Introduce yourself!

2001 posts   Page 44 of 81   1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 81
by kerml » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:57 pm
Hello people!

I'm from Portugal!
I'm a kind of a crazy person! Some guys call me a g33k! Others call other things...

I use Slackware on x86!
Going to use ArmSlack on Rapsberry pi!

Peace \o/
Amor de Slackware
Portugal 2007
by CAMXposure » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:11 pm
Oh I've never been so much interested in a project such as the Raspberry Pi - I hope to get as much knowledge and feedback before I start my journey- but why not start with a intro by just saying HI

thank for the FORUM
the last thing you just read in HERE
by Wikke » Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:25 am
Hello everyone!

I'm from Belgium - still waiting for my PasPi to arrive... :|

I intend to use Raspbian since I'm not that familiar with Linux.
Lucky for me I do have a programming job, so I'll turn out fine I guess :P

cya
by Pyke » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:36 pm
Hi! I'm from Brazil

Just received my PI, installed berryboot http://www.berryterminal.com/doku.php/berryboot
and then OpenELEC and RaspRazor!

I will use it for media center but I'm planning to buy a lapdock and make my PI a notebook too!
by 16-32 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:05 pm
Hey all,

I'm from Hampshire in the UK.

I am currently an Open University student studying a degree in Computing so I hope to really try applying my knowledge and skills to the Pi.

My main aims are to learn to code in ASM, learn Linux properly and make friends with like-minded people along the way.
by 12_monkeys » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:51 am
Hello everyone,

Just joined up after seeing my friend connect and have a quick play with his Raspberry Pi and I have to say I was impressed

I've ordered my own and i'm hoping o understand more basics to computing, learn a bit of programming and just generally enjoy it, not like it's expensive.

Can't wait for it to be delivered :D
by Dexterp37 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:54 am
Hi, I am Alessio and I am interested in augmented reality, programming, wearable computers and, in general, stunning new technologies.

I'm getting started with some augmented reality experiments with Raspberry-Pi and depth cameras (i.e. Microsoft Kinect, Xtion, etc.)!
by sanduku » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:53 pm
Hello All

I am new, just got my Raspberry Pi in the mail a couple of days ago. I live in Alice Springs, smack in the middle of Australia, and have been a linux user since loading my first slackware distribution from a shoebox full of floppy disks in the early 90s. I have no specific project in mind yet, just figuring out possibilities right now. Any other Raspberry Pi users in Alice Springs?
by wpaynter » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:00 pm
Hi, Im Wes
I wanted to find more information about how to run a raspberry pi off of batteries 24/7 and have a charge system for it as well. Solar, Wind, Hydro, other?

So far I am using a Cat Battery with a HobbyKing UBEC for power.
Click here for a picture

I'm sure I'll find lots of great info around here :)
by Solenzo » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:50 pm
Hello everyone :)
My name is Martin and I'm from Poland :) I bought my Rpi two days ago today came my 16 C10 SD card. Also today I bought USB hub active ofc :). Also today i made a custom case which I show in correct place on forum. Case is made of box for ear sticks :) Each hole was cut with knife. At the head of the case is 80x80 led fan which almost covers the whole PCB of Raspi :) i think it would be cold :D Raspi will server cups , apache, mysql, tor , squid and custom bash scripts. OFC XBMC,samba serv also. lightm stopped :) I would like to say hello to all happy Raspi owners :D
by hellonearthis » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:42 am
I'm Brett from New Zealand. My rPi is in the post but I have a Pi Cobbler Ki now, so my excited is well on.

I program in a few languages and I like my Arduinos. I am also a visual artist (sculpture, painting, multimedia) I think the rPi will fill a few gaps in my work that the arduino can't get up to speed with.
by Lucky078 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:04 am
HI, very honored to come here
by mattura » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:55 pm
Hi Everybody!
I'm from London.
I just got myself a Raspberry Pi, have tried a few things and I'm loving it :)
So many ideas...so little time!
by gyeben » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:28 pm
Hi!

My first name is Bendegúz and I'm from (surprise!) Hungary, Eger. I'm 15 years old, and I will start the first class of secondary school (also called Class 9 in Hungary) in September.
I have never tried out Linux (if I don't count emulated ones), so I'm really excited to finally get a RasPi.
by GizmoPower » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:28 am
Hello from Norway!!
Im just a generall curious guy. The Raspberry pi has been shipped. Looking forward to play with it. :D
by binbags184 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:46 pm
Hi
I think I have been bitten by a Pi bug. So I am about to join the ranks. My son and grandson already have one the RPi's and may be a members of this very forum, I don’t know there usernames, so I will have to tell them via email.

My interests are in electronics, engineering, photography and anything remotely joined with Volcanoes and earthquakes. So interfacing the RPi with a seismometer and logging the data would be of great interest to me, so if there are already people out there doing this please contact.

Just been looking at the "Gertboard", very interesting.

So I will have to order one of each board and get cracking on some projects.
by PsycoMEn » Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:20 pm
I'm from Portugal

Loving my Raspberry.

Running like crazy to load it with internet explorer for a project, other options is win2000 ou winxp splipstreamed to be small

Following Dietmar posts like religion :P
by zajkor » Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:32 pm
Hello, my name is Richard Zajkowski, I am living in the north of France near the Luxemburg border.

I got involved in computers and informatics since 1966 and worked for several computer firms. Actually, i am retired and using my free time fully to enjoy my hobbies, such as travel, golf, electronics and of course ITC related stuff.
I currently have 2 Raspberry PI's of which one is being prepared to host my domotic and greenhouse control which actually runs on an Ubuntu micro ATX.
This system uses also Arduinos with XBee communication for the greenhouse control & watering system, Teracom TCW110 & TCW111 via snmp protocol for remote control/Digital I/O and humidity,temperature measurement, and the Velleman K8055 board (see within this forum) with 5 Dig Inputs, 8 open collector Outputs, 2 analog I/O for radio transmitter activation of window shutters and interior/exterior lights, temperature control and alarm inputs.
The Raspberry will take over all of these tasks and free up some space on my desk. :D
The second one will be initially reserved for testing, a Gertboard is also on order.
by Midnight Caller » Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:40 pm
PsycoMEn wrote:[Snip]
Running like crazy to load it with internet explorer for a project, other options is win2000 ou winxp splipstreamed to be small

Internet Explorer and Windos 2000 Will Not Run On the Raspberry Pi
Please remember that I am Dyslexic wen replying
by tangobit4 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:39 pm
Hello everbody me Tangobit and live in Canada. I work for a stock exchange and I'm here because I'm fascinated by the RasPi, and about how computers work. It's really cool to see this forum growing and developing as well.

by macrespin » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:31 am
Hi,

I'm Miguel Angel from Spain.
I've got a Raspberry Pi but my Linux's knowledge is worst than my English :D

I'll try tu use Rapsberry like a NAS with Transmission and a media center. There are much to read. Well, let's go!!!
by edzeame » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:16 pm
Hi all forum members newbie here like to say hallo
by biwa7636 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:27 am
Bin Wang
-------------------------------------------------------------------
I transferred from China mainland to Colorado University at Boulder at 2011, now I am a senior EE student there. I am a big fan of Arduino and now also for Raspi.
I am learning Linux and Python right now.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Projects:
GPS tracking system: ArduinoUno, ADH8066
Dashboard: Raspberry Pi, AWS, R statistics, Python

Nice to join you guys.
by danpeirce » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:39 am
I am Dan Peirce from Surrey/Richmond/Langley BC, Canada. Currently I am working as physics lab technician at Kwantlen Polytechnic University. We have four campuses.

We offer first year Engineering courses including one that involves programming PIC microcontrollers in C language. That course (APSC1299)winds up with a four week group project programming modified sumovore mini robots. (Student made and student posted video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95_4hvMst7Y ).

I am always looking for ways to enhance our labs. The Raspberry Pi appears to have great potential.The physics department has proposed a new B.Sc. degree program we are calling Physics for Modern Technology . I expect with the large number of courses being developed there will be places in the program were the Raspberry Pi will be helpful. The power of Linux in such a small inexpensive package is amazing. We have an information page for the proposed degree. ( see http://www.kwantlen.ca/science/physics/ ... ology.html )

Before coming to physics in 2005 I worked as a lab instructor in the electronics technology and automation technology program. Those were both two year diploma programs we no longer offer.

I received a B.Sc. in electrical engineering in 1984 from the University of Alberta.

As I work through some of the things we can possibly do with the Raspberry Pi I will be keeping on line notes at http://www3.telus.net/danpeirce/notes/raspberry_pi.html (edited -- page moved so I updated this URL August 31, 2013)
Last edited by danpeirce on Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
by Retrogadgets » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:52 pm
Hi

What a awesome device, i love gadgets like this and like emulating the 80's retro computers

The sinclair range, commodore and the like.

cya later :)