Kingdoms of Amalur

4 posts
by liz » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:23 pm
1) Took all day to download and install *despite* the fact I'd bought a hard copy. (Seriously: eight hours in all battling with EA's new community thingbat and getting it to recognise my login from their old system, and then downloading the game itself - which should have come on the DVD.)
2) Turns out to make me VERY motion sick.

Unimpressed. Has anyone played it and liked it?
--
Head of Comms, Raspberry Pi Foundation
Raspberry Pi Foundation Employee & Forum Moderator
by ukscone » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:58 pm
no need to ask me as we all know how rubbish I am at any computer game with graphics that move faster than a game of chess or bridge :)
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
by asb » Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:18 pm
Anyone who hasn't followed 38 Studios will find the Wikipedia article which covers their bankruptcy rather interesting: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/38_Studios

I think this thread is the perfect opportunity to flaunt my extremist no DRM on video games stance (hooray for GOG.com, humblebundle.com and others).
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
by liz » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:54 am
Agreed - the whole saga has been fascinating (and a bit wince-inducing) to watch. I actually bought the game a couple of months ago, before they turned up their toes; just hadn't had the time to install it until today. (And didn't really have the time today, but that's another story!)
--
Head of Comms, Raspberry Pi Foundation