A Model RasPi in 2013! (humor, sick probably)

8 posts
by Lob0426 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:49 am
Ok so Foundation put on your blinders. You have been stating that the A Model will come out before the end of this year (2012). :lol: There is no way in #@ll that is going to happen now. :lol:

Last I saw Farnell is backed up for 47 days!
RS is backed up until around March, probably!

If you release the A Model right now, Today, Day before yesterday> :lol:
IT WILL NOT SHIP until 2013. No Way! Ain't going to happen!

So be ready for all the people that are going to burn your ears about the A Model being released this year. :o

They are not going to take into account the 512MB model being like a whole new start of ordering all over again. Because the 512MB is not an "A Model" :D :mrgreen: . You have shot yourself in the proverbial foot again, no matter how you look at it you are going to be wrong again. :oops:

There is only one way to fix this! you better have put them into production like 6 weeks ago and they are being shipped to the UK by tomorrow. ;) Other wise here we go again dang it!.
Back-powered 256MB as WordPress Server
Motorola Lapdock with 512MB
Modded Rev 1.0 with pin headers at USB

http://rich1.dyndns.tv/
(RS)Allied ships old stock to reward its Customers for long wait!
by pygmy_giant » Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:53 am
wow - I feel quite emotionally exhausted after reading that.

I suspect you're right, but hey - we got 512mb without expecting it, so who knows what could happen in 2013.
by Vindicator » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:00 am
It is likely that there is endless complaints we never see anyway so I wold suspect that @Lob0426 is not far from the truth.

I still see continuous post about how disappointed some people are that their raspi do not have everything their PC has even though their Raspi cost 1/20 of what their PC cost.

So there is bound to be a cataclysmic rebound over model A's not coming till 2013.
If you are more worried about ,spelling, punctuation or grammar you have probably already missed the point so please just move on.
by pygmy_giant » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:21 am
time for my favourie quote again:

Propose to an Englishman any principle, or any instrument, however admirable, and you will observe that the whole effort of the English mind is directed to find a difficulty, a defect, or an impossibility in it. If you speak to him of a machine for peeling a potato, he will pronounce it impossible: if you peel a potato with it before his eyes, he will declare it useless, because it will not slice a pineapple.

Charles Babbage quoted in Richard H. Babbage (1948) “The Work of Charles Babbage“, Annals of the Computation Laboratory of Harvard University, vol. 16.

Who cares if the model A is late?

Personally I don't believe it has ever existed - its a cynical marketing ploy to make people believe they've got a superior product.

I do think that we will be spoilt with minor revisions and improvements though, and a camera and the number of OSs is balooning, so on balance a sunny outlook.
Last edited by pygmy_giant on Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
by Lob0426 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:37 am
Now that is the Pygmy I know and love! 8-)

After that other post I was wondering what alien had invaded your body, and typed that drivel! :lol:

by pygmy_giant » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:40 am
How dare you sir - meet me in the square at noon.

Who's going to buy a slightly cheaper than very cheap version of a good product with essential features missing?

I think it's just arketing - like when parents give their kids a cheap treat and tell them to keep it a secret from their siblings to make them feel like they're being spoiled.
by Lob0426 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:27 am
Where do you want to meet Sir! :evil:
But be warned, I am going to kiss you right on the lips! :shock: Even if I have to hold you down, screaming to do it!

Ah,, maybe I shouldn't; retired now and cannot afford the divorce! Wife might object, especially in public! :oops:

The A model has the advantage that it does not have an onboard USB hub between it and your USB device. Lower power drain than the B Model. And of course a lower price. It actually will work better for those that are using WiFi only. I suspect that it will work with stacked USB hubs better also. The lack of connectors will also make it fit into a smaller space. That is important for people that are not ready to remove the connectors themselves.

I do wish it was coming with the 512MB also, but sadly not to be!

In 2013 ;) :twisted:

by jamesh » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:44 am
Can I please ask people to shut up talking about stuff they know nothing about, spreading false rumours, and generally talking b*****ks. None of you know what the plan implementation is, and speculation is pointless.

Thanks.

Locking thread.

[Edit by me - removed bad language - I shouldn't have used it. Apologies. Although this constant berating of the Foundation over the Model A, when they have NO IDEA of what the plans are, really makes me WANT TO SWEAR!]