Diablo III Launch Events

6 posts
by Davespice » Fri May 11, 2012 4:31 pm
Anyone going to go to these?

There is one not far from me, they're having one at the Oxford Street HMV in London.

http://eu.blizzard.com/en-gb/c.....3-opening/

I'm not like a serious gamer or anything, but I really admire Blizzard as a software house.  I've pretty much played all their games, excluding WOW, since Warcraft: Orcs and Humans (1994).

I'm not even too worried about getting a copy of the game, just want to see the hype and the show of it all.

If anyone is going, let me know and I'll keep an eye out for you.

Cheers

Dave

P.S. It'll either be awesome, or just a huge queue of console kids picking their spots.
Raspberry Pi Foundation Employee & Forum Moderator
by Ed Raket » Fri May 11, 2012 8:38 pm
If it was close by, i would go... warcraft was epic! allso never got into wow tho.
by Davespice » Mon May 14, 2012 8:52 am
Okay cool, we'll I'm probably going to go for a few drinks in soho beforehand and then head over there for 10.
I migth see if I can sneek a Raspberry Pi sticker onto one of the posters or cardboard cut outs...
by liz » Mon May 14, 2012 12:42 pm
Wish I'd been able to go - own up, folks. How many of us have already bought it and have the installer sitting on their desktop. (That'd be me, for one…)
--
Head of Comms, Raspberry Pi Foundation
by n3tw0rk5 » Mon May 14, 2012 11:02 pm
liz wrote:Wish I'd been able to go - own up, folks. How many of us have already bought it and have the installer sitting on their desktop. (That'd be me, for one…)

*Cough* who me? Ok guilty as charged!
by Davespice » Tue May 15, 2012 2:15 pm
Okay, who would like a report on what happened?

:)

So I met up with a few mates last night and we drank for a few hours. Wandered up to Oxford Street for about 10:15 and had a look around at the front of the queue. They had a load of press and models in skimpy clothes posing and doing various things. One of their staff was dressed as 'the wanderer' I think.

So they opened HMV up and people started going in, and the queue was moving quite quickly. The queue only looked about 30m long and we thought to ourselves "we could be in with a chance here lads" so we decided to join the back of the queue. Shock horror. When we went to join the back we found that it turned a 90 degree corner in the street and went on for about another 500m NO JOKE! 3 or 4 deep and over 500m in length - we didn't even see the end of it. :shock:

At that point it was a full abort and we went to get the tube home :lol:

Anyway one of my mates went back there today and managed to pick two copies up, I'm meeting him in Witehall after work tonight to get it off him. Woohoo D3! I am not actually excited though as I hear they're having a massive problem with logon server bandwidth. Error 37 please try again later etc.