Pi-Stack®

36 posts   Page 2 of 2   1, 2
by walleee » Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:41 pm
Did you really expect me to look through your ebay listings to the 30th of may to find an answer? if you had so readily answered it previously, why didn't you just copy and paste to the forum? why STILL havn't you copied and pasted it? to date, it is a customer who has provided me with the information I required, not you.

If you look again, you'll find that another forum member asked initially how it was held, it was your use of the phrase 'internal mounting colunms' rather than literally just showing a picture (which is worth 1000 words, rather than three) that intrigued me and hence, I asked for a picture, because I considered that the easiest way to decipher what you meant, how wrong I was.

To state that
This product had no connection with the Pi-Stack in any case.
concerning the negative feedback is also debatable, I would consider the same seller a fairly significant 'connection' and your explanation below perhaps explains why the buyer felt they needed to leave -ve feedback, as it is somewhat confusing....see below

what is meant by
The customer received an immediate offer of a full refund if the item eventually arrived

my understanding of that is that 'if the product he paid for arrives, he will be given a refund.' I would expect the opposite, as in, 'if the product does NOT arrive they would receive a full refund'????

Feedback may not represent the quantity sold(your feedback left for others does however ;) ), but it represents the quantity of people that are happy enough with it to tell you so. My point was merely that using ebay feedback as a measurement was hardly conclusive, you have infact reinforced that statement, noting many of your customers don't even bother to leave any. :lol: ( I expect they are all the happiest ones :roll: ) also suggesting ebay isn't the only place to buy them from is bizarre, because you specifically mentioned you could only get them on ebay and havn't told us of any other retailers, I suppose, like the mounting columns, we should have just known that it's available elsewhere?

Anyway, thanks to tsedlmeyer for actually taking some pictures and providing what I asked for, such a pity the OP took the tone they did when we were simply asking genuine, reasonable questions.
by kdakin » Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:24 pm
walleee wrote:"Did you really expect me to look through your ebay listings to the 30th of may to find an answer? if you had so readily answered it previously, why didn't you just copy and paste to the forum? why STILL havn't you copied and pasted it? to date, it is a customer who has provided me with the information I required, not you"

The question and the answer is actually shown on the advert itself. It is shown under the title "Questions" (not exactly difficult to find). No searching is required - back to any previous date as implied by your criticism.
walleee wrote: "If you look again, you'll find that another forum member asked initially how it was held, it was your use of the phrase 'internal mounting colunms' rather than literally just showing a picture (which is worth 1000 words, rather than three) that intrigued me and hence, I asked for a picture, because I considered that the easiest way to decipher what you meant, how wrong I was."

I don't know how many times I have to repeat this before you understand it. Nearly all manufacturers reserve the right to alter the specification of their product if it doesn't effect the functioning. There is nothing whatsoever unusual about that. There is, in this situation, also a competitive element - since not many competitors cases provided a suitable "open" mount that provided secure mounting yet allowed access to all the "normal" sockets as well as to the GPIO and other pins. We had a novel solution with the Pi-Stack that others were trying to determine.

walleee wrote: "To state that
This product had no connection with the Pi-Stack in any case.
concerning the negative feedback is also debatable, I would consider the same seller a fairly significant 'connection' and your explanation below perhaps explains why the buyer felt they needed to leave -ve feedback, as it is somewhat confusing....see below

what is meant by
The customer received an immediate offer of a full refund if the item eventually arrived

my understanding of that is that 'if the product he paid for arrives, he will be given a refund.' I would expect the opposite, as in, 'if the product does NOT arrive they would receive a full refund'????

That is correct: however that did not signal the end of the end the matter as I had told the customer where to buy a similar item immediately in his vicinity to fulfill his immediate requirement. We had by this time decided not to restock that item as it actually cost us more money to post than it was actually worth. The replacement cost was minimal and, if the item finally arrived at his new residence, I agreed to refund the cost of his purchase from us (since he would then have one spare item). If he had bought one and the item later still had not arrived we would then have refunded the cost including postage.
Instead of saying my answer was unsatisfactory for him, he immediately provided negative feedback which he refused to remove.

walleee wrote: "Feedback may not represent the quantity sold (your feedback left for others does however ;) ), but it represents the quantity of people that are happy enough with it to tell you so. My point was merely that using ebay feedback as a measurement was hardly conclusive, you have infact reinforced that statement, noting many of your customers don't even bother to leave any. :lol: ( I expect they are all the happiest ones :roll: )"

I will let others decide if this comment is mischievous or not !
walleee wrote: "Anyway, thanks to tsedlmeyer for actually taking some pictures and providing what I asked for, such a pity the OP took the tone they did when we were simply asking genuine, reasonable questions.

I will let others decide who is demonstrating a correct "tone" and how "genuine" the questions are now that real users have given somewhat glowing reports on our product and described the mounting method a "truly original design". Another said "The build quality is excellent and it comes with clear directions for mounting the Pi" - let the customer speak I say.
by walleee » Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:46 pm
kdakin wrote:[
The question and the answer is actually shown on the advert itself. It is shown under the title "Questions" (not exactly difficult to find). No searching is required - back to any previous date as implied by your criticism.

I don't know how many times I have to repeat this before you understand it. Nearly all manufacturers reserve the right to alter the specification of their product if it doesn't effect the functioning. There is nothing whatsoever unusual about that. There is, in this situation, also a competitive element - since not many competitors cases provided a suitable "open" mount that provided secure mounting yet allowed access to all the "normal" sockets as well as to the GPIO and other pins. We had a novel solution with the Pi-Stack that others were trying to determine.

The question I asked, was
could you take a photo demonstrating the 'internal mounting columns??'
the question asked on ebay is similar to the one asked by erdnuckel01, and you did indeed answer it. So, you could have simply copy and pasted the answer you provided on ebay, or referred us to the auction, instead, for some reason you decided rather to question my motives and throw around insults, rather than just getting on with business.

If you had just said 'we don't want to photo the design out of fear of it being stolen' i'd have got that, but all the extra BS you added only rises suspicion. All this 'we reserve the right to change the product', umm of course you do, you make it, it's your right to do whatever you want with it. :roll:

Regarding the negative feedback, the buyer was clearly tired of negotiating with you, if your communications with them were half as difficult as they have been with me, I'm not surprised, once again. Generally, if im buying on ebay, I would expect a refund if my item never arrives, not if it does. so you really have me stumped on your reasoning on that one. Don't worry, i'll not ask you to explain that.

Im pretty suprised at all of this reading back it escalated pretty quickly.
by kdakin » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:39 pm
walleee wrote:"..... all the extra BS you added only rises suspicion. All this 'we reserve the right to change the product', umm of course you do, you make it, it's your right to do whatever you want with it. :roll: "

In which case, why have you gone on about it for days and days? Isn't calling what we have said "BS" insulting? (moderator please advise?)

walleee wrote: "Regarding the negative feedback, the buyer was clearly tired of negotiating with you

Are you a psychologist? He must have been very tired indeed to only ask only once and, given a very prompt and sensible reply (that gave him almost immediate access to a similar product "at his fingertips" in a local store) - and a promised refund if he eventually ended up with two items.

Perhaps more likely he was tired of the undoubted trauma involved in his moving house and didn't include this in his evaluation of our immediate,pragmatic and quite positive response. If you had ordered a product by mail order and expected it to arrive at either address after a house move - who would you suspect to be to blame? Would you expect the hapless seller to always pay the cost? We nevertheless offered a reasonable response based on a) getting a replacement product quickly to the buyer and b) making sure that the buyer didn't have to pay twice.

If you were genuinely interested in the design of the Raspberry Pi (as you have now claimed) and intrigued by the non-existent secrecy ("it's your right to do whatever you want with it"), why are you dwelling on a different item that we no longer sell and a clearly "one off" negative feedback that almost all sellers experience at some time - despite their very best efforts to be extremely helpful to the buyer?
I cannot help suspect there is a hidden agenda here!

walleee wrote: "Im pretty suprised at all of this reading back it escalated pretty quickly"

I havn't the slightest clue what you mean by this statement.
by kdakin » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:14 pm
Walle
walleee wrote:"....the question asked on ebay is similar to the one asked by erdnuckel01, and you did indeed answer it"

This seems to me to indicate that your previous statements about us not answering questions was (at best) incorrect.
by Joe Schmoe » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:24 pm
Could you folks get a room somewhere?

I don't think any of the rest of us care anymore...
Never answer the question you are asked. Rather, answer the question you wish you had been asked.

- Robert S. McNamara - quoted in "Fog of War" -
by kdakin » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:30 pm
Well said ! (We have been recommending "let the buyer decide" all along) - instead we have been continually accused of not answering questions!)
by walleee » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:55 pm
Joe Schmoe wrote:Could you folks get a room somewhere?

I don't think any of the rest of us care anymore...

well, Kdakin is the guy who's perpetuated this, by making 3 posts in my absence! where the hell should I start!

Negative feedback is negative feedback, people will look at it however they want, and perhaps they will take into consideration your rather confusing explanation but If I bought something on ebay, and it didn't arrive, i'd expect my money back. End of story. I wouldn't expect to be told I could go and buy the item elsewhere, and then, if the item that I had ALREADY BOUGHT AND PAID FOR eventually turned up, that'd i'd get my money back..bizarre, IMO.

kdakin wrote:Walle
walleee wrote:"....the question asked on ebay is similar to the one asked by erdnuckel01, and you did indeed answer it"

This seems to me to indicate that your previous statements about us not answering questions was (at best) incorrect.

but that's not the question I asked is it?
Show me where you posted a picture of the item. Show me where you have addressed concerns about the item being a registered trademark. BOTH of those issues were brough up, and instead of answering them, you started your bickering. with this post.viewtopic.php?p=108917#p108917

It is precisely that post that I refer to when I say that this escalated very quickly, as far as joe schmoe is concerned, I won't be made out to be some sort of troll for asking genuine questions, i'll continue to respond to this torrent of abuse as long as it continues.
by kdakin » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:18 pm
You accuse us of a "torrent of abuse". I think anyone who cares (very few I suspect by now !) could easily go back on the various threads and see who is abusing whom. It certainly seems to me that you have reached the end of your proclivities and are now pretty much "clutching at straws" in your attempts to discredit our clearly well received product. It is an honest product that has been well designed and engineered to a high precision. No expense has been spared making it perform as well as can be expected for a product of this type. It has no moving parts, it is pretty much inert, yet it has inherent aesthetic qualities that mark it out as a simple but effective enclosure for a novel electronic marvel that is the Raspberry Pi. There is not much more to say - except that any adverse criticism is ill founded for standing for exactly what it is - no more, no less than a striking example of good engineering design.
by walleee » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:15 pm
I have no longer any need to ask you to answer my questions concerning how the board is held in place. I've allready thanked one of your customers for helping me out and providing what I simply requested.

I'll not bother asking about the trademark status as you've made it abundantly clear you don't like to answer questions directly.

You should consider a career in politics... or musician, you certainly like to blow your own trumpet...

I definitely agree there is not much more to say.
by kdakin » Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:19 am
The PI-STACK enclosure has recently undergone a small evolution in its construction.
that further enhances our growing reputation for a thoroughly "rugged" engineered construction.

The four discreet acrylic columns and "O" rings, previously used to hold the Raspberry Pi in place, have now been superseded by molybdenum/chrome steel supports and "O" rings. The new mountings are still quite discreet and the "O" rings still serve exactly the same purpose. The mountings are inserted into the same small holes in the 10mm acrylic base plate. We will continue to supply a spare "O" ring with each PI-STACK enclosure in case the customer misplaces one after removal.

The three PI-STACK models are still all available on EBAY
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/110889494566?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649