Cyntech Cases - BerryBlack in stock

13 posts
by Raspberry-Pie » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:01 pm
Cyntech is very pleased to announce the arrival of the BerryBlack Raspberry Pi case. Available in our online store in the next 24 hours.
Sits nicely alongside the other cases: BluBerry, IceBerry and the original RaspBerry of course.
http://shop.cyntech.co.uk/collections/all
Attachments
BerryBlack web pic.jpg
BerryBlack web pic.jpg (19.58 KiB) Viewed 4520 times
by e1ven » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:20 am
Very nice case! I like it a lot.

If this isn't too forward, I don't suppose you'd share the model so we can print up modified versions?
There are a bunch of nice ones available - http://www.thingiverse.com/search?q=Ras ... &sa=Search - But I particularly like the way yours comes together.

If not, that's fine too, but I figured I'd ask ;)
-CPD
by trazer » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:58 pm
I purchased three of the Cyntech Cases and absolutely love how well done the cases are. I got Iceberry, Bluberry, and BlackIce. My favorite cases by far.

My only issue with my purchase so far has been that I also ordered three USB cables and two GPIO cables at the same time and I only got one of each. No big deal, except that I cannot get them to contact me at all, it has been well over three weeks now, I've sent emails to the main order email, the persons personal email that I talked to before ordering, and filled the contact for on the site. Still nothing. Pre sale I had no issues getting someone, this minor problem and I get nothing lol. This is the US based site and not the UK one, maybe the UK guys are more on the ball? Just a warning.

Case itself is truly stellar though!
by Cyntech » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:48 pm
Hi trazer, (UK guy here :)
Just seen this and very sorry. We have contacted the US office already and will have this fixed as soon as they are up.

p.s. Thanks for the great review, we love the cases too! Check out our SD card cover
by trazer » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:07 pm
Ha, you weren't kidding, already got an email and got it fixed. You UK guys are just all over it! :D

Appreciate it, and I still say your cases are the best I've tried by far. I've attached two small copper heatsinks to my Pi and it still fits perfectly in the case. Using the case in my daughters science fair project soon, I'll try to share some photos of you case being shown off when the time comes.

I'll take a look at the card cover too, not seen it yet so thanks for the heads up!
by Cyntech » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:12 pm
Ok good.
I'm going to send you some of these first off tool SD card covers to have a play with. See what you think.
by trazer » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:41 pm
Wow, thank you very much! I'll be happy to try them out, in one of my applications at work it will be useful to have the SD card covered. I'd already been on your site looking to see when I could get one too.

I'll share some photos here once I get it also, I'm no master photographer by any means but the more photos the better!
by rlkd82 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:23 pm
Oh wow wish I had seen the usb cover before I placed my order. Pretty forward thinking ;).
by caleb13421 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:57 pm
Hi,

I just ordered the BerryBlack and a USB cable last night but was not able to order the SD card cap due to funds. How much would it cost shipped to NY once it comes out, so I can try to scrounge up the cash.

Thanks
by trazer » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:41 pm
Thought I'd share a quick link of my daughters 7th grade science project, the Cyntech case is there looking good with the Pi and a MaKey MaKey running the show. We made our own color combination with two of the cases, using the clear top on the purple/blue bottom. Love the case!

I have a heatsink on top inside the case which fits fine, I'll get more photos later on when I can so you can see the case up close and take some good photos.
by neue » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:47 pm
Love the look of the Cyntech cases so got myself a Iceberry one (not from Cyntech directly I should add). Unfortunately the moulding is very tight and wasn't quite perfect so it wouldn't fit till I sanded down the edges of the ports.

This should have been a warning to me not to continue trying with the case, but I managed to get it closed around it and upon inserting an SD card it was out by a few MM (not visibly, the slots were lined up on all other cables) and it's actually snapped one of the runners off my SD slot. The PI still works luckily but I'd be worried about removing the case now.
by Cyntech » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:00 am
neue wrote:Love the look of the Cyntech cases so got myself a Iceberry one (not from Cyntech directly I should add). Unfortunately the moulding is very tight and wasn't quite perfect so it wouldn't fit till I sanded down the edges of the ports.

This should have been a warning to me not to continue trying with the case, but I managed to get it closed around it and upon inserting an SD card it was out by a few MM (not visibly, the slots were lined up on all other cables) and it's actually snapped one of the runners off my SD slot. The PI still works luckily but I'd be worried about removing the case now.

Neue, sorry to hear you experienced some trouble. We (Cyntech) will gladly replace your case FOC (contact us via our website www.cyntech.co.uk). The cases are snug rattle free, but do fit very well, time and again. Best way we found is to close the USB end down first.
by rj999 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:15 pm
My case, in a beautiful blue, arrived today, with its SD card protector bit. This is a really high quality case, I'm delighted! I like the hook slots on the back for easy installation on to a backing plate.