Orphaned Pies

12 posts
by poing » Mon May 28, 2012 11:44 pm
This thread is 'designed' for those that bought into the hype but think 'WTF' when they are confronted with a blinking cursor while they basically wanted to have a 'working-out-of the-box-cheapo-computer' and are disappointed. If you find such users please direct them here.

Folks, here you can list your Pi so those eagerly waiting, but unable to purchase, can PM you and relieve you of your burden.

Two rules:
- No negative comments or flaming (leave those in the threads elsewhere so the mods can close them).
- No price hike, sell for what you paid (otherwise go to ebay).

Thank you.
by P1TH0N_PH4N » Tue May 29, 2012 9:50 am
It is a very good sign that this post is empty.
by grumpyoldgit » Tue May 29, 2012 10:00 am
P1TH0N_PH4N wrote:It is a very good sign that this post is empty.

That's because everyone is over at Ebay!
by Jongoleur » Thu May 31, 2012 12:17 pm
grumpyoldgit wrote:
P1TH0N_PH4N wrote:It is a very good sign that this post is empty.

That's because everyone is over at Ebay!

Must pop over there sometime and see what the going rate is. :lol:

We need a script to keep an eye on ebay and report start, end low/high prices for raspberry pi, like a stock market ticker...
I'm just a bouncer, splatterers do it with more force.....
Location: O'erlooking the sea, and all those effin windfarms...
by jmlanigan » Thu May 31, 2012 8:46 pm
Current bids on several Model Bs are around £30 @ 21:32 31.05.2012.

8 Pis on the first of 6 pages of 50 advertisements each. Most people seem to be keeping them then.
Mine is now on the way along with another board from Elektor because IWMPN (I want my pi now). The Pi will probably get through the letterbox first as these other, non-Pi boards seem to be popular too.

Looking forward to doing fairly useless but enjoyable things with the RPi. Just like the old days on borrowed ZX81s.
Nothing succeeds like persistence
by plugwash » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:39 am
jmlanigan wrote:Current bids on several Model Bs are around £30 @ 21:32 31.05.2012.

Doesn't mean much, any rational ebay bidder bids as late as possible. Bidding early just encourages the emotional bidders to bid higher. To see what items really sell for on ebay you need to look at completed listings.

Seems that most of them are selling for prices in the range of £45-£55 including shipping at the moment.
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
by chrisost » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:27 pm
I guess I'll be the first to use this topic for its intended purpose:

I ordered with RS after it was apparent that they would deliver before Newark. I forgot, however, to cancel my Newark order, so my second Pi showed up at my door yesterday.

I don't have a use for a second Pi right now, so I'll offer it up here: $35 for the Pi plus actual shipping costs to get it to you (probably will be USPS priority).

PM me to coordinate. I'll edit this post once it has a home.
by Tracer » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:52 pm
chrisost, I'm interested in your extra Pi offer. It sounds like you are in the United States based on your mention of USPS. I'm in California. I don't know if I can PM yet here, so just replying to your post. Please let me know if it is still available! Thanks!

Tracer

Edit: would it be rude to ask somebody to PM chrisost for me and let him know I'm interested? I'm jumping up and down in my office at work and cursing the PM rules. I think I hear my boss comming down the hall...... yikes
by poing » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:11 pm
Tracer wrote:chrisost, I'm interested in your extra Pi offer. It sounds like you are in the United States based on your mention of USPS. I'm in California. I don't know if I can PM yet here, so just replying to your post. Please let me know if it is still available! Thanks!

Tracer

Edit: would it be rude to ask somebody to PM chrisost for me and let him know I'm interested? I'm jumping up and down in my office at work and cursing the PM rules. I think I hear my boss comming down the hall...... yikes

Done ;)
by Tracer » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:17 pm
poing wrote:Done ;)

Thank you so very much, sir. I appreciate it!

Tracer
by chrisost » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:22 am
chrisost wrote:I'll edit this post once it has a home.

Looks like I was too optimistic about the edit capabilities of the forum... or I just can't figure out the right way to do it. Either way, it looks like the Pi will have a new home soon.
by dest » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:00 am
I bought mine with the intention of a PC car, but have since realised I would have to sacrifice my existing expensive touch screen, and would rather not go down that route!

I have listed it on ebay with no reserve, and am also including the Element 14 t shirt in XL

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0773028586