Orders opening up?

9 posts
by W. H. Heydt » Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:14 am
Was just looking at the Element14 web site and the following caught my eye:
We will be opening up to general Raspberry Pi orders on Thursday 5th July. Therefore we will cease to take registrations from Monday 2nd July. Any Registrations placed up until Monday 2nd July will be invited to order prior to general orders commencing. You will be able to place your order directly from Thursday 5th July on an ongoing basis, for deliveries in approximately 4 weeks.

Looks like they think they've caught up on the backlog...
by ghans » Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:37 am
'suppose this will result in a new one.

Anyway , it's still cool.

Thanks for the info , W. H. Heydt !

ghans

PS.: For a moment I thought about the possibility of them allowing multiple orders .... O.O
• Don't like the board ? Missing features ? Change to the prosilver theme ! You can find it in your settings.
• Don't like to search the forum BEFORE posting 'cos it's useless ? Try googling : yoursearchtermshere site:raspberrypi.org
by brosch » Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:34 pm
Nope, they haven't caught up.

My 4/18 order (no pre-interest registration) is scheduled (per customer service) to ship sometime in mid-September.

Or maybe this is nothing more than another set of promises (before 4/18: end of June, after 4/18: July-August, on 4/18: Sorry, no promise, we'll ship it maybe months later?).

Should I re-order on July 5th? Then I'll have it in early August rather than the 6 weeks that customer service is telling me.
by selsinork » Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:23 pm
W. H. Heydt wrote:Was just looking at the Element14 web site and the following caught my eye:

Shhhhh.... don't tell anyone about that. they'll be back ordered forever if you do ;)

The four weeks on that page seems a little off. Was invited to order this morning and it came back with an estimated delivery of W/C 2012-09-03, will have to wait and see which one is more accurate.
RS were still quoting 12 weeks on orders at the weekend.
by Narf03 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:31 pm
Still 1 per customer or no limit?
by W. H. Heydt » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:44 pm
Narf03 wrote:Still 1 per customer or no limit?

It doesn't say one way or the other.... Try making an order on Thursday and see.
by exartemarte » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:57 pm
I ordered one from RS just over a week ago and was quoted "within 10 weeks". They have cases, too - reasonable looking ones at sensible prices (£3.99 excl VAT & delivery) - but they're only shown or offered while you're ordering a Pi.
by W. H. Heydt » Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:02 am
exartemarte wrote:I ordered one from RS just over a week ago and was quoted "within 10 weeks". They have cases, too - reasonable looking ones at sensible prices (£3.99 excl VAT & delivery) - but they're only shown or offered while you're ordering a Pi.

Yeah...that "only with a Pi order" part is kind of annoying. There have been pictures of the case posted and it looks pretty good. For my purposes, the next best option appears to be the modmypi case...but they're not really available yet. The case you can actually get from RS (the Bud case) is large, ugly, and only comes in red. A completely beatable combination from where I sit.
by exartemarte » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:42 am
I don't know yet what RS will actually supply, but the Bud case is not what was offered on the website when I ordered - that was a neater looking case available in black, white (I think) and clear.