RISC OS released on Raspberry Pi

134 posts   Page 6 of 6   1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
by pygmy_giant » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:27 pm
done all that but now the command-line goes bonkers with characters auto repeating infinately(!) :?

Think I'll try re-imaging the SD card and try the PackMan route or wait for someone else to solve this as I am out of my depth.

I have enjoyed learning from this though and BASIC works well - anyone else checked out the Mandelbrot Progrem?

Charm is also intruiging and PHP inviting.

My son has enjoyed using Draw and Paint and Maestro and I have enjoyed Chuckie Egg.

Good job everybody!

:D
by swirlythingy » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:58 pm
pygmy_giant wrote:done all that but now the command-line goes bonkers with characters auto repeating infinately(!) :?

Oh, that's nothing to do with GCC or RISC OS, it's a known bug in the USB drivers. Apparently, Linux suffers from this problem as well. Irritating, but non-fatal.

Don't give up - try again! You'll probably have better luck this time.
by pygmy_giant » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:03 pm
I disagree - it was not doing that before and I have never experienced it under any other distro - also I've managed to eliminate it by dragging the Next slider way up, so think it must have been a memory clash issue in RISCOS.

Still getting the same eror though.

I do give up.

Over to someone else...
by swirlythingy » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:41 pm
pygmy_giant wrote:Still getting the same eror though.

What's the 'same' error? The 'file of this type' one? Did you follow my instructions about installing !SharedLibs? I just tried "wimpslot 6000K" and then "gcc --version" (though not on a Pi) and it worked fine.

To be absolutely sure, try rebooting the machine after adding !SharedLibs to 'Look at' (and !GCC to 'Run'). If you haven't rebooted at all in all this time, it's possible your system settings have got badly mangled (a bit of a hazard when installing software like !SharedLibs which does most of its work in the !Boot file).
by pygmy_giant » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:54 pm
I have done all of those things - thanks for helping me test though. Someone else with a better understanding of RISC OS than me needs to actually try these things on an actual Pi. Once this is solved it would be great to include GCC in the next release.
by stylx » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:09 pm
sorry must have sent out the message I meant wifi dougle not 3g I Have T mobile point Device which act's like wifi even those it is 3g is there a wifi usb adapter I can use
by swirlythingy » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:18 pm
stylx wrote:sorry must have sent out the message I meant wifi dougle not 3g I Have T mobile point Device which act's like wifi even those it is 3g is there a wifi usb adapter I can use

No. RISC OS has no WiFi support. Zilch. None.

It's possible to bodge it with adaptors which do everything for you and pretend they're really a wired connection, but that doesn't really work either.
by stylx » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:22 pm
Oh well Guess I Have to set up alinux machine to act as cross over. Thanks for the imformation
by pygmy_giant » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:15 pm
Hatari! is a 1962 American film directed by Howard Hawks and starring John Wayne. The story involves a group of Western expatriates catching wild animals in East Africa and selling them to zoos.

It is also an Atari ST emulator that appears to work under RISC OS on the Pi.

http://www.norisc-nofun.co.uk/Software.html

Which is the most fun - the film or the emulator? I think I've seen the film and seem to remember enjoying watching people shooting giraffes from helicopters with tranquiliser guns, but cant think of anything worth doing on the emulator....

whats more fun - this:

or this:

?