Vancouver Canada

15 posts
by TheRobster » Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:43 pm
Any other Canadian west coasters out there?
I see from the Raspberry PI tracker that there are a few around the lower mainland.

It might be fun to get together and show off what we have done with this little beast.
I am going to put a Raspberry PI powered HUD in my 24 year old Jeep.
by Wolfram23 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:10 pm
From Edmonton here. Got mine on order.... I'd love to know what you've managed to accomplish with your Jeep HUD. My aim is to get a Carputer going, so anything related to that is relevant :D
by bumblebizzle » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:40 am
TheRobster wrote:Any other Canadian west coasters out there?
I see from the Raspberry PI tracker that there are a few around the lower mainland.

It might be fun to get together and show off what we have done with this little beast.

Vancouver here as well ... on the Drive. Gonna turn the my Pi into a media server. Would be fun to meet other Pi users and grab a coffee somewhere. 8-)
by aspheric » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:12 am
Get Godda Really 'Gonna Wanna Have To' Have A NIce Day Alloda Awsome Eh.
But seriously - Raspberry Pi forever - in wonderful B.C. Okanagan Valley. The place to be, forever.
by PacificDragon64 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:59 am
E
VAN
S
T

Got my Pi so i could learn Linux and toy around with software development....What a blast! Love this thing already, and it's only going to get better.

Dragon's Den.....Who needs ya!

Cheers all!
Cheers!

:-)
by mikronauts » Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:44 pm
I am located in Langley, BC :D

Just received my pi's yesterday, so I have been downloading today... and joining the forum.

I wanted to try the pi's as tiny, low power Linux boxes.

Bill
http://Mikronauts.com
http://Mikronauts.com - home of EZasPi, RoboPi and Pi Jumper - @Mikronauts on Twitter
Advanced Robotics, I/O and prototyping boards for the Raspberry Pi
by nerdykit » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:44 pm
Got mine about Jan 4. I ordered from Toronto but it looks as if I could have just got one from R.P. Electronics on Grandview for a few $$ less.

I got it as a Christmas present from me to me and so far it's been great fun. As a long-time Mac user I know a little linux (too little) but I'm adding to my store of commands.

So far I've got it running wireless-headless to my Mac via screen sharing (which is very slick) and now I've installed mpd/mpc combo to act as an Internet radio. It's connected to the audio system upstairs now and making a great substitute now that Shaw has removed all but a few local stations from its cable radio listings (I've got my KUOW back!). There seem to be many reports of poor sound output but for streamed radio it's fine. The audio quality is great and I can control mpd remotely with the freeware mPod or lowcostware mPad from my iPad.

Some sort of interfacing with the GPIO comes next. I'd like to add a display to my Internet Radio. Has anyone found anyone locally carrying any of the hardware connector things like the 'slice of pi'? I may head over to Lee Electronics on Main Street this afternoon to see what they've got. I haven't gone into R.P. Electronics to see what they've got on hand.

I wonder if it's time to think about a raspi user group or at least a local BB.

Cheers

NK
What me...?
by geordie » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:19 am
nerdykit wrote:I wonder if it's time to think about a raspi user group or at least a local BB.

NK

Check out the Vancouver Hackspace. Tuesdays are open nights, and evidently have become something of a Pi love-in.

http://hackspace.ca
by cytothon » Wed May 01, 2013 5:08 am
West coast of the island here! Just recently got a taste for pi and plan on getting 3 on the go pdq to take on some projects for the kids. Im interested in coding a sat phone, build a weather station, and home entertainment.
by spleen387 » Thu May 02, 2013 7:57 pm
Leduc alberta! not too west but still close
by dris0ken » Thu May 16, 2013 11:25 pm
Hi,
I'm from Burnaby, BC and am working on a GPS and a control system for a unusual all terrain vehicle that will use a skid drive (Bobcat) with a hybrid drivetrainhttp://www.raspberrypi.org/ph ... 57&t=8736#. I will be getting a RBPi in the comming week.
by DeanC » Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:50 am
Located in Vancouver.

Currently have 1 Pi as a seed box, and another as a dashboard cam.
We 'idiot proofed' the world, and now it's full of idiots!
by profmpiya » Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:57 am
are u really going to put a Raspberry PI powered HUD in your old Jeep.
how is that working out for u
Love is all you need
by colinmcc » Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:04 am
I have a couple of 'Pi's, one first gen without the two holes in the board, and one more recent with the two holes.

I'm in Osoyoos, bottom of the Okanagan valley..

Colin
by timrowledge » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:35 pm
.. and I'm just outside Qualicum Beach on the island. Busy working on improving the Scratch experience on the Pi.
"Compromise", says Professor Trefusis, "is stalling between two fools"