Firm charges "Tax" for IE 7 use...

4 posts
by extravagoose » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:48 pm
:lol:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-18440979

Well I suppose its one way of trying to get customer's to use the latest version... perhaps the government could learn a thing or two here... :lol:

How about a "compulsory donation" for anyone accessing the Raspberry Pi website from Windows? :P ... i'll get my coat... :oops:
RPi 1: Hostname: Gimli, 500Gb USB HDD, ArchLinux | ARM.
Main Use: Bit of everything - but mainly web server, Network Storage and C programming.

RPi 2: Hostname tba, awaiting delivery.
by gritz » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:15 pm
My previous place of work was still muddling along with IE6 on quite a few terminals and doubtless still is...

I read this article earlier on the Beeb website and had a bit of a chuckle over it. I'd like to expand it a bit:

1) A £10 fine for Google every time they ask for my 'phone number for "security purposes" or so they can "text my password" to me in case I forget it. Yeah, right. Data mining chancers.

2) A similar fine for the administrators of any site that greets you with the interminable "Loading Flash" malarkey. No need!

3) A charge on Mozilla of one penny per Megabyte per minute for excessive resources hogged by Firefox. Worth a fortune, I reckon.
by sharpapotheosis » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:19 pm
And a substantial fine for each megabyte of bloatware on a new PC.

3) A charge on Mozilla of one penny per Megabyte per minute for excessive resources hogged by Firefox. Worth a fortune, I reckon.
And yet no other browser offers tab-groups which are so useful... I would switch browser if it weren't for that.
by empire » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:49 pm
sharpapotheosis wrote:And yet no other browser offers tab-groups which are so useful... I would switch browser if it weren't for that.

Opera has a similar feature (that they created first ;))
http://rpi-blog.com - Raspberry Pi guides, tips, tricks, and resources :-)