Pay de Gex, FRANCE : Hands on demonstration

11 posts
by williamhbell » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:09 pm
Hi,

We are organising a hands on demonstration of the Raspberry PI, using Scratch, C and python. The event will be held in the Pay de Gex, FRANCE at the beginning of September. Between us we have four Raspberry PIs and a collection of other bits of kit. The primary target will be to try to reach out to the local children and teachers. If you are in the Geneva area and would be willing to bring a PI please reply to this post. If you can speak French, even better. Hopefully, the exact date and location will be fixed soon. Leaks to Le Monde are very welcome ;)

Best regards,

Will
by tufty » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:18 am
C'est possible que je serais dispo. Pi + qqs autres petits bricoles (clavier, souris, probablement pas d'ecran). Peut-etre un s-o qui n'est ps linux, aussi.

Simon
by obarthelemy » Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:05 am
Sorry, not my area at all.

I can translate materials in the mean time if you need.
by williamhbell » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:37 am
obarthelemy wrote:Sorry, not my area at all.

I can translate materials in the mean time if you need.

Thank you for the offer. There will be a couple of posters which may need to be checked.
Best regards, Will
by williamhbell » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:47 am
tufty wrote:C'est possible que je serais dispo. Pi + qqs autres petits bricoles (clavier, souris, probablement pas d'ecran). Peut-etre un s-o qui n'est ps linux, aussi.

Simon

Salut Simon,

Merci pour votre aide. Etes-vous près de Genève? Avez-vous le RiscOS aussi?

Meilleures salutations,

Will
by williamhbell » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:49 am
williamhbell wrote:Hi,

We are organising a hands on demonstration of the Raspberry PI, using Scratch, C and python. The event will be held in the Pay de Gex, FRANCE at the beginning of September. Between us we have four Raspberry PIs and a collection of other bits of kit. The primary target will be to try to reach out to the local children and teachers. If you are in the Geneva area and would be willing to bring a PI please reply to this post. If you can speak French, even better. Hopefully, the exact date and location will be fixed soon. Leaks to Le Monde are very welcome ;)

Best regards,

Will

Il y a une version française de ce message à,
viewtopic.php?f=65&t=8366

meilleures salutations,

Will
by tufty » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:11 am
williamhbell wrote:Salut Simon,

Merci pour votre aide. Etes-vous près de Genève? Avez-vous le RiscOS aussi?

Meilleures salutations,

Will

Salut Will

Je suis a 1h30 de Geneve (entre Megeve et Albertville). Si la date est convenable (je travaille sur les pistes ete/hiver, et ca risque de tomber vers la fin du saison d'ete) je suis partant. Au pire des cas, je vous prete ma Pi pendant qq jours si vous etes dans le coin. Non, je ne travaille pas sur riscos, mais sur un OS embedded ecrit pour le plupart en scheme (voir .sig). Par contre, j'ai pas mal d'experience avec *n*x, j'y utilise depuis 1987...

Simon
by williamhbell » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:26 pm
Hi,

After a lot of discussion with the local authorities, it looks like this event will be given a room booking soon. Now all we need is to build a few interesting add ons...

Regards, Will
by SkyNebula » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:28 pm
Hi!
I'm living in Annecy (in France, not far from Geneva) and I would be happy to participate in your event!
I have 2 Raspberries with the pre-loaded SD cards but I'm a total newbie and they're still in the box for now...
I hope I'll have time to set them up and play a bit before...
Keep us posted about the date/place!
by williamhbell » Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:48 pm
Hi SkyNebula,

Good to hear from you. Holidays have slowed down the finalisation of the room booking. As soon as the date and time is fixed, I will let you know.

Can you bring monitors, mice and keyboards with you?

Do you speak French as well as English?

Thanks and best regards, Will
by williamhbell » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:26 pm
Hi,

After a lot of trouble booking a room in Saint Genis, we have fallen back to home turf : CERN. More information under a different thread will follow.

Regards,

Will