Enlightenment recompile...

4 posts
by brightspirit » Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:45 pm
I've finally managed to upload a slimmer recompiled Enlightenment on Arch with a newer kernel and set it up in 32-bit mode. It's not an official one but you should, with any luck, be able to download a copy from rapidshare:

https://rapidshare.com/files/3704901170 ... img.tar.xz

I've had it running both on a computer monitor and a TV through the HDMI port.
I've set up both a 'root' password and a 'user' password and have set it to autoboot straight into enlightenment as a 'user'.

Username: root Password: root
Username: pi Password: raspberry

There's no web browser or extra theme on it (I've tried to keep it as minimal as possible within reason) but I've since changed the theme and had midori successfully working on it. I've also profiled it so that some sections can be loaded in the background to speed up the boot time. I take no responsibility with any of it. Use it at your own risk.
So if you want you can try it and maybe give some feedback. ;)
by hadi » Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:22 am
rapidshare is not wget friendly mate. just saying
by brightspirit » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:03 am
Perhaps you could suggest a free site that I could upload it to then as it was only done quickly as a temporary measure as a full install distro for people to try out? It's only in early development stage and as I said any feedback is welcome. Limited time and resources doesn't give me the opportunity to check all the bells and whistles and whether it works on other peoples RPi.
by Nutolinux » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:47 pm
THANKS Going to give this a try .........i like enlightenment desktop
Let you know how it turns out