Python and SQLite databases

Share and discuss resources for use in the classroom

4 posts
by cavemancarl » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:48 am
Hi - I have just had my 60-page tutorial on Python and SQL databases approved by the Pi Store and it is available from there with all the (working) python scripts and the tutorial itself available for free download. It is all freeware under the Gnu Public Licence and was all written and tested on the Raspberry Pi. It takes you from SQL beginner to creating a fully-fledged CD database using Python, SQLite3 and Boa Constructor. I would like to make this freely available to all - especially to schools as I feel it is a good tutorial for more advanced students. I would appreciate a feedback message from users, if possible, thank you! Enjoy! The tutorial is called python-sql-database. :D
by alias_neo » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:21 pm
Hey,

I've just come across your post after doing a quick google for "raspberry pi python database". It saddens me to see this has been here so long unanswered when you've clearly gone through some effort to put this together, and then make it freely available.

I'm not sure how to access the PiStore (I use XBian) and my last attempt to install it manually made everything I tried to download produce an error.

Anyway, I'm going to find a way to get hold of it (could you provide links? or a name?) and I'll happily give feedback on how I progress with it.

I'm an Engineer so my software skill-set is well developed but my knowledge of databases is poor and I'm picking up Python "on the job", I should hopefully be able to feed-back in that regards, if you're interested.
by gmaxsonic » Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:37 pm
thanks for sharing this .
by italiancorolla » Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:05 pm
I have tried downloading this on my Pi and it had an error. This is what I have been searching for! Must..... Find...... Way..... TO....... DOWNLOAD!!!!!!! :lol: