Gentoo Arm on Rasbpberry Pi (hard float)

30 posts   Page 2 of 2   1, 2
by Subwire » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:07 am
I tried my hand at creating an ebuild for the libraries dom posted (good stuff! Thanks again)

Per our discussion regarding mesa conflicts, I made the package conflict with mesa, only when it has any of egl, gles, or openvg enabled.  That said, the folks over in #gentoo-embedded suggested the more proper way to do it was to put everything in /opt/, since they're third party binaries, and include a ld.so.conf entry to point to it.  I created an /etc/env.d/ file for it with this entry, and we can make any other environment adjustments we need.  Its number (2) in env.d is low, so I think that solves the library conflicts all together doesn't it?

Once we sort that out, I'll finish it up and we can test it.
by supermihi » Thu May 03, 2012 8:47 am
Has anyone managed to install Gentoo with uclibc on the PPi? I have tried around with Gentoo/uclibc in the past, but everything available seems to be extremely outdated. Aren't such (semi-)embedded devices as the RPi predestined for a small footprint glibc replacement?
by jannis » Fri May 11, 2012 5:26 pm
Maybe I just overread it, but: where can I download the image?
by disneysw » Mon May 14, 2012 7:00 am
I posted a link on this thread to a bootable 'base' image without X11.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=707&p=77453&hilit=legato#p77453

there are two very minor issues with the image that I hope to have fixed within the next hour but the thread includes instructions on what to update manually.

I'll post other images at different stages of build if you want.
by Subwire » Thu May 31, 2012 12:06 am
disneysw wrote:I posted a link on this thread to a bootable 'base' image without X11.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=707&p=77453&hilit=legato#p77453

there are two very minor issues with the image that I hope to have fixed within the next hour but the thread includes instructions on what to update manually.

I'll post other images at different stages of build if you want.

Cool stuff!
I just got my Pi a few minutes ago, and am going to revisit this.
I'm curious if anyone else out there has made significant progress on the actual supporting Gentoo infrastructure (armv6h arch, overlays, ebuilds, etc)
If not, I'm definitely going to resurrect my previous attempts (which up till now were done on a Trimslice) this weekend. They didn't get very far, due to various Gentoo bugs, but my understanding is that much of that has been cleared up.