Raspberry Jam in York

4 posts
by PReDiToR » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:39 pm
I've booked Guppy's club for Tuesday the 27th of November.
20:00 - 23:00
17 Nunnery Lane
York
YO23 1AB

Cost of entry is £2.20 for the first meeting. This is a reduced fee, and subsequent visits will be £3 for non-members.

Large (pay and display) car park opposite. Pub next door. Main bus stops (Rougier St.) less than 5 minutes (at my pace) away.

Information you need to know:
1, BYOD, screen, PSU, leads, cables and peripherals.
2, Internets may be available, I will check nearer the date.
3, There is a bar!
4, If you want to come along and have a beer and a chat without your RasPi, that's fine.

This is not a formal occaision. I would imagine, based on no evidence, that childrens could learn (or teach) something. This is wholly dependent on the attendees. If you can teach, tutor or help please consider coming along. In fact, if you have any experience in organising anything you're welcome to get in touch and show me how it's done! Actually, if anyone would like to take over, I'm not going to fight over "ownership" - This is a community effort, if it works. There is lots of potential if people are wanting an LUG/RasPi session regularly.

Please bring any PSUs, powered USB hubs, card readers, spare SD cards and micro-USB leads that you have, and remember to mark them in case of ownership query. Diagnosing any hardware faults should easier if there is a range of equipment available.
Do not meddle in the affairs of geeks
for they are subtle and quick to anger
by PS0uT1aW » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:59 am
Is this still happening tonight?

Look forward to meeting some friendly people !
by PReDiToR » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:22 pm
Yes, this is still on. I had a call from the owner of the club this morning to verify this.

Doors open at 8pm he tells me.

I haven't had much in the way of responses to my Farcebook event, nor to this post.

Please do come along, if nothing else we might be able to organise another meet and work out a plan of action to advertise and promote it.

I think there will be a very nice man coming along who might be planning to set up a "proper" jam with interested parties and possibly a few geeks.
Do not meddle in the affairs of geeks
for they are subtle and quick to anger
by PS0uT1aW » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:47 pm
Thanks for the response.

Me an my mate will be down at 8 then, be good to meet you and who ever else turns up. Sorry I didn't know about the facebook event or I would have promoted it a bit for you.

See you tonight mate