Brighton Raspberry Pi User Group

15 posts
by BrightonPi » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:21 pm
Hi,

Anyone interested in local meetups and knowledge share in Brighton/Sussex, may like to head over to http://groups.google.com/group/brightonpi

or,

https://twitter.com/#!/BrightonPI

May be a little slow until we get some boards but the list and twitter will be a good place to await updates :)
by colincoach » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:42 pm
I'm in - even though I'm from Worthing!!!!!
by Phil Spiegel » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:22 pm
SASAUG - Surrey and Sussex Acorn User Group already meet monthly in Horsham;

and almost all regular members attending have Raspberry Pi's on order (and others already have Beagle boards)    http://sasaug.org.uk/

We obviously can't promise a RaspberryPi at the next meeting - which is planned to be about:    MPlayer and Pandaboard on 16th April (NOT Our usual date due to Easter!)

We meet in Horsham - see websitre for details (and I'll get the automatic date corrected)
by BrightonPi » Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:35 pm
Hi Phil,

I Hadn't come across this group before, I'll post the website up on the brightonPI group also, as im sure there will be interest.
by Gibble » Sat May 12, 2012 11:11 am
Hiya, I'm based in Brighton and would be interested.
by eric_baird » Mon May 14, 2012 12:49 am
You could always try BuildBrighton:
http://groups.google.com/group/brightonhackerspace

Oh, and regarding cases, don't forget that Brighton has a Lego store with a Pick and Mix section ... and last time I looked they had quite a lot of red bits in stock. You get to fill a small tub with Lego for six quid.
by E » Mon May 14, 2012 6:25 pm
This is the nearest to me so far, so I'll try and pop along sometime!
by JonB » Mon May 14, 2012 7:08 pm
colincoach wrote:I'm in - even though I'm from Worthing!!!!!

Yes me too (Wur-vin'). Should have my first Pi in the next week or so... so if you want to come over and see it, you're welcome.
by colincoach » Mon May 14, 2012 8:01 pm
JonB wrote:
colincoach wrote:I'm in - even though I'm from Worthing!!!!!

Yes me too (Wur-vin'). Should have my first Pi in the next week or so... so if you want to come over and see it, you're welcome.

Hi Jon, already got mine but haven't had a chance to get it working yet as I needed most peripherals as what I already had were being reported as non-compatible. Hopefully having ordered an accessory pack, which included a populated SD card, I'm only short of a HDMI to DVI adaptor now, unless I try it with our 42" HD TV???
by Brightoner » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:27 pm
Brightoner here! Pi arrived 2 days ago!
by JonB » Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:56 am
Yes Colin, plug it into your HD TV. It's meant to be!

I am going to build a laptop thingie using a Motorola LapDock. There's a thread about it somewhere... But I also have a second Pi coming from RS (my current one is a Farnell order), so I can hack about with one safe in the knowledge that I have an original to fall back on. I'll show you the laptop once I get it going. Will send PM.

Regards

JonB
by steve_ancell » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:50 pm
Hi, I'm Steve Ancell and have just joined this forum.

I'm from Woodingdean in Brighton and have registered an interest with Farnell and RS Components, just waiting for the purchase invite.

Where about in Brighton will the user group meetings be held?.
by colincoach » Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:30 am
JonB wrote:Yes Colin, plug it into your HD TV. It's meant to be!

I am going to build a laptop thingie using a Motorola LapDock. There's a thread about it somewhere... But I also have a second Pi coming from RS (my current one is a Farnell order), so I can hack about with one safe in the knowledge that I have an original to fall back on. I'll show you the laptop once I get it going. Will send PM.

Regards

JonB

Hi Jon,

Managed to get my Pi working with an unused PC Monitor having purchased a cheap HDMI --> DVI-D cable. As I posted elsewhere, connected it all up and it booted up first time. However, I didnt shut the Pi down properly, and am now a bit worried (having read some other posts) that I might have corrupted my SD card when I just unplugged the Pi. Well I'll soon find out, as I have since received a WiFi dongle and case, so in the next few days will be installing the dongle and housing my Pi!!!!! Probably ought to try the Pi with my HD TV as well!!

Cheers,

Colin
by krytorii » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:38 am
Just thought I'd say hi. I know that at BHASVIC 6th form they had a thing planed for students with pis, but I don't know if anyone signed up for it.

I was looking at the map and I can see that someone quite close to me has one. I was rather surprised :D
by drewibbo » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:37 pm
Hi Guys,

I'm in worthing and have my Pi setup and have my own tutorial website. I would be up for arranging meets etc...

http://andyseasysite.com

Andy :D
Pi Pi Pi...