driver is ready for it.

As the installation of raspBMC relies on a wired internet connection to the Pi the script also requires a wired internet connection and so all files, including the script, can be loaded directly from the internet after the raspBMC installation has finished.

First exit from the gui. Select exit from the shutdown dialog box and when the screen goes blank press the ESC character - may be multiple times. A log on prompt should appear after a while. Log on using user name pi and password raspberry. You will then need to download the script and configure it to run. Use the following commands
Code: Select all
wget http://dl.dropbox.com/u/80256631/install-raspBMC-rtl8188cus-20120801.sh
sudo chmod 700 ./install-raspBMC-rtl8188cus-20120801.sh
sudo ./install-raspBMC-rtl8188cus-20120801.sh
which will download it, configure it to be able to run and then start the script. It should handle unsecured, WEP and WPA networks but I've only checked with WPA.

The script will first update the software packages list and update any that need to be updated and then install the wireless tools. The driver will then be downloaded and temporarily installed so a check can be made that it will work. A scan of local wifi access points is attempted. If any access points are displayed the wifi should work so select the continue option using key press y then the driver is permanently installed.

Follow the instructions output on screen. It will ask you about network security type, unsecured, WEP or WPA and for the network name, SSID, and network password when needed. You will need to press a key to continue several times to step through the final stages of the installation when the Network Manager wifi configuration file is set up, just to keep you occupied. When the script finishes it will reboot the system and your wifi should then be up and running.

From my observations when the gui is running the wifi may or may not keep running. I've also had the mouse stop working and the wifi keep running. It's just not at all reliable. In my opinion this is, at least in part, down to the general USB software and not specifically due to any issues with the wifi driver. It could be my mouse, keyboard or hub but still my favorite is the way the USB software works, or doesn't. It's certainly not a PSU problem.

Hope this is OK. Let me know what happens.

MrEngman
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:34 pm
by MrEngman » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:06 pm
nigelp wrote:Amazing, thanks so much for this help. I'm now SO close. :)

So the script install and updates etc all work perfectly I think, and it finds the local access points after I plug in the WiFi dongle.

But

When I press Q to continue the script something fails, which looks something like this:

resolving http://dd.tt failed
.
.
Did I do something stupid?


No not at all. A file download failed I think. A small python program that converts the sidd from text to a byte array. I just tried and it failed at the same place once and then re-running the script worked OK. Downloads can fail occasionally.

Just re-run the script. You do not need to do anything before running the script again. It will run through from the start but the packet updates and upgrade will not do anything, or not much, as they did on the first run. Just follow through the instructions as the script progresses.

This script can effectively be run as often as you want and can even be used to change security mode, network ssid and network password unlike my main script.
Simplicity is a prerequisite for reliability. Edsger W. Dijkstra
Posts: 1843
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:17 pm
Location: Southampton, UK
by MrEngman » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:15 pm
ma21dw wrote:Ive somehwat fixed my problem. It was not at all a problem with MrEngmans script which wasa breeze to follow, but instead seems to be a conflict between peripherels attached via a powered usb hub. I can use any two of my mouse, keyboard and wifi dongle at once but not all three. Rebooting the pi with only the wifi dongle attached to the hub enables the wifi to connect fine fixing my previous query. I can then attach the keyboard and type away, pinging Google.com to ensure the wifi is still connected. If i startx and attach the mouse it wont move. If i detach the keyboard it will move. Attaching the keyboard again means i cant type until i detach the mouse. Very odd. I havent resolved this issue but am more than happy to discard the mouse, at leasr the wifi is working now.


I've seen similar stuff when X is run on most images I've tried. I'm fairly sure that this is a general problem with the USB code and how it works with the BMC2708.
Simplicity is a prerequisite for reliability. Edsger W. Dijkstra
Posts: 1843
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:17 pm
Location: Southampton, UK
by nigelp » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:32 pm
Ahhh thanks....however I have tried re-running the script several times, with no joy. Can I download the file manually or something?

MrEngman wrote:
nigelp wrote:Amazing, thanks so much for this help. I'm now SO close. :)

So the script install and updates etc all work perfectly I think, and it finds the local access points after I plug in the WiFi dongle.

But

When I press Q to continue the script something fails, which looks something like this:

resolving http://dd.tt failed
.
.
Did I do something stupid?


No not at all. A file download failed I think. A small python program that converts the sidd from text to a byte array. I just tried and it failed at the same place once and then re-running the script worked OK. Downloads can fail occasionally.

Just re-run the script. You do not need to do anything before running the script again. It will run through from the start but the packet updates and upgrade will not do anything, or not much, as they did on the first run. Just follow through the instructions as the script progresses.

This script can effectively be run as often as you want and can even be used to change security mode, network ssid and network password unlike my main script.
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:34 pm
by nigelp » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:44 pm
Cracked it! :) Thanks so much. I was being dumb and removing the wired connection when I inserted the WiFi dongle, so the download wasn't happening.

It's now all working fine apart from a little error on boot up which seems benign.

Thanks again, your scripts are excellent.

MrEngman wrote:
nigelp wrote:Amazing, thanks so much for this help. I'm now SO close. :)

So the script install and updates etc all work perfectly I think, and it finds the local access points after I plug in the WiFi dongle.

But

When I press Q to continue the script something fails, which looks something like this:

resolving http://dd.tt failed
.
.
Did I do something stupid?


No not at all. A file download failed I think. A small python program that converts the sidd from text to a byte array. I just tried and it failed at the same place once and then re-running the script worked OK. Downloads can fail occasionally.

Just re-run the script. You do not need to do anything before running the script again. It will run through from the start but the packet updates and upgrade will not do anything, or not much, as they did on the first run. Just follow through the instructions as the script progresses.

This script can effectively be run as often as you want and can even be used to change security mode, network ssid and network password unlike my main script.
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:34 pm
by MrEngman » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:15 pm
nigelp wrote:Cracked it! :) Thanks so much. I was being dumb and removing the wired connection when I inserted the WiFi dongle, so the download wasn't happening.

It's now all working fine apart from a little error on boot up which seems benign.

Thanks again, your scripts are excellent.


Thanks nigelp,

I've updated the script with a note not to unplug the wired connection until rebooting. And added code to retry the downloads in case they really do fail. ;)

MrEngman
Simplicity is a prerequisite for reliability. Edsger W. Dijkstra
Posts: 1843
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:17 pm
Location: Southampton, UK
by nigelp » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:41 pm
Great. And just for completeness, the boot error I'm still getting is something about 01ifupdown , if that makes any sense to you? It happens just after boot up and just before the launch of the XBMC GUI.

MrEngman wrote:
nigelp wrote:Cracked it! :) Thanks so much. I was being dumb and removing the wired connection when I inserted the WiFi dongle, so the download wasn't happening.

It's now all working fine apart from a little error on boot up which seems benign.

Thanks again, your scripts are excellent.


Thanks nigelp,

I've updated the script with a note not to unplug the wired connection until rebooting. And added code to retry the downloads in case they really do fail. ;)

MrEngman
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:34 pm