Dead Pi

4 posts
by arm2 » Tue May 29, 2012 8:15 pm
If anyone is unfortunate enough to end up with a dead Pi I could make use of two or three. One for shop window display and the others for checking out our case designs and giving to the case makers to check physical fit. I'd even be willing to pay. Does 15GBP seem reasonable?
If anyone can help please drop me a PM or email me at chris (at) cjemicros [dot] co /dot/ uk
~Chris

[Moderated by Abishur: I changed your e-mail to be less susceptible to e-mail skimming, while I'm wary of putting up your e-mail at all and would suggest requesting PMs in the future, it's your e-mail addy and you can do with it as you like ;-)]
by rew » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:26 pm
FYI, most "dead" pi's will have been DOA, so they get returned&exchanged to/by Farnell/RS/Element14 .
On the other hand someone might blow up their pi and be honest enough not to report it as DOA.
Check out our raspberry pi addons: http://www.bitwizard.nl/catalog/
by chaman » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:29 pm
Did you use an incorrect power supply ?
by boley » Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:49 pm
I have a semi dead Pi, that someone might find useful for display mockups, testing hardware mating or has a project where Ethernet and USB is not important. It has the symptoms of units that do not have a working X1 crystal. With a known good power supply, mouse, keyboard and SD card loaded with debian squeeze, it boots up to the point that it asks for you to login. Of course you can't do that if the keyboard doesn't work. The soldering of X1 looks good to me, so I wouldn't gamble that you can fix it.

Yes, I could send it back for a replacement, but I actually have a second unit, (we will call this one my Dad's, and the working one, mine, though he might disagree) and it occurs to me that there may be someone might rather have this one, than no Pi at all. If I exchange it, that will take two out of circulation. So if you desire a partially working Pi or dead Pi this is it.

Since there is another person basically offering the same deal on Ebay where, he started his semi-dead Pi at his cost, I will not post a direct link to my listing. Just go to Ebay and search for Raspberry Pi As-Is, and at this moment a couple should show up. They are currently priced a good bit less than working Pi's.